What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v The Bloody Bulldogs

KingFlanno7

Juniors
Flanno Jnr has not played well tonight, but the comments about him are over the top. The disappointment started with the first Hunt intercept try to Burton and it went pretty much all downhill from there. All the names mentioned have been poor tonight, but to lump it all on Kyle is wrong. You would sack the whole team on tonight's performance, but we can't do that. I guess Hunt will once again admit that his kicking game was poor tonight, but I just want him to fix it up, not apologise for it. Very disappointing night.
Uncle flanno saving face? He is terrible

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Speed for us is a massive issue. Look at manly today, they were nothing special but just burnt Canberra on the edges with raw speed . But back to flanno he has been fantastic.
I love he has a crack? If we had a better half or 5/8 he will be an awesome 14 or left field idea lock like a radley or cam murray
We are a very slow side. Power game is all good but our spine, other than Sloan is pedestrian. Lids gets gassed from 80minutes so we don’t see him run enough for mine. Have to find/ buy some fast players from somewhere. Think we have to try some speed off the bench. Dogs had that tonight, Storm use Wishart or Paps understudy, Rorters have Watson

Dea

Juniors
We didn’t play well tonight. Difference between a team fighting for top 4 and us, who are overachieving to be in the hunt for the 8. Our attack is lacking. We don’t pressure the teams, build pressure or look like we might score. Our 7 and 6 did poorly tonight. The rest of the backline don’t cause any concern for the opposition except for Sloan and his speed.
On the positive, across the season the signs are there that Flanno can do something with the right players. we have more wins that I expected and tonight was a taste of reality. Hopefully we can get the right players in the right positions and properly contend.

56to66

Juniors
St Tangles said:
I go Into this weekend without any confidence

How many times have we had a big game to play against the Dogs and we don't show up

I hate the Dogs
The team has had a habit of pulling the pants down, on a number of occasions the season, like last week, however every big game on the line, they have crumbled.
The Anzac Game and the Packed Win STD against Panthers, were games they just capitulated, games I expected a lot better, this is another game I expect a close fight, with a Ben Hunt winning field goal.
Dogs 32
Dargons 14
Sorry people I was correct with the margin!

Last edited:
I hate losing. It f**king sucks dogs balls, much like Saints did tonight.
I'm so pissed off.
We are losers.

Years and years of such a poor win rate is getting the better of me.

Watching other clubs build up strong and us fans are seemingly undeserving and our management back to the hilt players we can see straight through. Our team have done better under Flanagan, clearly, but given the calibre of player we have that whole thing has a shelf life. Expiring before it even looks appetising.

Nothing suggests we will be more competitive next year.

I'm with you. Enough of this losing crap. If we are 'heading in the right direction' then win games like the one tonight.

TheRev

First Grade
Pretty good game, we turned up to play, just couldn’t execute. Dogs are a much better team than us, they have more gears, more speed, better discipline, better defence.
We will be back, should be in the game against Titans and Raiders, Sharks and Parra will be too good for us however.
Potentially 2 more wins still.
This is a good summary, it was good practice for big games.. shame it took us so long to settle down.. if we hadnt given them such a big buffer its a different game..

But ultimately although our pack is better than theirs.. we can out muscle them.. they just kick it 20m instead.. and unfortunately they tonnes of points in them which was the main issue, even though we defended well for the most part.

It ultimately showed the different in skill level in key positions for us... thats why im rly keen to but a fringe 7 in the off-season to get some pressure on these 2 and give us some options.

Dragon David

First Grade
Just got to admit that the Bulldogs are the real deal this year and even better next year. Ciraldo and Gould are a good team and know what they want and know how to do things. While Ciraldo had been an assistant and just became a head coach last year, he has learnt a lot on how Penrith do things and players like Kikau, Burton and Chrichton are just an extension at the Dogs. Like they have the skills and the experience of playing in finals type football.

I don't like them but I must admit, they are good this year and will be hard to beat come finals time.

We on the other hand are just plodders at best. Up and down, win some, lose some. Cannot put two good games together because they really aren't that terrific players and our coaches just cannot set the right plan for teams like the Dogs etc.

We might win a couple more games but won't matter. If we do in fact make the finals , it will be hard for us to go further but we have improved a lot this year. Players - we do need better ones that is for sure. We need speedsters. I keep saying. With speed you have more chances of competing good each week. We need smart players and not dumb clucks.

Hunt seems to get overawed in these games after a good win the previous week.

They are a team really hard to watch and it pisses me off that the Dogs beat us again. Bastards.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
We are losers.

Years and years of such a poor win rate is getting the better of me.

Watching other clubs build up strong and us fans are seemingly undeserving and our management back to the hilt players we can see straight through. Our team have done better under Flanagan, clearly, but given the calibre of player we have that whole thing has a shelf life. Expiring before it even looks appetising.

Nothing suggests we will be more competitive next year.

I'm with you. Enough of this losing crap. If we are 'heading in the right direction' then win games like the one tonight.
I hear ya. At least I’ve seen them win a gf. If I hadn’t, I think I would’ve given up already

KingFlanno7

Juniors
KFlan gets paid like a backup half or 14 and most often plays like a backup half or 14.

Hunt gets paid like an elite 7 and most often plays like a backup half or 14.

KFlan may not be the next immortal but he's also not the cause of our issues.
He plays like a reserve grader, he is bog average and doesnt help the team at all. Plays victim as you are stating, he is protected to some. Not the real fan, only the pretenders. Flanno jr has done fk all