What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v Eels

Iamback

Coach
But your track record makes you the Rhyno of the Panthers forum. When someone2 picks against us I am alway confident we will prevail. Similarly when you write off a player you can almost start measuring them for an Origin jumper then and there….

I know you live overseas but in the local paper over here. Turuva again last week was honest about him and Tago's issues.

Said they met up outside of training to try and get on the same page.

So it shows that the player himself knows he is struggling, So that would make comments about Tago's form valid

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I know you live overseas but in the local paper over here. Turuva again last week was honest about him and Tago's issues.

So it shows that the player himself knows he is struggling, So that would make comments about Tago's form valid
The wilful ignorance of how bad Tago is going is a really strange phenomenon.

Fangs

Coach

They're divorced now anyway opposite sides of the field.

Turuva needs a coffee with McClean. Then a quick beer with Alamoti before going to Kepaoa's place for a BBQ.

betcats

Referee
The wilful ignorance of how bad Tago is going is a really strange phenomenon.

Bro most people admit he’s got some defensive issues but you just take it to a ridiculous level and are super repetitive with it, it’s boring abd annoying hence people argue with you because they’re sick of your broken record commentary.

You’re also will fully ignorant of anything good he does. You just make excuses like it’s cause of cleary or who is defending him and go back to the same old comments.

Go back to when that story about his refusing to get an opp and you’ve been off him ever since it’s the definition of death riding.

Where is the hate for Turuva who has been just as bad defensively?

Iamback

Coach
They're divorced now anyway opposite sides of the field.

Turuva needs a coffee with McClean. Then a quick beer with Alamoti before going to Kepaoa's place for a BBQ.

I think Turuva's mind is elsewhere. He is defending like he has a Tigers jersey already on.

As for Tago, who knows but plenty of guys in history have fallen off a cliff performance wise.

We have had plenty of rookie of years across the League just fade out of the League.

Not saying that will happen with Tago but it does happen guys falling away.

Hopefully the calendar ticks to September and a few guys find something. Atleast Moses has history of turning it on for the big games...

age.s

First Grade
People's opinions on Tago are more reflective of people's opinions of chins as a poster at this point.

Iamback

Coach
Bro most people admit he’s got some defensive issues but you just take it to a ridiculous level and are super repetitive with it, it’s boring abd annoying hence people argue with you because they’re sick of your broken record commentary.

You’re also will fully ignorant of anything good he does. You just make excuses like it’s cause of cleary or who is defending him and go back to the same old comments.

Go back to when that story about his refusing to get an opp and you’ve been off him ever since it’s the definition of death riding.

Turuva has been bad but was dropped a couple of weeks ago and now has changed wings. So that atleast looks like that is a work in progress

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Turuva is leaving and didn't take the cash that would have kept Critter. Not really worth comparing the 2 is it?

Munky

Coach
Did Tago have surgery on his pec injury or just take an eye of newt potion?

He was freakishly powerful mid season last year and now he hits like Lee Hookey.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Turuva is leaving and didn't take the cash that would have kept Critter. Not really worth comparing the 2 is it?

Critta signed with dogs in 2022 and we paid Tago before round 2 this year.

Anyway that’s a rubbish excuse. You’re talking about performances and who is costing us in games. Not their contracts and whether they will be here next year. And Turuva leaving hasn’t stopped you talking him up to take bulas spot next year.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Critta signed with dogs in 2022 and we paid Tago before round 2 this year.

Anyway that’s a rubbish excuse. You’re talking about performances and who is costing us in games. Not their contracts and whether they will be here next year. And Turuva leaving hasn’t stopped you talking him up to take bulas spot next year.
Yes because he's a fullback and not a winger.

The club valued Tago and May over Critta. They have made many good calls in the last 5 years but this was will look worse and worse into the future.

Fangs

Coach
I think Turuva's mind is elsewhere. He is defending like he has a Tigers jersey already on.

As for Tago, who knows but plenty of guys in history have fallen off a cliff performance wise.

We have had plenty of rookie of years across the League just fade out of the League.

Not saying that will happen with Tago but it does happen guys falling away.

Hopefully the calendar ticks to September and a few guys find something. Atleast Moses has history of turning it on for the big games...

I'm less concerned about Tago because at full strength he has Martin and Cleary inside him. Plus we moved To'o back to the right. It's become our stronger edge despite its issues.

The left isn't settled. We have an 18 year old centre. Next up a 20 year old with 30 games in Alamoti. Kepaoa is 24 and more experienced but has never played with any of these guys. Turuva dropped twice this year and has moved to the opposite side of the field.

If I'm the opposition I target that side. Inexperience in every option and haven't had much time to build rapport with each other.

betcats

Referee
Yes because he's a fullback and not a winger.

The club valued Tago and May over Critta. They have made many good calls in the last 5 years but this was will look worse and worse into the future.

Yes everyone would rather have critta than Tago right now, no one’s being ignorant about that and it’s not where your constant bagging of Tago is coming from. And be honest what were you saying about Crittas value when he left? Not now in hindsight but when he signed with dogs.

Iamback

Coach
I'm less concerned about Tago because at full strength he has Martin and Cleary inside him. Plus we moved To'o back to the right. It's become our stronger edge despite its issues.

The left isn't settled. We have an 18 year old centre. Next up a 20 year old with 30 games in Alamoti. Kepaoa is 24 and more experienced but has never played with any of these guys. Turuva dropped twice this year and has moved to the opposite side of the field.

If I'm the opposition I target that side. Inexperience in every option and haven't had much time to build rapport with each other.

In the GF the right side was carved up. A bum like Talau even scored 4 tries in a game against the right.

Throw it that most players can pass better to their left. Souths are the only exception that the right attack is better.

That is why having a strong right side matters.

This graph shows it perfectly as to the split of tries conceded

Attachments

• IMG_2929.png
    IMG_2929.png
    344.1 KB · Views: 2

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Yes everyone would rather have critta than Tago right now, no one’s being ignorant about that and it’s not where your constant bagging of Tago is coming from. And be honest what were you saying about Crittas value when he left? Not now in hindsight but when he signed with dogs.
The bagging of Tago is because he's one of the worst defenders in the NRL and Ivan hasn't made a single move to fix the issue. Turuva dropped and moved. Yet Tago just dishes up the same shit every week and hasn't shown a single sign of improvement in defence in over a YEAR now

Fangs

Coach
In the GF the right side was carved up. A bum like Talau even scored 4 tries in a game against the right.

Throw it that most players can pass better to their left. Souths are the only exception that the right attack is better.

That is why having a strong right side matters.

This graph shows it perfectly as to the split of tries conceded

I know the right gets more traffic and yes in the GF it was Mam and Walsh who took advantage.

I'm saying the right is as good as it will get in 2024. Barring injury it's settled who will play there. Not above criticism but not needing to change either.

The other edge has question marks on both centre and wing. It's not that our options our bad, I just don't think we know our best lineup. It's probably Turuva + 1 but the fact he was dropped/moved just heightens my scrutiny.

Iamback

Coach
I know the right gets more traffic and yes in the GF it was Mam and Walsh who took advantage.

I'm saying the right is as good as it will get in 2024. Barring injury it's settled who will play there. Not above criticism but not needing to change either.

The other edge has question marks on both centre and wing. It's not that our options our bad, I just don't think we know our best lineup. It's probably Turuva + 1 but the fact he was dropped/moved just heightens my scrutiny.

Someone mentioned the pec injury to Tago.

The Prelim he had another horrible attempt on Olam for Storm's only try

Then the GF disgrace - which to be fair to Tago wasn't all on him.

Now this year. The numbers are above that is with Martin playing most of the year.

As opposed to the left that started with May at centre. Has had Alamoti and now McLean.

The left edge of either Garner and Sorro can't seem to stay on the field

So the left has been the unsettled side but aren't conceding at the same rate of the more settled side, That is the issue for me.