What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 Game Day Thread: Eels v Knights

PARRA_FAN

Coach
10-12 halftime, game was there to be won but then we do 10 stooped errors in the 2nd half. More than 120 tackles than then for the game and some stoopid ref calls ( that pass off the ground is gonna open up some worms) we were destined to lose this one.

Worrying thing for me did we peak already last few weeks? And now we can't sustain that energy and discipline?

A good decent thumping to the Titans and an impressive performance vs the Broncos (win or lose) will put us back on track

I was a little confident at half time, cause I knew that Parra had the slow starts before and went on to win. They had a lot of possession leading into half time and didn't play that bad.

Unfortunately after half time it all changed with silly handling errors and poor decision making.

The refereeing didn't help. That Perenera should be dropped.

It was simply a poor attitude the other night. Every game in the NRL needs to be taken seriously, no matter if the opposition is 1st of 16th, they need to prepare every week.

I don't know what is when we play Newcastle but we seem to play so bad, even if we end up winning.

I hope they can forget about this one and prepare for the Titans but it worries me that this is another game where they think its going to be easy cause all the talk has been how poor the Titans have been and Jarryd Hayne isn't happy.

T.S Quint

Coach
Well, this one was one hell of a shit show.
No energy.
No enthusiasm.
No ball control.
No respect for the opposition.

Just a real balls-up. This team has no killer instinct. So disappointing after the last few weeks.

Hope they get things right for next game.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Great timing, too - we get to play a Titans team missing Hayne, who have conceded nearly 100 points in two weeks...

We're boned.

strider

Post Whore
Well, this one was one hell of a shit show.
No energy.
No enthusiasm.
No ball control.
No respect for the opposition.

Just a real balls-up. This team has no killer instinct. So disappointing after the last few weeks.

Hope they get things right for next game.
Great delayed reaction

Chipmunk

Coach
No team has been harder hit by unavailable players than us. Our first choice dummy half has missed the entire season FFS.

The current avalable players had no problem in beating Brisbane, a clearly Top 4 team, it should have no problems in beating the team running last, but it couldnt.

Those injured players are f**k all in the grand scheme of things and its just a weak excuse used by the mentally weak. They should just get the job done.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The current avalable players had no problem in beating Brisbane, a clearly Top 4 team, it should have no problems in beating the team running last, but it couldnt.
Just goes to show every game's different hey? In the grand scheme of the season, both games are worth as much as each other, and together account for just over 8% of our regular season.
Those injured players are f**k all in the grand scheme of things and its just a weak excuse used by the mentally weak. They should just get the job done.
Well they have been. We are sitting in 5th spot. Where did you tip us to finish, both before and after the signing of Moses? Are we underperforming, in your opinion?

Chipmunk

Coach
Just goes to show every game's different hey? In the grand scheme of the season, both games are worth as much as each other, and together account for just over 8% of our regular season.

Well they have been. We are sitting in 5th spot. Where did you tip us to finish, both before and after the signing of Moses? Are we underperforming, in your opinion?

I had us finishing 7th, so we're performing around about as well as i would've thought. With 3 games to go we could finish the same, better or lower, but from here finishing 7th would be disappointing.

T.S Quint

Coach
Great delayed reaction

Haha, I was away for the weekend, and while I did get to watch the game live, I wasn't able to find time to post my thoughts until now. Still catching up on all the threads. The non-footy chat thread has taken me ages to get through.

hindy111

Post Whore
Even if we finish in the top four we're not a top four side. If we finish in the top four it means there were fewer than four top four sides and we managed to jag a spot because somebody had to. I think Melbourne and the Roosters and maybe the Broncos are the only top four sides in this year's comp. So at least one spot is up for grabs by the top eight sides (of which we are one).

Cowboys without injuries would of been the other. While Sharks just dont seem to have it they may fire up in finals.

There is about same difference between the top 3 clubs as there is between the next 5 and the bottom few teams. On their day all can win. Comps not that strong.

hindy111

Post Whore
We beat the Storm without their Origin players...lets not exagerate a lucky situation.

Perhaps we're actually in the position we are of probably going to make the Top 8 because in reality we got lucky by just playing the Storm when we did and played the Cowboys in Townsville without 3/4 of their Top 17 spine. We also only had to play the Top 4 teams in total of 5 games, where others have met them as many as 7 times. Plus we played three games prior to the Origin period with no players missing.

We should face reality, we are where we are due to a favourable drew...little else.

But we only had Moses mid season and Norman,French missed games.

If we beat knights by 40 I like many would of started to get excited. I assumed we where evolving and gelling as a football team.

But we took 2 steps back.

lingard

Coach
But we only had Moses mid season and Norman,French missed games.

If we beat knights by 40 I like many would of started to get excited. I assumed we where evolving and gelling as a football team.

But we took 2 steps back.

I think the win against the Broncos was as good as we get this year - and probably an over-achievment. We aren't really a top four side. We're probably a 6th, 7th, or 8th position side this year. But, hey - considering we've had so many changes in the halves; we're down to our third choice (4th choice?) hooker; we've had changes at fullback; injuries to Norman; Gutherson out; Jennings out for an extended period; and Beau Scott out - that's pretty good, I reckon. We'll be better next year when Cooper Cronk comes on board.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think the win against the Broncos was as good as we get this year - and probably an over-achievment. We aren't really a top four side. We're probably a 6th, 7th, or 8th position side this year. But, hey - considering we've had so many changes in the halves; we're down to our third choice (4th choice?) hooker; we've had changes at fullback; injuries to Norman; Gutherson out; Jennings out for an extended period; and Beau Scott out - that's pretty good, I reckon. We'll be better next year when Cooper Cronk comes on board.

I still think we are capable of clicking and if in finals guys like Jennings,French,Semi,Moses and Norman hit purple patches we can take it out. There is enough freakish players

Eelogical

Referee
I still think we are capable of clicking and if in finals guys like Jennings,French,Semi,Moses and Norman hit purple patches we can take it out. There is enough freakish players
At this point I'd take a green patch over last weekends brown patch any day.

Eelogical

Referee
It would require Bevan and Semi to both do something freakish and Norman and Moses to have their better games.

6fc17a0e52c4e54a676a8d41a3e7ad40.gif