What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROUND 23 VS WARRIORS

rabbitohs95

Bench
Look how much changes when Gray goes to his natural position at left centre. Everything becomes more natural and he seems to be doing well.

My dream side for next year (barring signings but assuming we can snare JB and Brown)

1. Greg Inglis
2. Alex Johnston
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Aaron Gray
5. Joe Burgess
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. George/Tom Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. Zane Musgrove
11. John Sutton
12. Kyle Turner
13. Sam Burgess

14. Cam McInnes
15. Nathan Brown
16. Angus Crichton
17. Tom/George Burgess

To me that's a pretty decent team, and with some signings could be a top 8 team if fit.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
From what I saw at games Gray imo had the worst body language. He gave up at times.

We need him to be consistent.

I disagree re the same can be said for Sutto.

Yep we do need him to be consistent. But name me a player aside from Walker who has been consistent all year. Cooks shittyness doesnt apply here

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Look how much changes when Gray goes to his natural position at left centre. Everything becomes more natural and he seems to be doing well.

My dream side for next year (barring signings but assuming we can snare JB and Brown)

1. Greg Inglis
2. Alex Johnston
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Aaron Gray
5. Joe Burgess
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. George/Tom Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. Zane Musgrove
11. John Sutton
12. Kyle Turner
13. Sam Burgess

14. Cam McInnes
15. Nathan Brown
16. Angus Crichton
17. Tom/George Burgess

To me that's a pretty decent team, and with some signings could be a top 8 team if fit.

No Rochow or Farah

Team is solid. And with the aforementioned Signings possibly could go top 8.Inglis needs to be at the back too. If hes at centre he's being wasted.

If joe burgess doesnt stay im sure one of the jennings brothers could be on the wing.

alien

Referee
So would I.

But I think something is going on in the background.

I'm starting to think Brown may not be with us next season. He'd be a bit of a loss too. He is good off the bench.

well if we lose brown, we should replace him with a top prop

southsport

First Grade
It wouldn't surprise me in 2017 if GI was moved to wherever he is needed fullback, centre or 5/8 as injuries require?

alien

Referee

1. Greg Inglis
2. Alex Johnston
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Aaron Gray
5. Joe Burgess
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. George/Tom Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. Zane Musgrove
11. John Sutton
12. Kyle Turner
13. Sam Burgess

14. Cam McInnes
15. Nathan Brown
16. Angus Crichton
17. Tom/George Burgess

yeah it looks pretty good, but it could be a bit better if we can get farah for cheap, and have him in the 9, cook in the 14, and mcinnes in the bears 9 as a backup dummy half

rabbitohs95

Bench
yeah it looks pretty good, but it could be a bit better if we can get farah for cheap, and have him in the 9, cook in the 14, and mcinnes in the bears 9 as a backup dummy half
Hmm i'm still a bit iffy about Farah, let's not forget he hasn't performed consistently well for about 3-4 years.

But I guess whoever is the best hooker deserves to get the best spot. Also in my original post I mentioned that's the team without signing new guys.

doyen

Bench
Hmm i'm still a bit iffy about Farah, let's not forget he hasn't performed consistently well for about 3-4 years.

But I guess whoever is the best hooker deserves to get the best spot. Also in my original post I mentioned that's the team without signing new guys.

I reckon there would be a lot of disagreement going on behind closed doors re. Farah.

It seems to be taking a long time being announced if it's a "sure thing." I don't think it is.

I agree that Farah has been past his best for a while now. His age & form must be considered; especially when a highly rated,young Jnr like McInnes is likely to be lost.

Also,I wouldn't be placing to much credence on these end of season games in rating our players for future signing.

The lowly teams,like Sths, have nothing to lose & will take a lot more chances than they normally would.

Madge[& other coaches from the weaker performed teams]would have taken off the leashes & told their players to have fun & throw the ball about a bit.
Because of this we will see upsets like the Sths,Roosters & Saints games from this weekend. Not one expert in the media picked Sths to win & yet they won easily against an "off the boil" Warriors.
Madge will be back next year to his ultra-conservative ways again, one would imagine.

It will be interesting to see who we sign--so far I'm not overly excited!!

Last edited:

DiegoNT

First Grade
I reckon there would be a lot of disagreement going on behind closed doors re. Farah.

It seems to be taking a long time being announced if it's a "sure thing." I don't think it is.

I agree that Farah has been past his best for a while now. His age & form must be considered especially when a highly rated Jnr like McInnes is available.
From what i can gather from around the nrl sites Dragons are interested as well, which means his price will be getting driven up. These negotiations is a 3 way deal between Farah, Tigers and his potentially new club. 2 of those parties want him to get as much money possible

Woofy7

Juniors
I strongly believe Farrah is a done deal....reason why I think it's taking so long I think is because of what we want to pay him for year one and year two. Let's say if we sign him for 1.5 over two years it's more beneficial increasing year one so year two is cheaper.
This is just my opinion.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yep we do need him to be consistent. But name me a player aside from Walker who has been consistent all year. Cooks shittyness doesnt apply here
When BRYSON was on the field imo he was consistent scoring tries and getting through the shit work.

Rabbits20

Immortal

1. Greg Inglis
2. Alex Johnston
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Aaron Gray
5. Joe Burgess
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. George/Tom Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. Zane Musgrove
11. John Sutton
12. Kyle Turner
13. Sam Burgess

14. Cam McInnes
15. Nathan Brown
16. Angus Crichton
17. Tom/George Burgess

I can't see Joe staying even though I'd like that.

I'd put Goodwin on the left wing.

If Gray isn't consistent I'd move Bryson to left centre.

I wish we could drop Turner. I'd rather Crichton starting.

I'd have Farah at 9 and Cook in the 14.

I reckon Brown will go and Rochow and Clark will be on the bench.

It'd be good if we can get a good signing for our forward pack too.

Pommy

Coach
I strongly believe Farrah is a done deal....reason why I think it's taking so long I think is because of what we want to pay him for year one and year two. Let's say if we sign him for 1.5 over two years it's more beneficial increasing year one so year two is cheaper.
This is just my opinion.

Doesn't sound like much of a done deal then.

handyman2190

Bench
From what i can gather from around the nrl sites Dragons are interested as well, which means his price will be getting driven up. These negotiations is a 3 way deal between Farah, Tigers and his potentially new club. 2 of those parties want him to get as much money possible

All u fellas have got it wrong this is not about how much he gets first year or what the tigers want
St george can offer him lets say 450 and us 350 and his choice will still be us and tigers have no say. They cant tell him we are saving more with u going to st george go there its his choice or else he just stays put. Its the second year thats the talking point and yes more can be given straight to him the first to lighten that load.
I believe the makeup and type of team and environment is more what farrahs lookinv at st geo u rge being a mess and his brother being with us will sway him i think

This is just my opinion.

I agree.Im sure they will announce it at seasons end.

alien

Referee
This is just my opinion.

lol, we better not be paying him 1.5 over 2 years! he isn't worth more than 400k per year!

Latest posts