What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 - our last game of pain

dannyt

Coach
Hey Tangles and Willow you guys made my late night post.

I watched the Walters ‘try’ and straight away thought this guy is short and his ball carrying forearm is on the ground. Only then does he get the arm off the ground and roll over and forward.

Im not seeing things with red n white glasses after all.
Cummins was right there with a perfect view of the whole thing.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
I
I say it is time to introduce a player draft system. Things have changed and there is such a system in many other sports these days. For me, it is the only thing that may level the playing field and thus even up the competition.
I always thought that to Possm, so many of the guys just didn’t like the idea. 2 court cases and they were thrown out. We don’t have the players like the AFL, the NRL is very small in numbers of players at not played in all schools and universities. The NFL or the NBA systems work well. Or look at the AFL. The EPL that is huge as well, the game is worldwide. The AFL at least there is a time table when you can speak to players, when you can trade or buy. This is after the season not during it, as per Ben Hunt and Sully with Gould.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Haha. I got him with "Brisbane can't play" as he was running under the cage. He had a bit of gear in tow but it didn’t slow him down, I've never seen anyone in such a hurry to get off the field.
Langer's drunken sledge all those years ago was one of the lowest acts of bad sportsmanship I have witnessed- nearly 30 years later, I still can't stand the sight of him.

denis preston

First Grade
I

I always thought that to Possm, so many of the guys just didn’t like the idea. 2 court cases and they were thrown out. We don’t have the players like the AFL, the NRL is very small in numbers of players at not played in all schools and universities. The NFL or the NBA systems work well. Or look at the AFL. The EPL that is huge as well, the game is worldwide. The AFL at least there is a time table when you can speak to players, when you can trade or buy. This is after the season not during it, as per Ben Hunt and Sully with Gould.
It really wouldn't benefit us as much as others, as what do we get for investing in our junior nursery ?

justadragon

Bench
Agree in general, justadragon, but I think you are a bit tough on Jaiyden Hunt: 10 minutes, 2 runs, 19 metres, 7 tackles, 2 misses, 1 ineffective tackle. Wow, 7 effective tackles in 10 mins! Has barely tallied a half of football in his 3 NRL games this year. Tough to make a negative judgment on such limited minutes. Hasn't played a game in NSW Cup for a few weeks. But agree more thought needs to be put into NSW Cup. Must have a decent and settled half and 5/8 combination - these positions were constantly changing. This team has only looked a reasonable side when either Clune or Sullivan have played in the last couple of years.
Yeah I'll give you that much Steve, I was probably a bit harsh, it probably didnt make it any better that JDB was taking the hitups after him which stood out. Totally agree the standard in KOE cup has to and must be raised, for our NRL side to perform we need the KOE Cup side to be up there as well.