What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Storm

SAP58

Juniors
I’ve been thinking about Aitken, he should be on the bench with both Feagai boys playing. Aitken could come on got a run with 10mins to go
I totally agree Young was always going to pick him unless he was injured so play him off the bench & he can cover backs or forwards if there is an injury.

Dragon David

First Grade
I totally agree Young was always going to pick him unless he was injured so play him off the bench & he can cover backs or forwards if there is an injury.
Minimum minutes off the bench on Sunday is enough for Aitken. Just enough time to see him miss a couple of tackles and not pas any ball in either the centres or in the pack .

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
A bit too little too late for some of these changes but I hope our debutants go well and it will be nice to see some blokes playing like they want to be there!

Big test for Clune this week to show us and more importantly Hook, that he has what it takes to lead the team around.
I take your point mate, but not sure Hook will take much out of Clunes performance....we are virtually playing their reserve grade team....but hope Clune dominates just the same

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I take your point mate, but not sure Hook will take much out of Clunes performance....we are virtually playing their reserve grade team....but hope Clune dominates just the same

Yeah mate I'm not a fan of Clune either way, hopefully he ends up on the scrap heap after this one.

Mjab

Juniors
Yeah mate I'm not a fan of Clune either way, hopefully he ends up on the scrap heap after this one.
I’m not a big fan either

I don’t want to be too harsh he has been behind the 8 ball

Playing behind a pack of losers
Shit coaching and game plans
A different spine combo every week
losing team and losing culture

Having said that other rookie half’s like Fogarty and Dearden and Burton all look far superior players to him

if u score him every week probably still beats Hunt and Norman unfortunately

tries hard , a bit too slow for a top half and defence seems pretty dodgy

Hook has to fix hunt and Norman , or Sullivan has step up which is a big call as I view Clune as back up option only

possm

Coach
I’m not a big fan either

I don’t want to be too harsh he has been behind the 8 ball

Playing behind a pack of losers
Shit coaching and game plans
A different spine combo every week
losing team and losing culture

Having said that other rookie half’s like Fogarty and Dearden and Burton all look far superior players to him

if u score him every week probably still beats Hunt and Norman unfortunately

tries hard , a bit too slow for a top half and defence seems pretty dodgy

Hook has to fix hunt and Norman , or Sullivan has step up which is a big call as I view Clune as back up option only
I'm sure Griffin will sort all of this out very quickly and if he can't fire up Hunt and/or Norman, then he will look at other options.

I'd like to see a halves pairing of Sullivan and Dufty. A much more economical solution and both have heaps of attacking skills. Griffin and his staff will have to work hard on their defensive skills; as he would have to do with Hunt and Norman if they were the halves pairing.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I'm really looking forward to this game. In part there's a sense of closure, the regime that has brought us to this point ends on Sunday. Come Monday a new chapter will begin. In some bizarre way we have survived, we are still here, we are still the Dragons.

Add to this we get to see a glimpse of what our future looks like with Clune and Sullivan in the halves, young Feagai and Ramsey on the wings and Lomax gunning the right centre position. That backline (inc Dufty) has me excited just to see these youngsters bouncing around with energy, skill and pace. Yes, they'll make errors etc so let's not hang them out to dry.

Our forwards need a lot of work, and whilst it's sad to see Friz depart, we get to see what Blacker brings, that itself is another positive. If the rumours are true re: Host then that to is disappointing but good fortune for him as he will join Sele and Masters there at the Rabbits.

I think this game will be closer than what people imagine.

Hope you're right about the closeness DS as I don't think I could sit thru another humiliation like the Knights inflicted on us. Looking at that Melbourne team- with a few exceptions their CC team- you have to admire their recruitment/pathways people as I would still fancy their forwards in particular to do a job on us.

YoHadrian

Juniors
According to the members newsletter this game is dedicated to the fans.

"
2020 has been a challenging year for the Dragons on and off the field, but the support our Red V members have provided us throughout cannot be questioned.

While we might not have shown our appreciation on the paddock at different times throughout 2020, we are indebted to the continued and unwavering loyalty and dedication of our 15,771 members who stuck by us through an uncertain year for society as a whole.

Our final round game against the Melbourne Storm on Sunday, September 27 at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium is dedicated to our lifeblood, our Red V members
."

Using that logic I guess that means the past 7 years was dedicated us to as well. Gee, thanks.

possm

Coach
Hope you're right about the closeness DS as I don't think I could sit thru another humiliation like the Knights inflicted on us. Looking at that Melbourne team- with a few exceptions their CC team- you have to admire their recruitment/pathways people as I would still fancy their forwards in particular to do a job on us.
I hope Griffin is casting a close eye over the forwards from both teams this week.