What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Raiders

Dragon David

First Grade
The team is playing like sh*t does anyone on here know why?
It is probably because they are sh*t players, with sh*t attitudes who play like they have just learned how to play with no proper training. They are fundamentally the worst crop of players we have had. If we played the Bulldogs, Broncos, Warriors, Tigers, Cowboys again they would all beat us. We do play the Cowboys and they are a big chance of beating us.

redVbull

Juniors
The team is playing like sh*t does anyone on here know why?
I think questions need to be asked about leadership on the field. McCulloch doesn't seem to be getting the team performing, or to hold the team to a gameplan...

The decision to appoint him as captain in his first Dragons season was a big ask, given no experience with the playing group (other than Hunt) or club culture.

He's a solid defender but I think the Broncos made him look good. I don't see his game being big enough to command authority around his teammates and this could be a contributing factor. imo.

mickeylane

Bench
Keen to know who you think Hook plays at 5/8 next year? If it's Mbye that will just about do me.
I would actually risk everything on Amone .. give him as much game time as possible this year build his body up in the off season - he’s showing toughness and some skill. He could be the one .. I still think we need to find a way to move Hunt to 9 and say bring in a Nikorima at 7… Hunt to 9 would be a game changer w our better pack next year ..w need sparks at 1,6,7,9

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I would actually risk everything on Amone .. give him as much game time as possible this year build his body up in the off season - he’s showing toughness and some skill. He could be the one .. I still think we need to find a way to move Hunt to 9 and say bring in a Nikorima at 7… Hunt to 9 would be a game changer w our better pack next year ..w need sparks at 1,6,7,9
If we are going to risk everything, do we go all in on our juniors for a while? Hunt to 9 (pity he is injured), Sullivan to 7, Amone to 6 (they were very good together in the lower grades) and Sloan at 1. Zac and Bird in centres, Rav and Max on the wings. I like the look of that. Now for some great forwards.

thebigredv

First Grade

Nikorima needs to be considered. He can play and he sparks a lot in attack , however you use him.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Nikorima needs to be considered. He can play and he sparks a lot in attack , however you use him.
i would have one red hot go at Manu from the chooks...We have cash to spend and will command from between 750 to 900k .. Quality individual , gun player and game breaker who is equally as comfortable at centre , five eight or if needed full back ..
am all for giving our juniors a go as well...all of the above but Matt not Max F

rasaint

Juniors
I still come back to the issue of fast players.

The top sides have powerful big forwards and fast or very fast backs. very fast wingers such as Ado Carr, Johnson etc will get the ball to the line a metre or two in front of the average ones. We have not recruited a genuine quick player since Nene Mc. Our 2010 premiers had Darius B, Morris, Gaz, Cooper, Soward….speed galore.

our current backline is a team of slow pokes. Dufty is very quick and Sloan also but that’s it. In fairness I have always credited Clune with quick acceleration, which he used to bust Raiders for the Simms try.

Ramsey is back to the pack in the NRL. Zac had his usual unremarkable game, made a run in 1 st half ( as all NRL standard centres do) and dropped the high catch for the 1 st Raiders try. Bird is strong but quite slow. Amone looks average to me, don’t pin your hopes on him. Feagais looks OK but nothing to get too excited about.

mickeylane

Bench
i would have one red hot go at Manu from the chooks...We have cash to spend and will command from between 750 to 900k .. Quality individual , gun player and game breaker who is equally as comfortable at centre , five eight or if needed full back ..
am all for giving our juniors a go as well...all of the above but Matt not Max F
Warriors are about to officially offer a $1m a season - they have alerted Roosters

True_Believer

Juniors
I note that Sowie, in his Sweet and Soward podcast, devices Bud and Amone as special; I still have hope with the forwards firing.
Maybe but I don't think they will be ready next year. I think we still need an established half to slot in while giving them game time. The lack of lower grades and injuries have cruelled their progress for the past couple of seasons. I'd say another season of controlled game time might be the key.

blacksafake

First Grade
Maybe but I don't think they will be ready next year. I think we still need an established half to slot in while giving them game time. The lack of lower grades and injuries have cruelled their progress for the past couple of seasons. I'd say another season of controlled game time might be the key.
Agree.
I don't think we can underestimate the lack of games the juniors have missed out on along with their injuries.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
That’s probably why we are signing Mbye

True_Believer

Juniors
That’s probably why we are signing Mbye
I think that's a pretty accurate assumption. I'm ok with it if this is the plan. The problem is going to be whether lower grades will actually be played next year and whether we can afford to give the young guys game time. Sulli has only had a game or 2 in firsts this year due to a number of reasons but he didn't really look ready - neither did Amone.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think that's a pretty accurate assumption. I'm ok with it if this is the plan. The problem is going to be whether lower grades will actually be played next year and whether we can afford to give the young guys game time. Sulli has only had a game or 2 in firsts this year due to a number of reasons but he didn't really look ready - neither did Amone.
I would say they will be. The vaccines are starting to roll out pretty fast. I live in ACT and we will probably be the first state or territory to reach 70-90% vaccination rates I’m sure the other states will start catching up too. I’d say it’s on its last legs.