What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Titans

BLM01

First Grade
I keep pondering this.. firstly we have to pray that common sense prevails with JDB.. i dont think there was any contact with the head.. if there I mean maybe a pillow at the end.. hate that he got 10mins for that... thats more than enough punishment already.

but even if JDB is all good.. who is the guy who plays instead of Lawrie? Next year its an easy choice, im sure we will sign 1 or 2.. but hes not gonna play Tuivatake/Fifita for the sake of it.. hes gonna keep lawrie in the shop window I suspect.. its him or MMolo or RFM, but I dont think any of those 3 are particularly better or worse than eachother.. my main complain with Lawrie is he seems like a magnet for 6agains or penalties at the worst times.

Ultimately its 2 from 3 from here.. its almost sudden death given how hard its been to beat the sharks, and the eels and raiders are very capable sides on their day...... even with the win today.. its not a time for stuffing around..
JDB was head on head only..we move on

since77

Juniors
Well we certainly got off to the worst possible start didn't we! Even worse because in the PC Flanno said they'd done video on that exact scenario with Kini.
Anyway they got back into it with some nice attacking football.
Liddle was great. Really hope Flanno has a plan for him next year, he deserves to be in the 17.
Couchmans were bloody fantastic. These two are everything that Lawrie is not. Great footballers. They look 100% at home in first grade.
Thought Luc was really good. Another good performance from Tui. S'ua excellent.
Hunt was woeful against the Dogs, much better yesterday. This is what we need from him every week.
Bird did his job - some good cleaning up and dirty work, still makes me nervous whenever he crabs across the field.....
Lawrie - how on earth is this guy still in first grade?
Onto the second half. I think this was the half we Dragons fans need to be most proud of. No field position. Literally half the possession of the opposition. A woefully out of his depth referee gifting possession to the Titans for the best part of 40 minutes. Didn't drop their heads after a horribly unlucky try from Campbell. What we did in the second half is what we need to do for at least 2 of the next 3 weeks.
If they do we play finals. Unthinkable 12 months ago.

Victoire

Juniors
One of the weirder games of football I've ever witnessed - not that it's necessarily a bad thing, especially when we win! At halftime, instead of the 6 lame dancers in tracksuits they should've just played highlights of that bizarre first half - much more entertaining. Fun day out in the Gong!

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
For the 1st time this year it was highly evident that despite players making mistakes other players turned up constantly to help control the situation and limit the damage.

It was pleasing to see.
Yep. The whole team really turned up to limit the damage caused by Blake Lawrie

Latest posts