What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Raiders

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Amone,I thought had a huge game. He's more advanced than Sullivan & Slone.
A definite goer.But Beale is another matter.
Never had a real go. He's another one that should be let go.
He definitely had a go, would be great at 5/8. Lomax would have done a better job at centre though let’s be real.

denis preston

First Grade
21 man extended squad for Friday:

1. Sloan
2. Feagai (Matt)
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa

6. Sullivan
7. B Hunt

8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. de Belin
11. Burns
12. Sims
13. McGuire

14. Amone
15. Faamausili
16. Kerr
17. J Hunt

18. Clune
19. Ford
20. Alvaro
21. Ramsay

NOTES:

Fuimaono will get another suspension (disappointing - he's got to hone in his aggression)

Truly believe the above (including Fuimanono) could relieve our form slump, build some form in the remaining rounds, and secure us a finals berth while also building for 2022

Sloan, Feagai, Burns, Faamausili, J Hunt - all should be selected for the rest of the year as long as no significant drops off in form or injury (go forward strategy to prep for 2022 - youth mixed with those experienced & still deserving)

Dufty is no more to be selected

Norman is no more to be selected

Beale is no more to be selected (thanks for your help - you haven't been too bad very much borderline though)
Thats fair enough and i agree but don't get your love for Fui. For me he is a penalty magnet & a plodder .

Crush

Coach
I'm so over the Dragons at the moment. They've broken me.

Sure we can return some players to the field next week but do we actually have trust and faith in them to actually turn it around? To me it still feels like as fans we purely hope, and now a decade on we are starving for success. We aren't just non-finalists again, we are the stragglers, bottom feeders.

Don't miss McGregor a single bit but it's just pain of another kind now courtesy of our playing group. Hold your head up Ben Hunt, a class above, keeps trying to make something of our efforts but has few allies. 2 years at least before we can come close to being near the top 4, best case scenario.

Whinge done. Like many others I will now fade off into distance for a while. I'll be watching when Corey Norman is named on Tuesday and we can do it all again.
You’ve summed up where I am at too.
I tell myself that if Corey is named on Tuesday I won’t even watch…..but I will.

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All, keep things in perspective.

last night we were depleted badly. Particularly our forwards. Keep in mind big and powerful Paul V is now gone for the season / forever. Our big metre eater with an off load and tackles well. Yes there are better props but not many in the comp. His loss is huge for us. The dogs are the big winners next year, apparently getting Paul a genuine $600k prop for a reported $400k.

Prior to the tragic round we were going pretty well. Winning games And probably going to finish 7 or 8th. Long suspensions for Fui, McGuire, Rava 2weeks and Tariq got a week. We have not quite been the same. Lomax and Williame gone. We all know Rava last 4 weeks suspension a farce. BBQ gate has crushed us.

Teams fall in a heap when the big guns get injured / long suspension. Easts were getting lapped but now most back, Penrith struggling and got lapped by Storm, Newcastle getting Best, Ponga on the field and improving. I won’t go on and on.

Now ‘dangerous contact’ is the new shoulder charge lite. Sua‘s late shoulder charge on Ben Hunt has been graded gently and Fui will never be forgiven for accidentally clocking Paps ( Reckless grade one then; which that is now careless grade 2 after the NRL hit reverse very quickly when influential people began blowing up, remember Phil Gould apparent quote ‘ so the NRL don’t want Victor Ridley in the comp’. The judicial system seems to be a mates echo chamber. The same broad group are the same judge and jury every week. That’s fraught with capacity for possible bias, possible off record discussions and possible dislike of certain players.

Summing up, it’s been a tough season friends. I’m disappointed as anyone at BBQ gate which has killed us for weeks. We will improve

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So I'm assuming Fui will be suspended for this game, therefore my team is:

1. Sloan
2. Feagai
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Amone
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9 Macca
10. Maguire
11. Burns
12. Sims
13. JDB

14. Clune
15. Ellis
16. Alvaro
17. Ford

A bit light-on on the bench, but cannot find a place for Poasa after yesterdays effort. Kerr has to take his 1 game suspension also. If they challenge Fui's charge and win then he'd take the place of Ford on the bench.

Maddragon99

Juniors
With a host of players to return against an equally disappointing Raiders, surely the excuses to lose run out for our team this round.

Really looking forward to having Rava and De Belin back to add some much need starch to our play, and we will finally have a recognised goal kicker. Can't remember who still has to serve a suspension, Beale is one but we won't miss him one iota.

It gets so much harder after this game but this one and is winnable, and really Hook must get the team up for this one.
If there’s any chance of a finals run it has to start this week against the Raiders. For the first time since round 3 we are out of the 8. Finals are still achievable but we need to start winning.

Maddragon99

Juniors
21 man extended squad for Friday:

1. Sloan
2. Feagai (Matt)
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa

6. Sullivan
7. B Hunt

8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. de Belin
11. Burns
12. Sims
13. McGuire

14. Amone
15. Faamausili
16. Kerr
17. J Hunt

18. Clune
19. Ford
20. Alvaro
21. Ramsay

NOTES:

Fuimaono will get another suspension (disappointing - he's got to hone in his aggression)

Truly believe the above (including Fuimanono) could relieve our form slump, build some form in the remaining rounds, and secure us a finals berth while also building for 2022

Sloan, Feagai, Burns, Faamausili, J Hunt - all should be selected for the rest of the year as long as no significant drops off in form or injury (go forward strategy to prep for 2022 - youth mixed with those experienced & still deserving)

Dufty is no more to be selected

Norman is no more to be selected

Beale is no more to be selected (thanks for your help - you haven't been too bad very much borderline though)
Might be wrong but Isn’t Kerr suspended this week?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I hope the boys spirits have not been dashed after their thrashing by the Bunnies. They tried their best given what Griffin could only field because of the suspensions but all won't be in vain as the younger ones will have gained more experience and with basically all of the troops returning we could jag maybe two wins out of the last games.

So it will be back to the drawing board and put all the experienced ones in the team against the Raiders for the fightback that will happen.
They won’t be, I’m pretty sure if he’s the straight shooter they say he is he would have pretty clearly let them know he’s not expecting miracles.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
See you Fui. Time to offer his salary + 100-150k for a yet to reach peak beast.
I agree Denis. He's been with us for 2 seasons and has offered nothing really. Plus it is the really dumb nature of his tackling style and failure to learn that pisses me off. I had hopes for him, but he is a liability.

On that note, failure to learn, Rava (who I love) must be on thin ice as well. We just cannot afford these ridiculous and avoidable suspensions going forward. Change your tackling style Rava or leave.

Finally, I know he will never be Brad Clyde, but Billy Burns has a go. I would like to see him with a brutal 1st grade preseason under his belt and an extra 7-10 kilos. He moves well, has decent hands, can run a good line and can pass. He's a keeper for mine.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I agree Denis. He's been with us for 2 seasons and has offered nothing really. Plus it is the really dumb nature of his tackling style and failure to learn that pisses me off. I had hopes for him, but he is a liability.

On that note, failure to learn, Rava (who I love) must be on thin ice as well. We just cannot afford these ridiculous and avoidable suspensions going forward. Change your tackling style Rava or leave.

Finally, I know he will never be Brad Clyde, but Billy Burns has a go. I would like to see him with a brutal 1st grade preseason under his belt and an extra 7-10 kilos. He moves well, has decent hands, can run a good line and can pass. He's a keeper for mine.
Billy sure looks a lot better playing in the back row. He looks like he knows what he is doing!

kit66

Bench
So I'm assuming Fui will be suspended for this game, therefore my team is:

1. Sloan
2. Feagai
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Amone
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9 Macca
10. Maguire
11. Burns
12. Sims
13. JDB

14. Clune
15. Ellis
16. Alvaro
17. Ford

A bit light-on on the bench, but cannot find a place for Poasa after yesterdays effort. Kerr has to take his 1 game suspension also. If they challenge Fui's charge and win then he'd take the place of Ford on the bench.

That's the team I'd pick while Kerr and Fui are out and give Sloan and Amone some tackling practice all week.
That's not a bad starting pack and we'll have more size and experience out wide.

RedVDave

First Grade
That is what the journos said after bbq gate
I didn't think this until what I've seen the last few weeks, plus rumours of players wanting out etc.

Anyway I hope you are not comparing me to those vile fiends lol.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Billy sure looks a lot better playing in the back row. He looks like he knows what he is doing!
One Eyed, he's never looked 1st grade fit for mine. Since the day he joined us he looked like he has some of that teenage softness about him. That's why I would like to see him with a really tough pre-season under his belt. He's big enough at around 6"3; he just needs to fill out. He also presents as a decent sort of fellow. No hysterics, just gets on with it. Could be good for culture.

Billy reminds of me of Will Matthews. Never going to be elite but tries his best and is a good clubman. I mean we really need some of these good fellows in the system right now.

Latest posts