What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs Tigers.

possm

Coach
Dean Young, caretaker coach, wins charity shield by two points, gets 5 year contract.
Now your getting very close to what the old boys are looking for. A very scary proposition to all but the Young family and all agreed to by the Millward family.

Bring on the new ownership structure and new CEO and take a broom though the whole management staff. Its time for Bennett and a new regime.

Drag Queen

Bench
Zero ability and zero credibility.
Just imagine that this guy is the current St. George FG coach.
He was happy with the second half against the Warriors and pointed to positive signs of a turnaround. He urged his players that they had to start at the level of the second half performance against the Warriors.
Camp on the Central Coast - players "hopeful" of a turn around etc. Today we were playing for pride more than anything else...we gave nothing like we gave in so many games last year.
The mighty Saints of the past would be turning in their graves.
I cannot forgive the incumbent management for creating this mess.
You cannot denigrate the history and tradition of this great club while pushing your own agenda.
You're not that important in the scheme of things.
Total disregard for the long suffering Fans - ridiculous decisions based on factions and nepotism.
The Board should hang their heads in shame...
Stop making sense Dennis. Cheers.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Dont worry about the Tigers I cant see us winning another game. If we make the Semi it will be to make up the numbers. Also McGreger and the board will say by making the semis we are on the way up.

slippery5

Juniors
So McGregor over to you. No Widdop, no Vaughan, no Nighty plus a host of unjured and fatigued players.

As they say "you reap what you sow" and "failing to plan is planning to fail".

No doubt there will be some changes to the team but im 100% sure the same core will be fronting up next week.

However, just for the sake of it.
1. Lomax
2. Nene
3. Mann
4. Herbert
5. Periera
6. Dufty
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. McInnes
10. Friz
11. Leilua
12. Sims
13. JDB

14. LAM
15. Graham
16. Robson
17. Field/Host

Wont happen for sure but after last night it wad actually theraputic to drop some of these "stars".
Haven't you learnt anything from Mr Noidea, Mann 5/8, Nighty to bench, that's the only creativity he has.

slippery5

Juniors
I'll be watching the game on Saturday night on my own because my daughter is having her Hens night with my wife & other daughter's going along for the ride. I think I'm going to play it safe & have Help line's number handy in case I need to talk to someone.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Aitken, Lafai and Nightingale will, as usual, be picked. Why oh why not give at least one of Herbert or Lomax a run? Strong mail Herbert is leaving and Dufty is not signed long term. As for Mary he still has one more year to go on his contract and the Club seems to think they can't afford to pay him out. Bleak, it looks bleak.

hewi

Bench
Now your getting very close to what the old boys are looking for. A very scary proposition to all but the Young family and all agreed to by the Millward family.

Bring on the new ownership structure and new CEO and take a broom though the whole management staff. Its time for Bennett and a new regime.

And just imagine that father Craig was to be his assistant coach.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Despite what I said above, I will still be cheering on our boys against the Tigers, hoping against hope that we turn things around. Its a funny feeling though, if we win Mary will definitely survive and we badly need a new direction. We need a hard arse as a coach who is prepared to take on the players, the media and officials. Sick of everyone happy to stick the boot in when we are down. You know I would have preferred to lose 6 out of our first 7 games and be finishing strongly, rather than falling apart as we are now. There might be truth to the divided camp rumours but god we look both 'soft' and a basket case.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Well one thing that the Tigers game will tell us is the quality of Hunt's character. He was such a factor in our great start but ever since he hurt his leg the week before Origin One he has been down on speed and a shadow of the player he showed he can be earlier in the year. If he is carrying an injury there is some excuse but I want to see Hunt busting his arse trying to lead our rabble around the park this week injury or no injury.

Old Timer

Coach
Well one thing that the Tigers game will tell us is the quality of Hunt's character. He was such a factor in our great start but ever since he hurt his leg the week before Origin One he has been down on speed and a shadow of the player he showed he can be earlier in the year. If he is carrying an injury there is some excuse but I want to see Hunt busting his arse trying to lead our rabble around the park this week injury or no injury.
Great to see you posting young Witt just a shame that it is not at a time of rejoicing in current performances.
Indeed Hunt is a shadow of the player he was in the early rounds.
I think he is a bit of a fragile sort of character and of course he did have a bust up with some of the Bronco's players as well as the blow up with Munster at Qld SOO or maybe the Australian camp so just maybe he has a bit of form for getting people offside?

Latest posts