What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v Knights

The Realist

Juniors
That looked like a training run. Tried a few things then coasted. Tago looked good and Iongi went well even with a few errors that tackle damn boy. Casey McLean is going to be hard to drop when players are back.

Casey is Critta 2.0. I originally called him Critta Lite, but gosh he is possibly showing us more at this age than Critta did.

The Realist

Juniors
Not sure about Casey. I think we need a more power game, great experience for him but I didn't see him win too many contests.

Power of Alamoti still is in front for me

Critta was never a power player especially early on. He has started to develop a power game but that is usually when he has already built up speed and is using his long arms to fend fools close to the line.

Casey will continue to grow and fill out just like Critta did. 2019/2020 Critta was every bit the beanpole that Casey is now.

Iamback

Coach
Critta was never a power player especially early on. He has started to develop a power game but that is usually when he has already built up speed and is using his long arms to fend fools close to the line.

Casey will continue to grow and fill out just like Critta did. 2019/2020 Critta was every bit the beanpole that Casey is now.

Yep and Critta was still a part time centre until 2022. Alamoti is shorter and stocky but the other 3 centres we have

Asu - Is already a beast
McLean and Talagi when they add 5-10 kgs of muscle we will really have some bulk and power out wide

Iamback

Coach
Not a chance. He will be a mainstay in the 13 my mid next year if nlt in the 13 from rd1. I was basically the only one before a ball was kicked this year that thought he get a few games this year. Franklin and others tried to say he wasn't ready defensively but hes been absolutely terrific given his age and experience level.

Another preseason with the bog boys he will add 3 or 4 kgs of muscle and be close to crittas size.

I see his trajectory very much the same as critta and i think he will get harder and harder to drop.

Critta who debuted on the wing and wasn't a centre regular until 2022?

That is literally what people are saying the case will be here

Sime_11

Juniors
do you think theres a chance Casey doesnt walk into the 17 in 2025? he's getting minutes currently because May fkd up and Alamoti's injured?

i feel like id prefer Casey on Wing if he starts in 2025 - just for a bit of height as a kicking target.

Iamback

Coach
do you think theres a chance Casey doesnt walk into the 17 in 2025? he's getting minutes currently because May fkd up and Alamoti's injured?

i feel like id prefer Casey on Wing if he starts in 2025 - just for a bit of height as a kicking target.

Yes I do.

Assuming the Talagi signing is true. You'd think Laurie is the 6. Talagi/Tago centres. Alamoti fits Pantherball wing better.

Girds89

Bench
Yes I do.

Assuming the Talagi signing is true. You'd think Laurie is the 6. Talagi/Tago centres. Alamoti fits Pantherball wing better.

The biggest part of panther ball is rock solid defence.

There may be a reason ivan hasnt put daine at 6 yet... could be cause he doesn't trust his defence to panther ball quality in the middle..

People are very much underestimating how strong casey is. He is a freak in terms of strength..

Id think if talagi is coming here he will be the 6.

The club sees casey as the other centre moving forward.

Either way its good to have depth and competition for spots.

Its a good problem to have and gives ivan options

Iamback

Coach
The biggest part of panther ball is rock solid defence.

There may be a reason ivan hasnt put daine at 6 yet... could be cause he doesn't trust his defence to panther ball quality in the middle..

People are very much underestimating how strong casey is. He is a freak in terms of strength..

Id think if talagi is coming here he will be the 6.

The club sees casey as the other centre moving forward.

Either way its good to have depth and competition for spots.

Its a good problem to have and gives ivan options

We don't have any horrible defenders at the club. So they all really cancel each other out.

I agree there is no bad option out of any combination.

I just haven't seen enough kicking from Talagi to say he is a lock for the 6, Ivan also didn't think Burton was a 6 a few years ago due to his frame.

I'd have to go check Burton's weight at the time but Burton is 190cm tall. Talagi is 188cm tall. So when you add the 5-10kg that someone his age is going to do. Then you get very close to Burton in size.

WestyLife

First Grade
We don't have any horrible defenders at the club. So they all really cancel each other out.

I agree there is no bad option out of any combination.

I just haven't seen enough kicking from Talagi to say he is a lock for the 6, Ivan also didn't think Burton was a 6 a few years ago due to his frame.

I'd have to go check Burton's weight at the time but Burton is 190cm tall. Talagi is 188cm tall. So when you add the 5-10kg that someone his age is going to do. Then you get very close to Burton in size.

Burton's size had nothing to do with not playing 6.

Latest posts