What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v The Bloody Bulldogs

KingFlanno7

Juniors
Flanno Jr was lying on his back having been tackled. Crichton is on top and pushed his face down into Flannos, and his nose goes into his mouth. Looks bad. Crichton causes it by pushing his head and face into Flannos, but Flanno should have kept his mouth shut.
Wow, just wow.

denis preston

First Grade
Liddell, Tuipolotou & Couchman can hold their heads up tonight.
The rest didn't show up. Limp as a banana in milk.
Hopefully Hame is okay.
Fingers crossed that the Dolphins get effed up tomorrow.
PS - Ben Hunt, go fk yourself you gutless, clueless fkn shit weasel.
keyboard warrior stuff at its finest !
Not much you can say about that game really.....better team won I guess. Basically a huge defensive workout for us - 378 tackles and just 23 missed, not bad.
Errors, failure to build pressure and capitalize on it and no patience with the ball - stupid and low percentage off-loads and flick passes. Mighty effort from Liddle, 59 tackles. 1 miss and 112 receipts but left with little energy to spur our attack in the second half. Next year we'll have Cook and probably Liddle on the bench, coming on to spark the attack, looking forward to that. Hunt had a poor game, right from the start you could see he was off, him and a few others. JDB was huge, I'm glad we've got him for another year. Lawrie played like a proper real 1st grader tonight, there's a turn up.
I haven't watched the Dogs much this year, they've got a good team there but I think the Roosters, Storm and Panthers will tear them to pieces in the finals. Stephen Crichton is a level above everyone else on the park, he's amazing but I'm surprised they don't use him to better effect and have more set plays to unleash his talents, they're a very ad lib side, if they had attacking formations like the Roosters or Penrith they'd be unstoppable.
Can't be too upset with that loss, not ideal but we're still in the hunt for a top 8 spot so I'll settle for that for now.
Agree with most of this but Lawrie ? Personally contributed to one of their tries on his own .

saintmar

Juniors
I believe Flanno sr will change us for the better. That doesnt mean i am glad Flanno jr is our 6. Flanno sr makes the decisions so i dont hate him for that because at the end of the day, its his career on the line. There is nothing wrong with me saying flanno jr is an average player. You taking offence to that shows an immature man, defending a grown man on a forum where opinions matter to some..
You misunderstood me I didn’t take offence I said I AGREE with your summation
Read my first word agree
just was surprised with your username that you would say the truth
Not having a go at all
‘hopefully Flano jnr plays better next week because
king toga is nearly ready for first grade and he is a great talent
Hopefully the is no nepotism

saintmar

Juniors
Don’t agree

attack is so Hunt centric, if Flanno Jr was allowed an even split of ball he would have probably kicked rather than pass to Hunt
Very true
it looked like he was thinking of doing something else and out of fear he decided better pass to Hunt.
unfortunately passed a shocker then copped a spray on top from the guy who passed the first intercept

maestro1

Bench
I agree entirely. Add in the try from a knock on.
Agree also that it is time for Flanno to have a chat with Hunt why he wont be resigned

Wighton got 3 weeks for biting a few years ago and Kevin Proctor got 4. So you would think it will be 3 or 4 weeks. But because it was on Chrichton, the new media Golden Boy, it'll probably be more.

keyboard warrior stuff at its finest !

Agree with most of this but Lawrie ? Personally contributed to one of their tries on his own .
Mate, Hunt is the general and he's on good dollars. And yet, for all his experience, his output is variable at best, his kicking game a shadow of what Burton, Cleary, Fogarty, DCE etc can produce on a weekly basis. And it's to our detriment.
He also announced his desire to leave the club last year, while in Origin camp. I thought it was a weasel thing to do and I'm not prepared to forgive it or forget it. Sue me.
Someone else mentioned earlier that the team didn't look in sync tonight, and I totally agree. I also think the skipper has a duty to address that in a mature way, rather than sulk or throw his hands in the air.
Apologies if you think that's being a keyboard warrior. Tonight was a big game and emotions run high. For me, it was a disappointment and people who should know and do better didn't.
There's always next week. Hopefully a bounce back.

maestro1

Bench
If Eisenhuth, either Feagai, Bird and Flanagan never played for us again I would not lose a wink of sleep. The kind of players who we constantly hear do all the dirty work but are no frills. We are crying out for game breakers and we barely have one. These blokes just compound it by being bystanders who keep their place because we haven’t any depth at our club and are missing 5 plus star players.

Dreaming? Fantasy land?

Nah I am just hungry for success. Seems good enough to dream big if your dogs or roosters. Tonight showed again we have no class across the board. So sick of loading the team with almost good players.

RFM needs to go too. Please.

Any team that doesn't have the "grunts" will fail, no matter how many game breakers you have. The "grunts" are your foundations and base that then allows the superstars to shine. Your a fool if you wish to remove all your effort players.