What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs. Canberra Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
3. Glenn
2. McCullough
1. McGuire

Don't even know what to say really. Changes were good but not enough of them and clearly Wallace's form is impacting the side.

Civo was also rubbish. That hurts to say, but he really was.

Just got to ride this disappointment out while the boys plan their Mad Monday.

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
This is f**ked. Just absolutely f**ked. You have to think our season is over with our run home. No way are we gonna beat the Bulldogs or Storm.

I don't even know where to put myself.

Chainshada

Juniors
I felt ashamed to be a Broncos supporter when they decided to play touch footy on the 5th inside our own half.

Hunt was good, he screwed up a few times, but give him a full pre-season and trials locked in as halfback (Wallace to 6) and he'll have a great season. 100% agree that our forwards are just not up to it, other than McGuire they had nothing.

3. McCullough
2. Glenn
1. McGuire

diddi kong

Juniors
Wallace at 6 is the worst solution I've heard. Wallace has no speed, no vision, no strength and is proving to have the worst dummy in the game. His kicking today was pathetic and I dont think he found the ground once. I would love someone to justify why Wallace at 6 is better than Norman.

3. Glenn
2. McGuire
1. Hunt

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
5 - Glenn
1- Hunt

No one else really looked like they were trying, Hunt was playing to impress and Glenn is possibly one of the hardest working barckrowers in the game and would never give up. Shit performance, too many silly errors, not getting a kick away, getting forced back 20 on the last, not finding touch, not playing the ball properly. Too many silly errors that need to be stamped out.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Ineffective tackling and uninspiring attack has been joined with rookie errors... fun times.

3. Glenn
3. Reed

Broncos fan!

Juniors
3. Glenn - He is truely inspiring at the moment. One of the few that is actually trying or making an impact. Thaiday could take a few notes from him.
2.Macca - Thought he was very sharp out of dummy half, made heaps of metres from scoots and was great in defence making over 50 tackles. Let him play the 80 from now on.
1.McGuire - One of the few that have been good in our form slump.

Honorable mention to Reed and Maranta. Reed gave us something we have been lacking while he was injured. Breaking tackles and offloading for that try.

I'd like to see a halves pairing of Hunt and Norman. Although Hunt can kind of be rocks or diamonds at times, but atleast he can create something so it is worth the risk. I think a lot of people are forgetting some of the shocking kicks he can produce. It's almost as if it takes him a few kicks to find his sweet spot but hopefully with more experience he will work that out of his game.

Thaiday has proved to be the wrong decision as captain IMO. I honestly thought it would make him stand up and play better than his 2011 season but he is in pretty shocking form this year and is hardly inspiring the team at all. Although I have a gut feeling that giving him the captaincy could have been used as an incentive in his re-signing last year(correct me if im wrong).

Maranta is a great player, i really like him. He puts in 100% and all he wants to do is play footy. Towards the end of the game when there was a bit of a scuffle he tried running through the middle of it trying to jump on the ball when everyone else was grabbing him like he ran in to fight but he was just playing to the whistle which is great to see.

There is one other thing that I would like to touch on. I have always been a massive fan of Hoffman, but with the lack of creativity in our halves his lack of play making skill has become very very noticeable. He has absolutely no clue what to do when he receives the ball in an attacking opportunity, he just hops around and takes a tackle killing any opportunity. There is no doubt that he is safe as a house at the back, gives 100% and he does take a few knocks each game. But the more I see us play this year the more I think we need a different option at fullback if we want to call us any chance of going far in the finals. Beale is obviously the preferred option as he has been in good form this year, but I was wondering how does Maranta go at fullback? Obviously he is going great on the wing and I would hate to move him, but he tries so hard and it is showing.

renouf

Juniors
This is a cynical view (hah), but in reality it's just another one of those seasons where we fall away at the end. I think Origin is to blame this year, we've clearly suffered with injuries and whatever we were doing at the beginning of the year is no longer reproducible. All the other sides have continued to do their things well, while we've dropped off. It's all on again next year, but we need a change of luck, we've had a pretty ordinary 5-6 years with that.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Thought we had half a chance there. Canberra hardly put a foot wrong in the first half with an 18 out of 20 completion rate. For our side Alex Glenn looked very strong along with Reed who really made a difference. We had a bit more depth which was great but Wallace and Co didn't rise to the occasion unfortunately? Running backwards trying to get a kick away on the 5th totally embarrassing and Petro seems to be going from bad to worse? I don't understand why McGuire isn't out there for the full 80 and Dodds is looking promising as well.

Griffin is starting to come across looking too soft with a lot of poor out of form players? Wallace/Civo at least should be sidelined for a couple of games but can't see that happening with the trial by fire matches looming.

3. Glenn
2. McGuire
1. Reed

Maranta and McCullough just miss out

Latest posts