What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 Schedule

brokendigit

Juniors
I missed this, "professionals aren't running our game" because they selected a game that YOU think might not rate as well as another?

AFL plans their season at the start of the season without knowledge of ladder positions toward the end of the season and they manage to avoid complaint for the most part.

I think you're overreacting, just sayin.

Let's look at facts.
Fact 1: Bulldogs/Warriors games have actually averaged under 12,500 for the last 5 years. (not 13.5K)
Fact 2: StG-Ill Vs Souths will (at minimum) draw 100K more TV viewers than Bulldogs/Warriors. If Souths are still in the running, make that a minimum of 300K.
Fact 3: If I'm an advertiser, would I rather my Ad be played in front of 300,000 more, or 300,000 fewer viewers? Ummm...
Fact 4: The future of this game is based upon advertising revenue. If the NRL aren't going to put the bigger drawing game on TV, we may as well give it away. Until we make enough money from club membership, TV is our master.

IMO - what the Bulldogs have done to promote the game is excellent. The crowd will be massively increased because of their efforts.
And I stand by my "professionals" comment regarding the NRL. They're sorely lacking.

Over-reacting? I may well be. I reserve the right to be irrational, one-eyed & bone-headed about my team. Perhaps I'm a bit like a few others?

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
I thought it funnier that the "greatest to ever play" played his last game on a cold canberra night getting pumped 48-18
Meh, (what was meant to be) Langlands last game he was in fairy land and his side got thumped in a grand final

Doesnt mean they arent greats

Red Bear

Referee
Round 25 - 28-31 August
Friday
Cowboys Vs Broncos @ Dairy Farmers Stadium, 7.35pm (Ch 9)
Eels Vs Panthers @ Parramatta Stadium 7.35pm (Ch 9)
Saturday
Titans Vs Wests Tigers @ Skilled Park, 5.30pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)
Rabbitohs Vs Dragons @ ANZ Stadium, 7.30pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)
Storm Vs Roosters @ Olympic Park, 7.30pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)
Sunday
Sea Eagles Vs Sharks @ Brookvale Oval, 2.00pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)
Bulldogs Vs Warriors @ ANZ Stadium, 3.00pm (Ch 9)
Monday
Raiders Vs Knights @ Canberra Stadium, 7.00pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)

Source: www.broncos.com.au
Titans game could've been the friday game to appease the league loving queenslanders, who wont watch non qld sides. Cows Broncs saturday night.
Rabbits Dragons should swap with sea eagles vs sharks, and again with bulldogs warriors - leaves this game on a sunday but the better game, the saints v souths game to be broadcast on FTA.

Someone

Bench
Completely and utterly wrong. If that's how much you know, then you know f**k all.

Andrew Johns' last game was a glorious Monday Night Football encounter between the Raiders and Knights at Canberra Stadium, won by the Raiders 48-18.

Prior to that match, he was knocked out by Sonny Bill Williams early in round 1, and didn't play in round 2. In fact, Johns didn't get a Channel 9 match at all during his final season, given that it was a neck injury sustained in training that finally rubbed him out, not a pre-planned retirement.

Wasnt the Bulldogs VS Knights game on CH9 Afternoon? or was that 2pm Fox sports game? i was under the impression CH9 had that game.

Red Bear

Referee
Wasnt the Bulldogs VS Knights game on CH9 Afternoon? or was that 2pm Fox sports game? i was under the impression CH9 had that game.
on fox im pretty sure, was watching cricket on the hill of our first grade ground and someone came down and said oh Johns injured and SBW sent off in 3 minutes

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Completely and utterly wrong. If that's how much you know, then you know f**k all.

Andrew Johns' last game was a glorious Monday Night Football encounter between the Raiders and Knights at Canberra Stadium, won by the Raiders 48-18.

Prior to that match, he was knocked out by Sonny Bill Williams early in round 1, and didn't play in round 2. In fact, Johns didn't get a Channel 9 match at all during his final season, given that it was a neck injury sustained in training that finally rubbed him out, not a pre-planned retirement.

When he actually broke the record, although we got pumped that night, it wasn't a Channel Nine game ...
Boys, I was actually referring to his farewell, not his final game. I'm certain the night Newie played Brisbane in Newcastle it was a special channel nine game and they did a highlights package and all.

And indeed, I am correct: http://bigpondvideo.com/nrl/36539

Easts To Lose

Juniors
so instead of the classic rivalry
St. George vs Souths

we gotta see el-masri kick goals against the warriors?
well i supposed the nrl must keep the bulldogs horde happy
they might riot or throw things if he doesn't get that last farewell game

Timmah

Staff member
Storm v Roosters would've been a cracker :sarcasm:

hgfds

Juniors
ttp://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/newcastle-drop-gate-prices-in-bid-to-get-fans-through-the-gate/story-e6frexnr-1225759987236
Sydney centric nrl the local derby draw of the last 2 years means that sydney teams play each other 2x whilst knights play tits,cows,warriors,storm,raiders x2 which means more travel and lower drawing matches ,also ch9 likes sydney games so knights get monday night games and the short backup .With the reduced travel due to the derby draw mon nights should be played in sydney

Timmah

Staff member
Paragraphs are your friend.

Conspiracy theories are not. :)

Latest posts