What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs. Eels Discussion + Voting

Snappy

Coach
Don't know why all of you want to buy centres and think it is great to buy Inglis when your team is guaranteed to have no direction with Lockyer gone. Should be looking for a decent half.

We purchased a centre to replace the centre we are losing. Lockyer will still be around for another year or more and we are grooming his replacment half. Thanks for your advice though champ. Appreciated.

bron_cos

Juniors
I think we played to one man too much last night the way we just kept bombing it to izzy with no result you would think we should have try to go to Glenn and co on the other side i think wallace was good but should of had either Norman or Hunt starting the game to give him some more time to kick/pass and or run. If we play like that next week we will be smoke with the knights have prob the fastest back line in the comp.

cornerposter

Juniors
I jumped out of my seat, did a Bret Lee mower yes thing screamed out woo-hoo only to hear Sterling say Thaiday had dropped it.

Then I nearly Wade McKinnon'd my room.
:lol: There were about 30 thousand screaming supports with ya there...
Looks like Ivan plans on giving Gillett another go at five eighth...
Defensive lapses aside, I thought Norman impressed. I do get the feeling he struggled coming into the game late and would love to see him start.

3. Parker
2. Hoffman
1. Yow Yeh

Seagullsrock

Juniors
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...t-all-good-at-five-eighth-henjak/default.aspx

Looks like Ivan plans on giving Gillett another go at five eighth... :x

I don't understand, why play one of your best attacking weapons at pivot? What a waste. It didn't work with Jarryd Hayne, it didn't work with Greg Inglis so just give it up. Norman is the future post-Lockyer anyway so may as well give him some game time to adjust to NRL standard.

Because Gillett played 5/8 for Norths so he has prior experience unlike Inglis etc. He's not an organiser. Wallace needed to step up but failed.

Broncos93

Juniors
Yeah I'm for Norman at the moment. He played well against Souths when Lockyer was out for Origin. For a Toyota Cup five-eighth to play in a side that racks up 50 points against probably the best (or potentially the best, if they play together) pack in the game is a decent credential. Gillett needs to be utilised as an attacking weapon. We've seen him score tries from nothing before, e.g. against the Roosters or last week against the Cowboys. We've got a powerful running center in Folau on the right, so why not play Gillett on the left to keep two options.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
The line speed and holding off has been a problem for weeks (maybe even years) so that didn't surprise me.

Norman has to start 5/8 and give it a real crack and just play his own game. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work. Bringing him on in the 2nd half makes him feel like he is just being protected, surely it must affect his confidence. Given our defence, we need to score lots of points. I can only see that happening with Norman at 5/8 for the whole game.

3. Glenn
2. McGuire
1. Hoffman

At the end of the day we played bad and still it was only really Mateo and a couple of other individual brilliances that beat us.

johns_reds

First Grade
I think when Hunt came on in the first half we were playing a little better, it's hard for wallace being the only playmaker out there, no wonder he had an off game, putting gillet in at number 6 didn't work and i hope the mistake isn't repeated next week, we need to beat newcastle or we could miss the 8.

3. parker
2. hoffman
1. tronc