What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v Knights

WestyLife

First Grade
The spine was really showing some different looks to what msg been standard the last few years. Luai at first receiver a lot, cleary down the left a lot

I'm no expert but looks like they're testing what they like and don't before finals and the serious football.

Girds89

Bench
Casey is 2 years off but f**k he'll be a player then

Not a chance. He will be a mainstay in the 13 my mid next year if nlt in the 13 from rd1. I was basically the only one before a ball was kicked this year that thought he get a few games this year. Franklin and others tried to say he wasn't ready defensively but hes been absolutely terrific given his age and experience level.

Another preseason with the bog boys he will add 3 or 4 kgs of muscle and be close to crittas size.

I see his trajectory very much the same as critta and i think he will get harder and harder to drop.

I like Alamonti too..nothing against him. Casey is just going to be a star.

Anyway i think the main thing out of today was tago again building..

You can say Ponga was shocking but i tjougjt defensively today that side was terrific. Tago came up early when he had to and stayed back at the right times.. him, cleary, marto and too were all in sync..

Not perfect performance by any means but people need to give newie credit. Their ball control was basically perfect.. they played mistake free footy all day.

Their try off the forward pass was deadset 1m forward amd tago scored that try..

I thought the reffing was pretty avg for both teams. So of the high shot calls were deadset laughable. Even the tago one on ponga he got him flush in the chest and bouncer up round the head.. there was a few very soft calls..

We just need to time the run. Get to the last rd or two at full strength hopefully and i like our chances..

Dyl and fish coming back obviously adds alot!!! But i think getting garner back is huge also.. he adds great cover for and backline injuries being a decent centre cover. And hes much much stronger than geyer.

If we can get our best 17 back on the park come finals i think we will be hard to beay

Girds89

Bench
As others have said..we seem to be trying a lot in attack.. seeing what we want to do come finals..

This team is soo professional im sure they will click into gear when they need to..

I'm getting used to this. Team X plays Penrith and plays their best game of the year. The Panthers do just enough, look average and onlookers wonder how the team won three in a row. Meanwhile the Storm and Roosters score a mozza and dazzle with their brilliance. Somehow, we are second in spite of every team nearly beating us.

I think our experienced players play within themselves. I'm looking to see the likes of Leota get into beast mode in the finals.
Agree 100%. We will see where we are versus Storm in a few weeks.

re teams getting up to play us. I would like to see what the stats are for teams the week after the play us; a few teams have fallen off a cliff after given us a good game (thinking Broncos, Dolphins even over the last few weeks).

WestyLife

First Grade
On another day a few things go our way and the refs dont stuff uo a few calls and we win by 14+.

Happy to get the 2 points and no injuries.

Pretty much. Good to see tago getting it back. I've said it before but his speed surprises me every time. He's deceptively quick.

WestyLife

First Grade
Tago 100% mangled that put down.

There were 3 or 4 other shockers that went against us, but that wasn't one of them.

The Ponga penalty after that Tago break was pretty bad too.

They changed the rule you only need to maintain contact but in our games and others they haven't been ruling to it correctly.

chrisD

Coach
It was a low energy afternoon, pretty dead atmosphere and a just going through the motions performance. Hopefully fullhouse at Parra next week will bring some intensity.

Huth was ok but when are we going to move on?

betcats

Referee

There were 3 or 4 other shockers that went against us, but that wasn't one of them.

that high tackle on the break was wrong call but he was held down to long after that imo coulda been a sin bin. Definite second effort

Girds89

Bench

The commentators both thought it was a try and a rough call..

Latest posts