What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 V Souths

Vicpanther

Juniors
Was the ref really one sided to us. I must admit I didn't notice because of how fast the fame was.
But people going off in insta.

mxlegend99

Referee
Cleary is un f**king believable. One shoulder and he's still the best half in the game. Can see his confidence growing... But i hope it doesnt grow too much. He needs to be hesitant with that shoulder.

Luai and Burton were nearly invisible tonight. Momo was the best 5/8th on the field from the wing. But ultimately none of these games matter. Win. Lose. We're in same position in 3 weeks.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Was the ref really one sided to us. I must admit I didn't notice because of how fast the fame was.

We had the rub of the green, to be sure, but I don't think there was anything too egregious and we were the better side. But if the exact same calls had gone against us, there would have been a sea of tears and tantrums in here from the resident whiners.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well instead of 6 agains he was giving penalties..but isolated everyone of them seemed reasonable.

I can imagine if we got smashed in penalties like that being angry. But i cant think of any wrong decisions really.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Cleary is un f**king believable. One shoulder and he's still the best half in the game. Can see his confidence growing... But i hope it doesnt grow too much. He needs to be hesitant with that shoulder.

Luai and Burton were nearly invisible tonight. Momo was the best 5/8th on the field from the wing. But ultimately none of these games matter. Win. Lose. We're in same position in 3 weeks.

Luai did nothing tonight. Imagine if we played with two halves.

chrisD

Coach
Cleary was average in the first half and his usual self in the second. That’s the difference between the first and second as far as I could see.

I think there’s a massive difference rucking it out of our own end when it’s Naden, Burton, Momo, Sorensen/Kenny to what it will be at full strength. Sorensen tried his ass off for us but I don’t think he’s good enough in finals like contact. We sucked bringing it out of our own end but I think we’ll be alright by finals.

We were short wide for numbers a whole heap. Just has to improve, more dominant tackling in the middle and pushing out.

betcats

Referee
Tonight was i think Critters best game of the year and his best display at fullback. He had some poor efforts early on. But he has warmed into ittjis year.

Sadly he's our best right centre too

Dyl will be fullback next week and for the rest of year if fit but we saw what a confident critta can do at fullback tonight against a very good team. He is still only 20 so he’s probably going to get his chance to be the first choice fullback at some point in the future and I think he has the potential to be up there with the best, you can see he is starting to work out his running game now and he’s always been very skilled. Give him a full year at full back next year or 2023 and he will be something special.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
What I learned tonight: we don't miss Tyrone May or Charlie Staines at all.

(Actually, I didn't learn that from this game, but I believe it to be true)

kinghippo

Juniors
Reynolds really had us on the back foot early with some good kicking, Nathan got better and better with his kicking throughout the game.
Kikau was really good off the bench, tpj solid and momo really showed some potential on the wing.
I really thought south's were grubby lots of facials and slowing the ruck. Latrell and Cody disappear as soon as the game becomes tough.
Fish will make a big difference to our starts when he is back.