What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v Knights

age.s

First Grade
The commentators both thought it was a try and a rough call..
Commentators paid to big up controversy can say what they like. There was clearly separation between his hand and the ball.

In truth, I was much more annoyed he didn't just catch it and fall down. He had a really good game otherwise though. He's putting on the odd big hit or two which is great to see.

age.s

First Grade
The worst call of the match by far was the Newcastle 18 not getting penalised for tackling Luai in the air. Incredible they let it go given some of the nonsense calls we've seen on kick pressure.

If Luai stays down or starts a fight there we get the penalty. People are quick to complain when players milk decisions but what are you supposed to do when the refs miss insanely obvious penalties like that?

Fangs

Coach
Good game. Still building. Cleary smashing through Brailey and Ponga was a highlight.

We save our best for the Storm in a couple weeks from now.

age.s

First Grade
Very cool to see Iongi has some chops defensively. So many of those small, skill based fullbacks are turnstiles (ie Drinkwater, Sloan).

I say I'd be hopeful of seeing more of him but that would mean less of Dyl or Laurie so it's hard to be too enthusiastic on that front.

Frankus

Juniors
Can someone do a welfare check on chins after Tago’s performance? The merkin must be dying of shame, choking on humble pie or drowning in the egg on his face.

WestyLife

First Grade
Can someone do a welfare check on chins after Tago’s performance? The merkin must be dying of shame, choking on humble pie or drowning in the egg on his face.

I doubt it since he was accurate. How many times can a guy say a player is talented as hell but not playing like it and people still don't get it. An out of form player found some form shock of the century.

snickers007

Juniors

Crazy thing is even with Tago playing well today he had 2 lapses in concentration which added up to an 18 point swing.

Usually that would warrant 30-40 posts about dropping him to NSW Cup. Considering we haven't seen that today shows how well he played outside of those two moments.

maple_69

Bench
Solid enough performance. We had enough out but never really looked like losing despite Newcastle having a good crack. Two tries left out there and the Knights second off a forward pass.

Iongi looks really sharp with a good toolkit. Can’t say we have anyone else outside maybe Laurie who has the potential to just speed through a gap for a clean line break. Great to see Tago get some confidence. It really looked like we were intentionally putting that edge into space at every opportunity to fire it up. Looked to work. To’o to that side is a positive move and I must say, Tito is really starting to regain his form.

kinghippo

Juniors
Knights played very well, hardly any errors from both teams.
Nathan magic was needed again but in general I thought we were pretty decent against a determined opposition.

The Realist

Juniors

Whilst there are good signs, I wouldn't characterise Tago's game as a 'return to form'. A Form Tago doesn't butcher a simple put down.

He also either burns the last defender or puts his winger away. 2 Tries butchered though to be fair, in the 2nd instance it was his break and owning of Best that started it.

The Realist

Juniors
Do you see Jesse Mclean in the best 17 in 2025?

Edwards
Too
Tago
C.Mclean
Alamoti/Laurie/J.Mclean
Blaize
Cleary

Really interesting thoughts. Crazy that the Panthers still have competition in the backs after all of the players shed to date and also gone after this year.

We also have Jack Cole who is a 5/8 option, and Schnieder as a (poor) back up half.

That Blaize signing was genius and the McLean boys stepping up at the right time is just an extra magic touch in timing.

hindy111

Post Whore
Really interesting thoughts. Crazy that the Panthers still have competition in the backs after all of the players shed to date and also gone after this year.

We also have Jack Cole who is a 5/8 option, and Schnieder as a (poor) back up half.

That Blaize signing was genius and the McLean boys stepping up at the right time is just an extra magic touch in timing.

Blaize is a better prospect then the McLean's. In attack anyhows. His defense needs work