What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v The Bloody Bulldogs

kit66

Bench
Not much you can say about that game really.....better team won I guess. Basically a huge defensive workout for us - 378 tackles and just 23 missed, not bad.
Errors, failure to build pressure and capitalize on it and no patience with the ball - stupid and low percentage off-loads and flick passes. Mighty effort from Liddle, 59 tackles. 1 miss and 112 receipts but left with little energy to spur our attack in the second half. Next year we'll have Cook and probably Liddle on the bench, coming on to spark the attack, looking forward to that. Hunt had a poor game, right from the start you could see he was off, him and a few others. JDB was huge, I'm glad we've got him for another year. Lawrie played like a proper real 1st grader tonight, there's a turn up.
I haven't watched the Dogs much this year, they've got a good team there but I think the Roosters, Storm and Panthers will tear them to pieces in the finals. Stephen Crichton is a level above everyone else on the park, he's amazing but I'm surprised they don't use him to better effect and have more set plays to unleash his talents, they're a very ad lib side, if they had attacking formations like the Roosters or Penrith they'd be unstoppable.
Can't be too upset with that loss, not ideal but we're still in the hunt for a top 8 spot so I'll settle for that for now.

56to66

Juniors
Did anybody notice that Vossy made a call of "more points for the good........bulldogs".

He nearly referred to the dogs as the good guys and then corrected himself.......

That is absolutely disgusting that the commentator cannot contain his happiness.
I have said this countless times, the envy and jealousy of St George is completely off the scales, the inbread of rugby league journalists and commentators, ran rampant in the 1970, and 80's, now the Red V is paying for it, with boring, draconius and witchery tongues, causing havoc to the Red V success.
Just imagine if the NSWRL didn't introduce the 4 tackle rule and Scumulla. I think Souffs were highly concerned of being over taken with most premierships
Fn Bullcheats, never forget 1985 and 1998, another shit club winning half the Premiership but carry on like Muppets.

Last edited:

maestro1

Bench
Kyle bit Crighton. Bye bye Kyle. Grub.

We'll miss KFlann's defence and efforts. He isn't the most talented, but gee he competes at every play. Last week he made 37 tackles with no misses and came up with a game winning play when he knocked the ball out of Harry Grant's hand.

Those expecting Kyle to be dynamic like Moses or Luis or Hughes will be disappointed and it is unfair on KFlann as he doesn't pretend that he brings that as a strength. His strength is as mentioned before, defence, efforts on efforts and competes at every play. It wasn't his fault that we lost possession on 6 occasions when we made a line break and nearly scored. Each time we didn't score and lost possession. Too many opportunities squandered.

KingFlanno7

Juniors
Agree but
I’m confused
why are you king flano7?
I believe Flanno sr will change us for the better. That doesnt mean i am glad Flanno jr is our 6. Flanno sr makes the decisions so i dont hate him for that because at the end of the day, its his career on the line. There is nothing wrong with me saying flanno jr is an average player. You taking offence to that shows an immature man, defending a grown man on a forum where opinions matter to some..

TheRev

First Grade
The bulldogs are definitely beatable, and we were dominant for periods tonight, but those 2 early intercepts were a great example of how our night went.. we were dominating... but instead of us going up by 6.. they did..

We dont have any of the skill they do, we do have bigger bodies that run harder, but as we are finding out, its very hard to do that 2 games in a row.. unfortunately we dont have the smarts to get out of jail when our A-Game doesnt come off.

Hunt was really off from the start, it reminded me how he looked against Penrith, like he was sore and tired and at 80%, and we need him at 95%.. he was shouting at someone in attack at one point also, think it was Kyle and maybe Eisenhuth.. think Kyle was trying to tell him a different structure he was supposed to be doing.. but anyway it is what it is..

Big question now is can we bounce back against the Titans next week, hoping they will be without their 2 best props.. and their defence is nothing like the Dogs.. its not a must-win but it kind of really is with the way we are up and down... we dont want to leave ourselves needing 3from3.

maestro1

Bench
The commentators also highlighted the wrong moment Suli got injured. They replayed the Chrichton tackle and it was absolutely in the tackle from Chrichton. Not one commentator even mentioned the phrase "hip drop". Suli
stayed on and ran the ball into the defensive line a bit later. The commentators then replayed Suli's subsequent run a said that this is when he got injured. The bxstards were re-writing the narrative.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Flanno Jnr and Hunt are the halves.
The side started the 2nd half how they should of and got on the front foot and won the territory with the score at 20-10.
They had 4 or so sets on the Dogs line and sweet f**k all was created by said halves combo.
Hunt threw a terrible intercept pass for 1st try, Flanno threw a terrible pass to Hunt for a costly drop and offered nothing all game.
They wear most the blame tonight

Dea

Juniors
Flanno Jr was lying on his back having been tackled. Crichton is on top and pushed his face down into Flannos, and his nose goes into his mouth. Looks bad. Crichton causes it by pushing his head and face into Flannos, but Flanno should have kept his mouth shut.

We'll miss KFlann's defence and efforts. He isn't the most talented, but gee he competes at every play. Last week he made 37 tackles with no misses and came up with a game winning play when he knocked the ball out of Harry Grant's hand.

Those expecting Kyle to be dynamic like Moses or Luis or Hughes will be disappointed and it is unfair on KFlann as he doesn't pretend that he brings that as a strength. His strength is as mentioned before, defence, efforts on efforts and competes at every play. It wasn't his fault that we lost possession on 6 occasions when we made a line break and nearly scored. Each time we didn't score and lost possession. Too many opportunities squandered.
If Eisenhuth, either Feagai, Bird and Flanagan never played for us again I would not lose a wink of sleep. The kind of players who we constantly hear do all the dirty work but are no frills. We are crying out for game breakers and we barely have one. These blokes just compound it by being bystanders who keep their place because we haven’t any depth at our club and are missing 5 plus star players.

Dreaming? Fantasy land?

Nah I am just hungry for success. Seems good enough to dream big if your dogs or roosters. Tonight showed again we have no class across the board. So sick of loading the team with almost good players.

RFM needs to go too. Please.