What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v The Storm

The good things is I don’t think we can play worse than we did against the chocolate soldiers.
Probably not worth arguing but I do think we can play worse. Anzac Day was worse, second halves against manly, Dogs and Cowboys were all worse. Panthers are just so good and got the rub of the green to start the match. Hunts kicking game surely can’t get worse though.

If the players have any pride they will show some resolve in this match but they are getting beat. Just another year of Storm playing for a premiership and us just existing in the comp.

I’ll be watching but my expectations are even lower this week.

since77

Juniors
Storm beat Eels 32-14. We are a better team than the Eels. We should be aiming to do a lot better than that.
The Eels to their credit were actually pretty good most of the first half against Melbourne. Had two momentum changing against the run of play tries scored against them and they crumbled after that - much like the Dragons would have.

TheRev

First Grade
The Eels arent a dud side though.. bit like the Broncos.. the g.final side is still in there.. and if you let them play their style of footy they can score points fast... I spose at times we are like that also..

But I cant really explain why we have won more games than those 2 clubs.. seems like a psychological thing... but tbf those sides have lost a lot of close games... we honestly havent.. we either win big and strong.. or we get a pasting.... I dont really know the answer.. other than we cant get ourselves up for every round.. I mean noone can but we are probably running @ 90%, 60%, 90%, 60%.. and it just depends who we play on the week... but the Top4 sides are probably more like 80-95% each week. Flanno has to sort of bring us up for a big game and out-energise our opponent, but its rare that we can do that 2 weeks straight.

Ultimately I think its raw roster quality that is our limiter.. squeezing too much out of the lemon was the best quote I heard from Flanno all year, it just sort of popped out after a loss.. and I think its spot on.

Latest posts