What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 - Rabbitohs vs Storm. Friday 3rd of August 7:55pm

callmack1

Staff member
Just watched the replay and gee, it was so friggin good to watch again!!

One thing I forgot to say last night is that after Cookie scored, they showed the coaches box and Seibs along with Furner were both up and screaming "Go Cookie!!" I loved the passion.

Last night was just a massive, massive statement to the rest of the competition. However, we must stay grounded or it's all gonna come crashing down.

Shane Richardson Post-match Reaction: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/04/we-made-a-statement-tonight---richardson/

ThingFish

Juniors
Just watched the replay and gee, it was so friggin good to watch again!!

One thing I forgot to say last night is that after Cookie scored, they showed the coaches box and Seibs along with Furner were both up and screaming "Go Cookie!!" I loved the passion.

Last night was just a massive, massive statement to the rest of the competition. However, we must stay grounded or it's all gonna come crashing down.

Shane Richardson Post-match Reaction: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/04/we-made-a-statement-tonight---richardson/
You’re right callmack, but I’m treating the finals as a celebration of a great season. Whatever maybe, maybe.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Observations from the bears game in the first half.

Players who wouldn’t look out of place in the NRL
-Britt. Not really a workhorse like most supporters love but he’s got good defence, can run lines and some nice ballplaying skills.
-Fuimaono. Isn’t looking his best with all the strapping but still has some damaging runs. Some pretty solid defence as well.
- Tracey. Great running game, great passing game, can definitely kick and isn’t afraid to tackle.
- Brittain. Small bloke but knows how to tackle and has a crisp passing game.

Imo Viliami Kaveinga (the fullback) is also a player to watch. Is very safe under the highball and runs the ball back hard.

If I’m looking at a replacement for Doueihi I’m probably looking at either Brittain or Tracey mainly because of their versatility. I’m leaning towards Tracey though. He looks above the rest of the competition.

I reckon Britt will play first grade next season if he consistently plays like this.
I watched the whole match earlier today!!!

Britt was actually a workhorse for the 80 imo... he made 15 hit ups for 169m with a try and a try assist 33 tackles.... he ran similar lines Crichton does! If needed he'd do a no frills job off the bench on limited minutes like Turner would. Turner also looked good but not as involved as Britt.

Yeah Brittain has a good passing game. Not much of a running game though.

I feel Norths went better once they bought Mcilwrick on and he had some darts from dummy half. To me Mcilwrick looked more threatening but obviously Seibs see's something better in Brittain as he keeps naming him as 18th man over Mcilwrick so I'll trust Seibs judgement. The concern if Brittain had to play first grade would be he'd be steamrolled and knocked out!

Fuimaono was solid but rusty. Once Kennar went off HIA Fui went to right centre and got caught out defensively several times in the second half.... coming into the business end of the year I'd avoid using him at centre unless it's dire straits injury wise for us. When GI is back I'd have Burns on the bench for us over Fui. It's a shame Fui has had such an interrupted season with injuries.

Yep Tracey developing well.... could have had a hat trick but knocked on with the try line wide open!!

Sam Johnstone looked pretty good too and doesn't seem to have as many errors in him as Rodwell at this stage...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I watched the whole match earlier today!!!

Britt was actually a workhorse for the 80 imo... he made 15 hit ups for 169m with a try and a try assist 33 tackles.... he ran similar lines Crichton does! If needed he'd do a no frills job off the bench on limited minutes like Turner would. Turner also looked good but not as involved as Britt.

Yeah Brittain has a good passing game. Not much of a running game though.

I feel Norths went better once they bought Mcilwrick on and he had some darts from dummy half. To me Mcilwrick looked more threatening but obviously Seibs see's something better in Brittain as he keeps naming him as 18th man over Mcilwrick so I'll trust Seibs judgement. The concern if Brittain had to play first grade would be he'd be steamrolled and knocked out!

Fuimaono was solid but rusty. Once Kennar went off HIA Fui went to right centre and got caught out defensively several times in the second half.... coming into the business end of the year I'd avoid using him at centre unless it's dire straits injury wise for us. When GI is back I'd have Burns on the bench for us over Fui. It's a shame Fui has had such an interrupted season with injuries.

Yep Tracey developing well.... could have had a hat trick but knocked on with the try line wide open!!

Sam Johnstone looked pretty good too and doesn't seem to have as many errors in him as Rodwell at this stage...

I think my biggest concern from that game was Kennar. He really looked like he was struggling with injury. I don’t know if he’ll be ready for a call up next week.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don’t know. I’m pretty sure Campbell is right to go though. I’m sure Seibs will make the right call. We’re pretty thin though right now in the outside backs.
Burns will be there this week coming for sure... he's got a big task on Joseph Manu with Fergo down that edge too....

GI can't come back quick enough... Round 23 my fingers remain crossed...

If we win next week Seibs may even give GI another week to get himself right..

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Peter gentle and David Furner Post-match Reaction: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/05/post-match-special-with-furner-and-gentle/

Just thinking about this game throughout the weekend really puts a smile on my face haha, I just hope we can back it up next week.
callmack my wife is threatening to divorce me,I've been in my man cave all afternoon and night and just keep rewinding this game time after time and I probably will all week.
I might end up puting a post up looking for accomodation by about this time tomorrow night!

I haven't had a chance to post since the game last week.

What can I say, all the boys were awesome, an unbelievably impressive effort and a shot across the bow for all other teams.

We have a serious team on our hands here.....

Latest posts