What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v The Bloody Bulldogs

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Flanno Jnr has not played well tonight, but the comments about him are over the top. The disappointment started with the first Hunt intercept try to Burton and it went pretty much all downhill from there. All the names mentioned have been poor tonight, but to lump it all on Kyle is wrong. You would sack the whole team on tonight's performance, but we can't do that. I guess Hunt will once again admit that his kicking game was poor tonight, but I just want him to fix it up, not apologise for it. Very disappointing night.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Flanno Jnr has not played well tonight, but the comments about him are over the top. The disappointment started with the first Hunt intercept try to Burton and it went pretty much all downhill from there. All the names mentioned have been poor tonight, but to lump it all on Kyle is wrong. You would sack the whole team on tonight's performance, but we can't do that. I guess Hunt will once again admit that his kicking game was poor tonight, but I just want him to fix it up, not apologise for it. Very disappointing night.
Agreed. And good to see Sloan not at the end of any abuse. Now that fat shit Lawrie. He can go and get farked

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
Find it very hard to put 2 games together, if Dylan Brown from the Eels is looking around he would be my top target, a few injuries tonight, maybe both couchies in next week. Once again we can only squeeze so much juice out of these players. I wouldnt like going into finals and being cannon fodder anyway.

SaintElroy

Juniors
Agreed. Tonight he was MIA. Not sure how much of that is Hunt dominating the calls etc. Hard too when forwards aren’t making yardage. We just rushed things and lack speed
Speed for us is a massive issue. Look at manly today, they were nothing special but just burnt Canberra on the edges with raw speed . But back to flanno he has been fantastic.
I love he has a crack? If we had a better half or 5/8 he will be an awesome 14 or left field idea lock like a radley or cam murray

Tomaraque

Juniors
For me this one hurts a bit more than our loss to Manly.

Lots of problematic performances from a lot of our boys but not the end of the world or our season. We can learn and continue a season that 12 months ago we could have only dreamed of.

However, it is about culture. Coach had a heart to heart with Zac early in the pre season.

Time now for him to lock the door for a 1 on 1 with Ben, put the ego and reputation in the next room and talk about leadership of a team and what is expected of a leader.

The culture is changing and there is a team there ( a bit rag tag at times but a decent team).

The change in culture we have witnessed this year is inhibited with our captain making very poor choices and not learning yet when Kyle did a silly thing, rather than support Kyle his arms were out like he was on a cross highlighting that error.

With respect Ben, off to the hall of mirrors.

Shane, great coach...time for that chat.

Go dragons!!!

Old Timer

Coach
Best defensive team in the competition was always going to be a tough assignment but we seemed rattled / panicked for most of the game...too many desperate / pushed passes & rushed plays from us...kicking was sub-standard too...again.
We are a slow ponderous side that stands flat in attack as a result the teams that get off their defensive line quickly contain us with ease.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
I actually think the second 40 showing has been decent. The fact that we cant score is just down to having no strike which we've known for years.

Beaten soundly, frustrating and pedestrian but far from embarrassing.

Very bleak outlook given our inability to improve the team however.

Next week I want to see Pasifiki-Tonga, Toby Couchman and someone like Finau come in if Suli is out.
Yeah and missing detmination to score defend and f**king win so frustrating

It was only 8-0 in the second half.

the bulldogs scum are not as good as they think

I'm not expert on the Dogs but to me they didn't get to top gear whereas we threw everything at them. I think it is a fair showing of the difference between the two teams.

We had a few moments in the first half, forcing errors and ramping up our play the ball speed and then kept the ball right on their goal line for a good 10 minutes in the second half and just could not score. A good kick from Hunt and a clever ball from Luc were the only reasons we got any points. It's all a bit sad in what was built up as a massive match and our home game.

KingFlanno7

Juniors
He is absolutely terrible. Wont ever earn a rep jersey, dont even compare the 2. Flanno decided to throw a metre forward pass because he bottled it. He is horrible, Hunt has almost all our try assist what about flanno the absolute plank. Does fk all