What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v The Sharks

Kilkenny

Coach
I confess I’m not a big stats guy but those Reece Walsh LBA and TA stats are pretty impressive. Totally different style of fullback to Dylan but impressive in there own right and one reason why the Broncos are a serious contender this year.

Iamback

Coach
I confess I’m not a big stats guy but those Reece Walsh LBA and TA stats are pretty impressive. Totally different style of fullback to Dylan but impressive in there own right and one reason why the Broncos are a serious contender this year.

Also shows the difficulty in selecting a fullback for a club

MugaB

Coach
Other than comments from Spencer himself? And comments from Trent Robinson?

Not sure what the end game would be for anyone to participate in a faked departure.
We've since spent Spencer's money. Other clubs are operating under the assumption that he's at the Roosters, and also spending any money they may have had. And what happens if the Roosters haven't kept his money aside?
Uncle laundy will get him invested in a pub

MugaB

Coach
Depends how Hosking goes at centre. That would allow Cogger to be on the bench and cover the halves
Incorrect, hosking is taking over salmons role next season... as TMay will most probably come in for crittas role, if that doesn't work, turuva gets that shot there... hosking is totally cover...thats why i was completely happy with him there last nite, the more game time he gets there, the more strings he adds to his bow as a utility, peach is the other utility but as you can see his brain snaps or reliance on staying out of suspension means hoskings needs to be used more broadly

Incorrect, hosking is taking over salmons role next season... as TMay will most probably come in for crittas role, if that doesn't work, turuva gets that shot there... hosking is totally cover...thats why i was completely happy with him there last nite, the more game time he gets there, the more strings he adds to his bow as a utility, peach is the other utility but as you can see his brain snaps or reliance on staying out of suspension means hoskings needs to be used more broadly
Yes Hoskings made errors, however, he more than held his own last night.

MugaB

Coach
Yes Hoskings made errors, however, he more than held his own last night.
Yep, as i said he is cover... Tago and Critta are our 1st choices, then peach and hosking, next season without Critta it will fall to Tiny May

I was right about sorrenson coming in for kiks for the season, soni luke will also be getting more and more game time till the finals, then we'll see the final squad picks

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The same ennis that was calling for critta to fb and Edwards out lol.

The blokes a flop.

The facts are sonny gets 10 or 15 mins every week of footy... he doesnt play cup.

The pressure he must feel to do something or produce something good to keep his spot is a real thing.

Im certainly not in the luke bowden camp and think hes the next api. Thats just nkt the case

Bit crap ive read about... like sommerton being better than him by some posters and this and that is just bs.

Sonny gets 15mins every week... hes guilty of overplaying his hand.

Its obvious he has the skills..blind freddy can see that.

Hes just forcing things cause he gets very limited mins.

Ivan needs to tell him just to calm down when he gets out there.

Stick to the plan.. if nath calls for it he gets it. Dont go rogue.

Theres a very talented player in soni. Always has been.

He is never going to be api. But he has the skills to be a good nrl hooker..

I think if we lock up a top 2 spot with a few rounds to go it wouldnt hurt to give him a few more mins.

At the moment hes just forcing things.

Hes the 2nd best hooker at the club and daylight third. Sommerton isnt a fg player.

I know hes 27 but hes still very junior in terms of nrl games played and atm hes just trying to hadd cause of the limited game time... he feels like he needs to do something when in reality he just needs to do the odd scoot and keep the forwards rolling forward.

Sonny is a work in progress and will be in the nrl team moving forward.

Ennis has no idea and will right a player off week to week.

The way he death rode dylan shows he has no idea.

Put it this way we wouldnt be the team we are if ivan had listened to ennis and dropped dylan all those years back.. we wouldnt of won premierships.

Soni will be fine.
I can’t wait for next season. It’s going to be really interesting to see who all the experts on here change turn their attention too.

Girds89

Bench
I can’t wait for next season. It’s going to be really interesting to see who all the experts on here change turn their attention too.

I thought soni was good when he cane on last night.

Didnt overplay his hand.

I thought ivan probs couldve given him another 5 or so mins given the scoreline

Girds89

Bench
Yep, as i said he is cover... Tago and Critta are our 1st choices, then peach and hosking, next season without Critta it will fall to Tiny May

I was right about sorrenson coming in for kiks for the season, soni luke will also be getting more and more game time till the finals, then we'll see the final squad picks

Yeah soro has been a revelation.

I was convinced hed do well there but i didng think he do as good as he has.

Hes offloads, line running, power game and ability to play 80 without being a liabilty in defence has all been first class.

soc123_au

Staff member

Didnt overplay his hand.

Ivan needs to bite the bullet next week and give him Api 2022 minutes. If it goes badly bring Kenny back on, perfect time to give it a try.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Didnt overplay his hand.

Everyone gets so wrapped up in his game time, it really doesn’t matter.

For this year, He’s there if we are chasing points and being dominated at the ruck. Which, thankfully never happens. The Bennett coached Dolphins tried, but not for any real time.

The main thing he needs to do is get through a full season of NRL training and then a preseason. His body is the only question Ivan has. But Soni is currently ticking off a lot of boxes with the coaching staff.

Girds89

Bench
Everyone gets so wrapped up in his game time, it really doesn’t matter.

For this year, He’s there if we are chasing points and being dominated at the ruck. Which, thankfully never happens. The Bennett coached Dolphins tried, but not for any real time.

The main thing he needs to do is get through a full season of NRL training and then a preseason. His body is the only question Ivan has. But Soni is currently ticking off a lot of boxes with the coaching staff.

I agree with most of it...

I still think in games that we are winning easily he should be given way more minutes.

Even it it means moving kenny to lock and giving yeo a 30min early mark for a rest..

Latest posts