What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 | Canterbury 32-22 Newcastle @ ANZ | Sat 27th August | Kick-off: 5.30pm

Bulldogs vs Knights (R25)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matt23

Staff member
I'm not saying it wasn't a try, just if had been us scoring it, they would have found a way to disallow it.

Apey

Staff member
choke on my ball sack joker

Not sure if there is footage from that angle. Here it is from his right though..

tryoftheyear.png

he had no downward pressure whatsoever, however i know they look specifically for separation so it didn't surprise me at all

Spot On

Coach
In fairness to Mullo, he has as been playing injured, but next season he can have no excuses.

In all fairness Matt, Mullo debuted in 2005. This has been his seventh year in the top grade. There's no excuses now for him.

"Lulia's suffered what is likely to a season ending knee injury. Tetevano picked up a hamstring injury. It's been a battering 2 weeks!" from Twitter.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Your season is just as gone ad ours doga yet you felt the need to come in and post that even though it was awarded AND your team won by 10. Bigger off you pick, and f**k the moderation you merkin

Doga

Juniors
Your season is just as gone ad ours doga yet you felt the need to come in and post that even though it was awarded AND your team won by 10. Bigger off you pick, and f**k the moderation you merkin

f**k me you're a precious one. Go back to playing with your dolls

doggie_4_life

Juniors
I'm not saying it wasn't a try, just if had been us scoring it, they would have found a way to disallow it.

Come on man, you guys had all the luck with the ref's in that game, we got screwed. Not that's an excuse for the worst first half in i've seen us play, dropped balls terrible defensive decisions, followed by one of our best second halves of the year, strange game indeed.
But, we played like school kids for the first, you guys played like that in the second, i can understand your frustrations and i must say, i kinda feel for you guys, i know what it's like when your team just shuts up shop after one half of footy. Even though we aren't gonna make the 8, you guys still have to beat the bunnies, to wipe those smug smiles off of issac luke greg inglis and hankey sandows faces

Serc

First Grade
Completions
Knights 28/36 (78%)
Dogs 17/31 (55%)

Possession
Knights 60%
Dogs 40%

Tackles
Knights 215
Dogs 321

Missed tackles
Knights 53
Dogs 39

Total runs/metres
Knights 172/1391m
Dogs 136/1194m

Houston 131m (13 runs, 1 line break)
Mata'utia 116m (11 runs)
Uate 115m (13 runs)
Tuimavave 114m (14 runs, 2 offloads)
Tetavano 97m (10 runs)
Edwards 96m (13 runs)

Try assists
Mullen 2

Tackle breaks
Likiliki 6
McManus, Uate 5
Houston 4

Forwards hitup stats
Fa'aoso 10 for 80m (39 mins)
Costigan 10 for 78m (73 mins)
Houston 8 for 69m (77 mins)
Tuimavave 10 for 65m (43 mins)
Edwards 9 for 61m (38 mins)
Tetavano 7 for 57m (58 mins)
Uate 5 for 51m (80 mins)
Karawana 5 for 42m (32 mins)
Kaufusi 5 for 38m (39 mins)

Tackles
Houston 29 (missed 5)
De Gois 23 (missed 6, 1 ineffective)
Tuimavave 20 (missed 1, 0 ineffective)
Costigan 17 (missed 3, 4 ineffective)
Karawana 16 (missed 5, 3 ineffective)
Gidley 15 (missed 1)

Missed tackles
Mata'utia 5 (made 5)
Mullen 5 (made 13 - also made 5 one-on-one tackles which was the most on either team, which makes me think the Dogs were trying to single him out - test out that shoulder?)
Tetavano 5 (made 13)
Fa'aoso 3 (made 11)
McManus 2 (made 3)

Likiliki's stats on debut: 11 runs for 93m (incl 4 hitups for 34m), 6 tackle breaks, 2 errors, 6 tackles with 2 missed

Nuffy will love Stone's press conference (with Gidley also), just reading the URL says enough!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/039i-apologise-to-the-fans039/video-e6frf3ou-1226123660725

RHCP

Bench
Look how f**king distorted the ball is. It's even touching the line there. Oops but front on it looked alright, and it looked pretty cool, so try! Not trying to make excuses for us losing, we would've lost anyway, but that was no try.

I can't remember a worse forty minutes. I don't want to make the finals, Melbourne will make that game look like the performance of the century.

perverse

Referee
the last try to Barba was definitely a try by the leter of the current law, and a brilliant one at that. i see no seperation in any picture that anyone has shown me, i saw no seperation in he replay at the time and i still can't see it now. sour grapes absolutely making you imagine things.

good press conferance by Stone. he laid it on pretty thick... and so he should have. it was embarrassing. absolutely shameful second half display. i don't care if we make the finals or not, it is of no real consequence anymore.

We would play Melbourne or Manly at their home so we will avoid utter humiliation by missing the 8. Around 6 weeks ago i was optimistic but the boys have dropped their bundle. House is for me the club player of the year. I want House or Tui to skipper the club as Kurt frankly is coming off as a sook who the refs can't cop. The push to get Bedsy back could mean Wayne wants him as skipper.

Wow. Disgusting is all that can be said about the second half, that being said I still want to play finals football even though we'll be cannon fodder.

billy2

Juniors
The Likiliki fade was definately a factor.
When he came back from injury a few months ago it was really obvious that he had one or two big runs in him and was a shot duck for the rest of the game.
I thought he'd built up a lot more stamina in recent games, but he obviously went too hard in the first half and was a spent force in the second half for this game.
Early in the game he often carries 3 defenders on his back for 10 metres and hits it up like a prop - but he just doesn't have the motor to do that for 80 minutes in firstgrade, especially when he jumped out of the blocks so hard in his first game of firstgrade for us (second overall)

Latest posts