What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v The Storm

Dragon David

First Grade
We are a much better team with JDB coming off the bench to shore up the second half of the first half.
My only concern was comment by Cooper Cronk in the last 10 mins - 'our only attacking option appears to be a high kick for Lomax'. We need more attacking options next year. More speed in the backs.
Meanwhile well done to all tonight.
Well next year we won't be kicking high kicks to Lomax as he will be at the Eels. It might be to another tall winger though.

TheRev

First Grade
That Lawrie one where he thought he steamroll defenders instead of passing.. omg.. there were so many moments like that that could have been the difference in the end.. many were via the ref, he was trying to find some way to take the ball off us in every situation.. there was a couple like the sele offload or RFM losing the ball with a few minutes to go.. lots of moments.. any of them could have robbed us at the end.. but got to admit we defended pretty well for the most part...

Obviously Storm errors were important, we always struggle to go set for set in high % completion arm wrestles.. I think we were making more metres than normal too.. well.. a lot of sets off our line were lomax and co just toughing out 5m at a time... but once we got the ball in slightly better position... we were passing it wide and hitting our edges and it paid dividends.. some risk but so much better than just sending one out blokes into tacklers.. its clearly something they trained for... and its something the dogs do and then some.

Tuddy

Juniors
We may not win the GF this year but that’s got to be the next best thing. Such a great win, a real team effort. I’m so happy for Flanno and I don’t think we get that win tonight if we had a lot of other blokes coaching us.

Oh when the Saint’s…..enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

TheRev

First Grade
Certainly played above at least two other forwards. Great win but interesting that 3 or 4 of our players were ordinary . Does that make it an even better victory ?
It a shame Toby has 1 more week of suspension.. I think playing both against the mobile storm pack would have been rly beneficial.

BMM gone for the year, its going to be Lawrie again cause no other choice..

TruSaint

Referee
We may not win the GF this year but that’s got to be the next best thing. Such a great win, a real team effort. I’m so happy for Flanno and I don’t think we get that win tonight if we had a lot of other blokes coaching us.

Oh when the Saint’s…..enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

Indeed.
Loved what we did tonight and what is says about our trajectory. Enjoy each win.

Old Timer

Coach
Now I am waiting for @Old Timer to comment on how we played Storm at home but they did not try so it is not a true meaasue of our coach or team
Wake up and take your hand off your dick you've already blown your load so best you mop up and go back and do a bit of reading.

Maybe an apology might even be forthcoming but I won't count on it.

If we can land some decent players for next year, you will see us shine in most games I reckon.
Surely David, we've done enough now to earn the respect of prospective players, beating Melbourne in Melbourne? We've got decent money to offer. What more do they want?

If we want to experience more success like tonight we need to clinch these ace players.

Dragon David

First Grade
Surely David, we've done enough now to earn the respect of prospective players, beating Melbourne in Melbourne? We've got decent money to offer. What more do they want?

If we want to experience more success like tonight we need to clinch these ace players.
We will get them. There is no way that Flanno won't get the players that will help us a lot next year. There are ways and there are ways. They will come I am sure of it.