What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v The Storm

since77

Juniors
Our first win in Melbourne since 1999…Vossy commented at the end of the telecast that a young Dragons fan back then in Kindergarten watching that game would now be married with two children…that’s my eldest son!
My second son was a newborn during that last win back in '99.
2 weeks later poor guy was then bouncing away in his bassinet at my feet oblivious to my bleak change in mood during the 2nd half of the GF. Poor guy shared my lowest football memory and then went on to support the same team.
Have I ever mentioned how much I despise those inbred purple soulless cheats?

since77

Juniors
I was pretty angry with Hame Sele's offload attempt in the final 2 minutes though. Jesus christ
Brought back memories of Leeson Ah Mau dropping the ball in the final minutes of the 2018 final against Souffs. Only we can do such dumb stuff.
Still amazed we hung on. Another minute or two and we would have cracked.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
My second son was a newborn during that last win back in '99.
2 weeks later poor guy was then bouncing away in his bassinet at my feet oblivious to my bleak change in mood during the 2nd half of the GF. Poor guy shared my lowest football memory and then went on to support the same team.
Have I ever mentioned how much I despise those inbred purple soulless cheats?
My son texted me on Saturday night reminding me it was the first time in his life of being a Dragons fan that we have beaten them in Melbourne, he has his own son now who didn't have to wait quite so long.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I see that old ‘ have - a - whine ‘ Bellamy was most gracious in defeat , blaming the loss entirely upon the errors and mistakes that his charges made and not the grand efforts of the Dragons .

Give credit where credit is due Craig , quite simply your mob of cheats and thugs were beaten by a better side on the night - and in your own backyard ! 😳
Totally agree Gareth- obviously a great coach but a pretty abominable human being when it comes to graciousness and even the simple things such as behaviour in the coach's box when he knows the world is watching. you don't have to be able to lip read with the bloke and every time something doesn't go his way he's out of his seat, gesticulating and spitting venom and then out of the box. Some people call this "passion"- and therefore forgiveable. I don't. A great example to young people-not.

If I was an NRL player (I wish), that would be enough to dissuade me from wanting to play under him. Someone like the calm Bennett or Ciraldo is who I'd be drawn to.

Hand up Red V. were you feeling like I was after the 1st set from the kick off when Hunt fell off Munster and they made that break. Then 10 mins later Grant scored that try. Lawrie starting
I was thinking Sheesshh :D
I was like you, specially with our strongest defender Jack be Belin not starting. That baffled me.

BLM01

First Grade
I was like you, specially with our strongest defender Jack be Belin not starting. That baffled me.
No that decision I have been a big supporter of
JDB kills it when comes on after the initial 20 all this year
Then another small break in the 2nd half then be there when the whips are cracking when we need to cover for tired middles
He is our best for that

Illusion

Bench
Ben has admitted that his games have not been great particularly his kicking game. I am sure that he has discussed this with Flanno and he has probably trained harder last week to not only improve his kicking but improving other things as well. Flanno's and Young's game plan for Saturday's game would have been with Hunt's "changes" being at the forefront.

Hopefully Hunt now realises what he is able to do and what he should have been doing and the team will continue to be inspired by this.

This could result in his contract being extended!!??
Hunt played better because Flanno and Jack D. played a lot of first receiver so when Hunt got the ball he was already in motion and played what was in front of him ........

Gareth67

First Grade
Totally agree Gareth- obviously a great coach but a pretty abominable human being when it comes to graciousness and even the simple things such as behaviour in the coach's box when he knows the world is watching. you don't have to be able to lip read with the bloke and every time something doesn't go his way he's out of his seat, gesticulating and spitting venom and then out of the box. Some people call this "passion"- and therefore forgiveable. I don't. A great example to young people-not.

If I was an NRL player (I wish), that would be enough to dissuade me from wanting to play under him. Someone like the calm Bennett or Ciraldo is who I'd be drawn to.

Just so red&white4evr , he is not exactly the pin-up that the coaches monthly journal would have on its cover ! 😳

Remember the days of old when the respective coaches would attend matches in their clubs attire - jacket and tie ?

All the shouting and verbal abuse would take place only in the dressing rooms , certainly as you have pointed out not in front of the crowd at the match and a live television audience .

Slippery Morris

First Grade
What a fantastic win by the Dragons. One I did not see coming. So proud of the boys. Was Flanno crying in the box at the end? If not it looked it.

The boys showed that when they are on can beat anyone. A full strength storm at home is the toughest game and that boys came out firing from minute 1 to 80. With Storm you need to go 81 mins to be safe.

All the boys played well but the standouts were Hunt, Sua', JDB, Sloan and Liddle. I really hope this game gives the boys the belief to bring into all games that they really can beat anyone if they are focussed. The game plan was really good with early switches left and right to open up the middle to run through. Something they have not done before I feel.

My only gripe with this game is how NAS stayed on the field after his high shot on FMolo. That was at least a sin bin but ended up on report. After seeing Olam sent off you would think that would be a sin bin for sure. The Storm scored shortly after which made it more annoying. But credit to the boys, after the bad call they still continued to play well. It Would have made the game more interesting if Saints had a 10 minute period against 12 men.

There is a good chance Saints can finish on 30 pts and not make finals. How sad is that. The for and against will come to bite I feel but that will be a lesson to learn for 2025. Hopefully players from other clubs will start looking at Saints now as a team that is well coached and jump at the chance to join after that performance. If this form continues under Flanno, Saints recruitment will become so much easier for sure. Buzz's article will also help maybe stir some interest for players on the outer.

Latest posts