What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 V Souths

betcats

Referee
IMO nothing arsey about application if it's done deliberately well, as both of those tries could have been knocked on in the process.

Yep that’s fair, you gotta risk it to get the biscuit as they say and momo was brave enough to chance the kicks and we were good enough to finish them off.

BxTom

Bench
Reynolds really had us on the back foot early with some good kicking, Nathan got better and better with his kicking throughout the game.
Kikau was really good off the bench, tpj solid and momo really showed some potential on the wing.
I really thought south's were grubby lots of facials and slowing the ruck. Latrell and Cody disappear as soon as the game becomes tough.
Fish will make a big difference to our starts when he is back.
TPJ will get better when he learns to run off Cleary, Yeo and Api etc, give him another week or two.

The Realist

Juniors
Leota and Eisenhuth plodded pretty hard.

They get gang tackled because there is no elusiveness in their games.

Rush Yeo and we have an overlap.
Eisenhuth yes, he was Plod throughout. Leota’s first few hit ups were okay but then our entire team faded.

His second stint I don’t know what you are talking about. Had some Great runs and was constantly poking his head through the line getting quick PTB’s.

He does have some good footwork if you watch him closely.

BxTom

Bench
I thought he did well under the circumstances. Some team video watching of this game during the week, and he'll get a more clearer perspective of what he needs to improve or work on.
I think that people are forgetting that not only does he have to handle the personal drama (which would be hard) but I believe that he hasn't played since the 15th round - 8 weeks.

Girds89

Bench
Pretty good game.

I actually though souths were lucky not to give away more penalties. The ruck was very slow. And edwards was stripped for first try.

Critta did very well at th back..it was nice to just see him run it at full tilt for once and none of this jinking weaving crap. Been hoping and saying on here he needs to run like that for months. Hopefully he can take that mindset back to the wing or centre for rest of the year.

Thought momo amd naden both did really good on the wings. Momos been really good last 2 weeks.

Luai was quite but wasnt poor. Just not much opened up for him.

Cleary was brilliant. No suprises there.

Thought our pack really really didnt stand up in the first 30. Has been the story all year for leota. Looks brilliant when we are on top but goes mia when the going is tough. He needs to be better from the start and roll up his sleeves when our backs are against the wall.

Id say the same about eiso but he wont be there when jfh is back.

Kiks in the 2nd 40 was brilliant.

Really hope ivan isnt just planning to use tpj as a battering ram. Hes capable of soo much more than being locked inti that role. Hopefully we get to see him out a bit wider in the coming weeks.

All round good performance.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Pretty good game.

I actually though souths were lucky not to give away more penalties. The ruck was very slow. And edwards was stripped for first try.

Critta did very well at th back..it was nice to just see him run it at full tilt for once and none of this jinking weaving crap. Been hoping and saying on here he needs to run like that for months. Hopefully he can take that mindset back to the wing or centre for rest of the year.

Thought momo amd naden both did really good on the wings. Momos been really good last 2 weeks.

Luai was quite but wasnt poor. Just not much opened up for him.

Cleary was brilliant. No suprises there.

Thought our pack really really didnt stand up in the first 30. Has been the story all year for leota. Looks brilliant when we are on top but goes mia when the going is tough. He needs to be better from the start and roll up his sleeves when our backs are against the wall.

Id say the same about eiso but he wont be there when jfh is back.

Kiks in the 2nd 40 was brilliant.

Really hope ivan isnt just planning to use tpj as a battering ram. Hes capable of soo much more than being locked inti that role. Hopefully we get to see him out a bit wider in the coming weeks.

All round good performance.
Not trying to flog a dead horse but an origin half can't sit back and wait for things to "open up for him"

franklin2323

Immortal
Why get ahead of ourselves. We were the better team tonight. Won’t mean Jack shit in three weeks time. Entirely different game, who knows what will unfold.

What are we 4 straight v them. Cleary has lost 2 games in 2 seasons. We dominated the 12 rounds now getting guys back. Why would we not get back there

maple_69

Bench
Weird call on Leota when his pass created the 3rd try. I don’t think he’s blown the doors off as a starter but he’s solid, particularly next to Fish.

I thought Sorenson turned the game tonight. He came on and started getting us on the front foot before we took the momentum and laid on a new rippers.

Great hit out, very mature performance to keep their heads and work back into it. Fish and To’o should tilt the game board. I also think Kik starting is a necessity. His physical dominance and threat early on helps gain ascendancy, we just need to give him a 25 mins break.

Noce to see a really composed a slick performance from Critta at the back. He’s got better every game he’s played back there.

Props to Momo for a good game on the wing. Would not be opposed to him getting a crack on the wing next year despite my feelings of him at centre.

franklin2323

Immortal
It was mentioned on Fox that the Panthers planned to play defensive early in the game. That's why Kicks and TPJ were on the bench. So once the heat had come out of the Souths pack then we would surge over them.

Worked tonight but look at Burton's 1st try v Roosters. That is what Kikau brings to the table and you get very few chances in the big games so need to take them early.

Martin and Sorensen should be bench props. TPJ can play prop but a like for like to give Kiks a break

Girds89

Bench
Weird call on Leota when his pass created the 3rd try. I don’t think he’s blown the doors off as a starter but he’s solid, particularly next to Fish.

I thought Sorenson turned the game tonight. He came on and started getting us on the front foot before we took the momentum and laid on a new rippers.

Great hit out, very mature performance to keep their heads and work back into it. Fish and To’o should tilt the game board. I also think Kik starting is a necessity. His physical dominance and threat early on helps gain ascendancy, we just need to give him a 25 mins break.

Noce to see a really composed a slick performance from Critta at the back. He’s got better every game he’s played back there.

Props to Momo for a good game on the wing. Would not be opposed to him getting a crack on the wing next year despite my feelings of him at centre.
Couldnt agree more re sorensen.

He was our best player behind cleary imo. Really changed the momentum strong hit ups.

3. Cleary
2. Sorensen
1. Critta

franklin2323

Immortal
Its often been the story all year with him and cleary mate.

When ckearys on, luai lets him do his thing.

Vice versa, when this are happening for luai cleary just lets him do his things and play 2nd fiddle.

I have complete faith in luai.

That is it. He did nice for the Naden try but it was a grinding game. Looked greasy on the ground prob why Walker looked like a passenger too

Girds89

Bench
That is it. He did nice for the Naden try but it was a grinding game. Looked greasy on the ground prob why Walker looked like a passenger too
Its a real concern how bad a shape suncorps in.

Way to much footy has been played there.

Hoping no one gets injured because the ground was rubbish tonight and has been for weeks

franklin2323

Immortal
Its a real concern how bad a shape suncorps in.

Way to much footy has been played there.

Hoping no one gets injured because the ground was rubbish tonight and has been for weeks

That too is a good point. Hasn't been a good hunting ground for us points wise over the last few years. The surface more so finally a new venue and day game next week

The Realist

Juniors
Not trying to flog a dead horse but an origin half can't sit back and wait for things to "open up for him"

To be fair to Luai, South’s did a great job on him, jamming him up and working him over. Campbell Graham did an excellent job on him and that entire edge. He is one of the very best defensive centres in the world. He shut down the play where Burton offloaded into touch toward Naden and also stopped Kikau dead numerous times.

Similarly we did a very good job at keeping Walker quiet as well and to a lesser extent Latrell.

Smug Panther

First Grade
To be fair to Luai, South’s did a great job on him, jamming him up and working him over. Campbell Graham did an excellent job on him and that entire edge. He is one of the very best defensive centres in the world. He shut down the play where Burton offloaded into touch toward Naden and also stopped Kikau dead numerous times.

Similarly we did a very good job at keeping Walker quiet as well and to a lesser extent Latrell.
Did Walker play? :)

age.s

First Grade
Great game, particularly enjoyable to win a physical one like that. They grubbed it up all night and we worked our way into the game and suffocated them.

Highlights were those grubs, Latrell raising his hands at his team mates for bombs he wasn't getting anywhere near and Walker going from invisible to embarrassing.

Best game I've seen Critta play at fullback, he was immense. Will be very interesting to see what happens if Edwards misses a few weeks.

Latest posts