What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 | Canterbury 32-22 Newcastle @ ANZ | Sat 27th August | Kick-off: 5.30pm

Bulldogs vs Knights (R25)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rusty

Juniors
Absolutely f**king woeful.

Kurt Gidley's not a captain's arsehole. Always cames up with errors when we are under pressure.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
See, that is what you are SUPPOSED to do when you have the ball inside your opposition 20. Mount pressure and score. Not that hard Knights :(

Matt23

Staff member
26 unanswered points in the 2nd half is unacceptable, too many shirt grabbers

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
We are a disgrace, first up contact in the tackle is abysmal, worse than Toyota cup standard, they just offloading at will

RABK

Referee
Boys against men in defense, they are making 20 metres every run. Really pathetic second half, they simply don't deserve to be in the finals so this is only justice.

K-Man

Bench
Does Rick Stone have the worst half time speech in the NRL? I honestly do blame him because it has happened too many times. Of all teams, we should NEVER be complacent in a second half.... ever. But we are all the time, and Stone just wears this dumb look like "oh I didn't see this coming. We will work on it for next week". I'm over it

RABK

Referee
They should be made to walk the F3 home. I'm no captain emo - but that was simply inexcusable. Absolutely disgraceful effort and Stone and the lot of them ought to be given 10 lashes of a whip first thing monday morning.

K-Man

Bench
There is only one positive - I can stop thinking about the ridiculous dream I started having a few weeks about us actually being able to make a serious challenge in the finals.

Now at least we don't have to suffer last-round heartache against the Bunnies... they will do us by 30 and that will be that. What a pathetic second half.

I'm pretty happy Stone has been demoted.

Nuffy

Bench
Nothing to say really, been watching and in utter disbelief.

Teams that have got nothing to play for have more heart than we do, frankly the top 8 will be embarassing if we are it. Souths deserve it far more because they have put in a run and are in form.

I am sick to the back teeth of hearing Knights players b*llshit on about spirit, heart and doing it for the fans. The reality is that they are kidding themselves more than us. The club had spirit but its long gone squander by the current group of pretenders.

Frankly, the rot set in when the below strength Cowboys towelled up our team of rubbish footballers.

Nothing more to say really, other than Bennett has got far more work to do than he can possibly imagine.

Mullen and Kidley are arguably the worse halves pairing in the comp, with nearly 300 FG games between them. Let them both go and lets start again.

Last edited:

Matt23

Staff member
9/10 that try doesn't get awarded, I guarantee, if that had been at the other end of the field it would have been ruled lost ball.

Silent Knight

First Grade
If I was Rick Stone I wouldn't even walk down to the change room after the game. I'd walk out of ANZ Stadium, jump in my car and drive back to Newcastle.

Alex28

Coach
Farewell 2011 season. It was real.

The most pathetic second half we have put in this year. Disgraceful.

If by some miracle we do manage to beat Souths next week we are wasting our time, and most importantly the time of Rugby League fans by playing. Give it to a team with a bit more heart.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Farewell 2011 season. It was real.

The most pathetic second half we have put in this year. Disgraceful.

If by some miracle we do manage to beat Souths next week we are wasting our time, and most importantly the time of Rugby League fans by playing. Give it to a team with a bit more heart.

I would gladly give our top 8 spot to any other team based on this performance, but it had to be f***ing Souffs, the gutter trash of the league.

Rudderriffic

Juniors
One of the worst 40 minutes any Newcastle side has played ever. No heart when defending, wasteful fifth tackle options, and horrible ball control.

Latest posts