What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos: Friday 21st July 8pm @Sunshine Coast Stadium

Nafedogg

Juniors
The plan obviously has failed. Where to from here? When does the tough conversations start? Do we need a fullback that is fit for the season?

So many questions……

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
The plan obviously has failed. Where to from here? When does the tough conversations start? Do we need a fullback that is fit for the season?

So many questions……
Well we need a second option.
And Taafe DEFINITELY AIN'T it.
Can't make a tackle, provides nothing in the backline, gets smashed taking the ball up.
Put Johnston at the back, and put the rookie on the wing.
Having said that, if we can't complete at better than 66% we are no chance.
and the D is chite that needs fixing fast

handyman2190

Bench
This is what happens when no recruits are brought in to put pressure on the first graders,the coach said we didnt play as a team,60% completions not good enough, we got rumbled in defence

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
This is what happens when no recruits are brought in to put pressure on the first graders,the coach said we didnt play as a team,60% completions not good enough, we got rumbled in defence
the defense is crap, but when we keep dropping the ball in our own red zone, it's just a matter of time the good teams score

Eric the great

Juniors
Road trip for next five weeks how much fun is that gunna be glad we have the tigers next week latrell back we are a team that needs a confidence boost

Runrabbit14

Juniors
We have been saying for the 6-8 weeks we need to stiffen up our defence !!!
Something is not working or they aren’t listening !!!!

callmack1

Staff member
I don't have much to say tonight. Gutted. Just absolutely shattered after that one. I don't know how to feel. I'm angry and gutted.

Was so looking forward to seeing a near full strength team out there and starting to write some wrongs. But how wrong was I? We got the complete opposite. Putrid, diabolical, call it what you want. How does that happen in a game like that? Off a bye and needing to win. What the actual?

I am disgusted. Absolutely disgusted with my team and my club right now. Can't believe it. Our Season is very close to being done.

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Our season is in life support at the moment due to our own doing but there is a pulse !

There is something to be said for players who can return from injury much sooner than expected or play through the pain and carry an injury.

Steenson123

Juniors
2-6
We have fallen off the cliff,our defence is garbage, we will be lucky to even make the 8
Demetriou should be under enormous duress. 2-6 in the past 8 contests and given up 35ppg in FIVE of those, including to Canterbury and St George, two genuine no-hopers.
The squad looks unprepared, heavy legged and slow. The unforced errors are that of a Park footbal side.
Demetriou needs to roll the dice. I would try Taaffe at #7 and put the young guy Munro back on the flank. The pack is continually changed around, no continuity.
Crowe must be perplexed and very frustrated. Perhaps he has the wrong Coach. Ever since the SOO garbage, the squad has been going South.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Until we learn to have line speed and defend with a good attitude we will not be winning many games. Even still Against top 8 sides until we improve our kicking game we also won’t be winning many we have a bottom 4 kicking game in this comp I think.

We have major issues with our 7 and 9 major issues. Both of them I can’t see us making the top 4 next year either if we persist with both.

We have a halfback that can’t kick and couldn’t organise anything can’t get the boys around the park it’s putting too much pressure on Cody. Cody has had a great year. Cody shouldn’t have to be kicking as much as he is and trying to steer the side around. Lachy to me hasn’t improved on last year he is much the same. I don’t think he’s our long term halfback for success even with a fully fit and firing Trell. Well we certainly won’t be in the big games this year that’s for sure. We are making up the numbers. We had no Cody against the Dragons and Dogs two bottom 4 sides and Lachy couldn’t at least half steer the side around that’s where I wanted to see him step up in even just one of those games and he didn’t.

As for Damien well he’s washed he’s on the decline his best is passed him. Crash ball crash ball garbage and can’t read the flow of the game. He’s really struggling.

As for Reyno I’m happy for him he’s playing as consistent as ever what a game manager he is. I said we couldn’t replace that when he left and got hounded by many but we have not thus far. Solly and co have to wear that now. I am calling it now Wighton will be the 6 next year at some point and Cody will be the 7 and they’ll be in the halves and they’ll drop Lachy. Because if JD persists with Lachy I think his job could be under pressure if we are similarly placed next year.

Apart from that Tassy has been a let down the last 4-6 weeks I don’t think we would miss hihim if he leaves. T. Burgess was a massive let down tonight too dunno why he was so poor.

hunters

Juniors
I would try Taaffe at #7
I can really only see that causing us more defensive headaches. 2 tackles and 5 misses tonight. Granted defending at fullback is a lot different but the guys inside and outside him will be pulled into him all night. At least Ilias can hit a bloke.

Agree with us looking tired though and the errors were from a team that just don't seem interested.

murraymob

Coach
Your coach needs to make some tough decision .Mitchell with his Injury problems needs to go to Center less running.Move Johnson to fullback
At times last night your team go sucked into the fast open style the broncos love. And played side to side easy to defend
Own the middle of the feild with your forwards .Then get Cody hitting hitting Mitchell and Campbell graham wide

callmack1

Staff member
Broncos blitz denies Rabbitohs on Sunshine Coast: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/broncos-blitz-denies-rabbitohs-on-sunshine-coast

Press Conference - Round 21: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/press-conference-rabbitohs-round-21-2023

'Weren't good teammates' - Souths coach delivers brutal truth after 'embarrassing' loss: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/30e3cedeaf1ba2ad0a10621529bdbe83

Another good press conference from JD. Once again, he's hit the nail on the head. But to be honest, I'm starting to get a bit sick of hearing him nail it, and then nothing happening. It's all talk. Do something about it.

'Whiz kid' Walsh stuns as 'disgraceful' issue burns Bunnies - Big Hits: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/d8a3e67115ebac275b86afdac53c4a95

Steenson123

Juniors
Broncos blitz denies Rabbitohs on Sunshine Coast: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/broncos-blitz-denies-rabbitohs-on-sunshine-coast

Press Conference - Round 21: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/press-conference-rabbitohs-round-21-2023

'Weren't good teammates' - Souths coach delivers brutal truth after 'embarrassing' loss: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/30e3cedeaf1ba2ad0a10621529bdbe83

Another good press conference from JD. Once again, he's hit the nail on the head. But to be honest, I'm starting to get a bit sick of hearing him nail it, and then nothing happening. It's all talk. Do something about it.

'Whiz kid' Walsh stuns as 'disgraceful' issue burns Bunnies - Big Hits: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/d8a3e67115ebac275b86afdac53c4a95
Bottom Line is Demetriou should be under enormous pressure. From an 8-3 start to 2-6 in the next 8 that is St George/Canterbury/Balmain form giving up over 30ppg in 5 of those embarassments. Why this preciptious collapse in form and effort?
My theory is that there must be an internal division among the playing group. With Wighton's import there is a distinct Indigenous group comprised of charismatic leaders, dominant players influential to the Coach. Then there are other groups Polynesians, Endogenous Locals etc who may believe they do not get the level of control over the team they deserve. It could also involve contract offers i.e some believe they deserve extensions but don't get it.
Whatever the background issues they are killing an Awesome team. Just consider that in H2H contests we are +10 points on Brisbane and + 8 points on Melbourne, of all teams. And almost evens [-4] in the two Penrith contests. How many clubs can state these facts? Plus we trounced The Warriors in NZ and they have belted everyone before and after playing us.
Something has caused this collapse and the only thing that may salvage the predicament is for the squad to have a night or two out together and go belt someone on the field. Or sack the Coach.