What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 vs. Storm Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
He's played around 6 games at fullback then (not including cameo appearances he made a handful of times last year) and out of them only 2 of them were passable.

Hoffman has had more than 2 of those games.

Don't get me wrong, Norman wasn't horrible at the back on Sunday, but I see that as a best case scenario type performance. Norman should be @ 6 with Wallace on the bench instead of Capewell & Lui should be left right out.

Losing McGuire is a bitter blow too, can't escape one game without somebody getting injured.

No Parker also sucks. Would have been a drastic move, but Gillett should have been benched for Dodds or Gibb.

J. Wallace should be ahead of Lui. Hell, Frei should be ahead of Lui.

diddi kong

Juniors
Surprised there hasn't been more said about the Maranta dropping, I thought he was developing quite a little cult following. Copley to return soon! (thats genuine)

Wallace jeeeeezus....

Behold

Juniors
Wouldn't mind a bit of a big change up particularly with McGuire out.
I kind of understand Norman being persisted with at the back but I'd like to see Hoffman move into the the centres and Reed take up Glenn's position on the fringe.
1. Norman
2. Beale
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Maranta/Copley
6. Wallace
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Dodds
11. Reed
12. Te'o
13. Thaiday/Parker

14. Gillett
15. Petro
16. Gibb
17. Baptiste/Thaiday

Chainshada

Juniors
1. Beale
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Hoffman
6. Hunt
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Civo
11. Gilett
12. Thaiday
13. Te'o

14. Norman
15. Dodds
16. Gibb
17. J Wallace

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Losing McGuire is a bitter blow too, can't escape one game without somebody getting injured.

No Parker also sucks. Would have been a drastic move, but Gillett should have been benched for Dodds or Gibb.

J. Wallace should be ahead of Lui. Hell, Frei should be ahead of Lui.

I tend to agree with all of this. I've always liked Lui but he hasn't really provided much this year when given his chances and Gillett has been poor since origin, he needs to start using his shoulder in tackles rather than just grabbing for jersey's.

Gibb on the other hand i have been very impressed with this year when ever i have seen him.

unbreaK

Juniors
Josh McGuire (eye) – Indefinite.
Dale Copley (fibula)/Corey Parker (shoulder) – Round 25.
Alex Glenn (hamstring) – Finals Week 1.
Jordan Kahu (knee)/Jharal Yow Yeh (ankle)/David Hala (knee) – Season.

That's from nrl.com, hopefully they're accurate and we get Dale and Parker back next week (Never thought i'd be excited to see Dale back) and getting Alex back the first week of finals (If we make it) could be a nice little boost in confidence.

~

Finals Week 1 Squad; or what I hope it will be:

1. Hoffman
2. Beale
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Civoniceva
11. T'eo
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. McGuire
15. Dodds
16. Gillett
17. P.Wallace

broncos70

Juniors
if we moved reed to the second row then copley would play left centre. He'll make a great centre one day. Strong runner with a huge step, and wont have the pressure of trying to catch bombs

hellteam

First Grade
Reed is a better centre at the moment though and needs to stay there. When Hodges retires Reed could change to the right and Copley left

qld aussie

Juniors
Gillett has been poor since origin, he needs to start using his shoulder in tackles rather than just grabbing for jersey's.

After watching Gillets games the last 2 Weeks it appears to me that he is lacking in confidence when tackling and like Thaiday usually that comes from carrying an injury. Cause he certainly isn''t hitting like he was at the start of the year.

johns_reds

First Grade
I can't believe people are comparing Norman to Barba. Oh but Barba defense wasn't that great last year, have a look at him now!! Sorry to break to you guys.. But Barba shits a turd on Norman in all the other aspects of being a top notch fullback

Who is comparining the two? I think everyone knows Barba is way better than Norman,

Snappy

Coach
Agreed Pete, Gillet is out of form and low on confidence. After missing 11 tackles last week Storm will target him.

Big Pete

Referee
Really glad to see Parker back though. Tough given his shoulder requires surgery but his haste to make it back just shows how dedicated he is to the club.

Good to see, hopefully he plays like he did against the Bunnies.

Latest posts