What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 - our last game of pain

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Would never miss a game at kog but we aren't going to make it.
Will watch at home.
Would of been great to be in finals race with this game coming up as I hoped for at the start of the year but not to be
Same!!!! Said I won’t give this club $1 until the dumb BOD start improving things and rich owners start putting in some $$$$ themselves.
Would have been a sellout at Kogarah if we were on 28pts too……but not to be as Jeff said 😔

HenryTatana

Juniors
After the media sucking their dicks over the young broncos all year and how all of a sudden thinking Kevvy Walters can actually coach, it would give me so much satisfaction to knock the pretenders out and stick it to the bronco loving media.

Dragon David

First Grade
I am hoping that the young guns - Ramsey, Sloan, Feagai, Amone and Sullivan will again be selected for first grade against the Broncos and in the run on team. They need more time to gel again as they haven't played too many games with each other and it was noticeable. Sullivan was busy, Amone was much quieter than he was last weekend, Ramsey had 10 minutes taken out of his game time and I thought he might have been able to catch up to Moga but couldn't really reach him before Moga was put into touch, Feagai was his usual self and Sloan was quiet and didn't bob up much to take the ball.

Hopefully next weekend they can just play their own game and not worry about any set structures.

dannyt

Coach
I am hoping that the young guns - Ramsey, Sloan, Feagai, Amone and Sullivan will again be selected for first grade against the Broncos and in the run on team. They need more time to gel again as they haven't played too many games with each other and it was noticeable. Sullivan was busy, Amone was much quieter than he was last weekend, Ramsey had 10 minutes taken out of his game time and I thought he might have been able to catch up to Moga but couldn't really reach him before Moga was put into touch, Feagai was his usual self and Sloan was quiet and didn't bob up much to take the ball.

Hopefully next weekend they can just play their own game and not worry about any set structures.
It wont happen, but I would love to see Bud and Amone in the halves with instructions to play their own game, and Hunt at dummy half. It would be a fantastic opportunity to compare the performance of Bud and Amone against the same team that they last played together, but with a good dummy half.

dannyt

Coach
We beat the wooden spooners by 2 points only because they stuffed up with Hunt’s short dropout. Any team above the Tigers beats us easily.
We beat a team destined for the spoon who were desperate to redeem themselves following a 66 points hiding the week before. This desperate team were also given the advantage of an extra player for 20 minutes, twice as many penalties, and were up by 10 at halftime.

The stupid play from the dropout demonstrates why they will get the wooden spoon. You can only play what's in front of you, and I'm glad the lads showed some determination to get a win, albeit unconvincingly.

kit66

Bench
If we poke our noses in front I expect things to get pretty fiery. I'd love for us to upset their plans of a top 8 finish, something along the lines of the 2018 Semi, although I'm acutely aware of how very, very unlikely that would be. Too bad Sims isn't playing.
A few are asking why we've been top of the pops for sin binnings when we're also near the top for discipline this year - ( we'd be even closer to the top if not for the heavy penalty counts in the last two rounds ), it's pretty strange when you look at folks like Solomona who can head butt, elbow, forearm his way through every round with no consequences but our guys are marched at the drop of a hat.

SGMax

Juniors
....... A few are asking why we've been top of the pops for sin binnings when we're also near the top for discipline this year - ( we'd be even closer to the top if not for the heavy penalty counts in the last two rounds ), it's pretty strange when you look at folks like Solomona who can head butt, elbow, forearm his way through every round with no consequences but our guys are marched at the drop of a hat.
Exactly, and I can't believe JWH continues to evade suspension for his blatant hits.

kit66

Bench
We beat the wooden spooners by 2 points only because they stuffed up with Hunt’s short dropout. Any team above the Tigers beats us easily.

Which is better than what the Broncs did just a few rounds ago - they managed to get beat, full strength and at home 32-18 by that same Tigers team. The Broncs have won only 1 from their last 5 games including two 40+ floggings and haven't really done much better than us this season, just 2 wins more.
We're a chance at home I reckon, last game of the season. If the boys can drop the petty squabbles for 80 minutes and work together they can get up for sure. Hunt had one of his worst last week and should be more driven and focused this Saturday against his old team aided by other ex broncs McGuire (last game for us) and Bird.
A win would be awesome firstly to dash any finals hopes for the Broncs and secondly to stick it to the all commentators who you just know will be talking the Broncos up all game even when we're in front.

Dragons by 11+ (if the refs don't flog us again).

Scientologist

Juniors
I'll watch the game on TV out of habit but won't go to watch it and can't wait for the season to end really. The Tigers win was among the worst wins I have seen in my many years of following Saints. Moga is the slowest Saints winger I can remember (and I can remember Hassan Saleh). Frankly, it's been another wasted year with no real prospect of ever matching the elite sides and no sign that we are building towards it by playing the juniors. The good news is that there are so many of us that still care and want better for the place and a lot can happen over the off season. I'm predicting that Hunt will re-sign as our hooker and if he does that we look a different team next year with Sullivan and Amone together getting decent service from dummy half.