What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 Schedule

yakstorm

First Grade
Personally I think they could've filled ANZ Stadium completely by making it a Sunday double header but that's the NRL for ya...

The NRL proposed hosting a double header, but the match was declined by the Bulldogs as they didn't want to have to move their members, plus they want the match to be an event in itself.

As for the calls for Rabbitohs v Dragons game is the bigger match and would draw over 30K? Well over the past 5 years this match has only averaged around 15,700, and there is a good chance that it could be a nothing match by the time Round 25 comes around with Souths out of the hunt, and the Dragons with the minor premiership.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You do have the same amount... as Melbourne and Newcastle :lol:

hgfds

Juniors
Nrl has not got the guts to give the sydney teams going for the semis the last monday night game ,the draw also favours them as they play each other twice and have to travel less

Timmah

Staff member
I was actually being a smart ass, perhaps you should learn to read ;-)

Timmah

Staff member
No, but perhaps you should remove the knot in your panties, life isn't supposed to be this serious ;-)

brokendigit

Juniors
there is a good chance that it could be a nothing match by the time Round 25 comes around with Souths out of the hunt, and the Dragons with the minor premiership.

So you would propose that it's better to lock in a guaranteed "non-event", rather than one that may become a non-event at some stage down the track?

Clever.

Timmah

Staff member
Yes, the advertised farewell of the greatest pointscorer in RL history is a "non-event" :lol:

Give yourself a triple, goose.

brokendigit

Juniors
Yes, the advertised farewell of the greatest pointscorer in RL history is a "non-event" :lol:

Give yourself a triple, goose.

Wake up - with all due respect to El-Mazri, outside of Canterbury fans, and a few statistics nerds: it means next to nothing.

You've been proven a goose more times than I can remember, so if you're going to resort to name-calling, just remember: people who live in glass houses, should get changed in the basement.
It's not going to be difficult to drag up your old posts, you half-tard.

brokendigit

Juniors
And another thing.
I might be wrong, but I'm sure Andrew Johns, Jason Taylor, and probably Daryl Halligan were all the record points scorer at some stage.
Do you recall much fanfare? Any tickertape parades? Any bumping of games by Ch9?

There may have been, but I'm struggling to remember them.

However, so be it - it's on Ch 9 now. I know I'll probably watch it, but that doesn't make it a sound business decision.

Timmah

Staff member
Andrew Johns was given a Channel 9 game I remember that much.

I don't understand why it upsets you that much. Rabbitohs v Dragons will still not only rate it's ass off on Fox on Saturday, but also get a very healthy crowd too. You're getting your knickers in a knot over something that isn't as bad as you're making it out to be.

The stats actually do prove it too, or were you too busy whinging to notice?

yakstorm said:
As for the calls for Rabbitohs v Dragons game is the bigger match and would draw over 30K? Well over the past 5 years this match has only averaged around 15,700, and there is a good chance that it could be a nothing match by the time Round 25 comes around with Souths out of the hunt, and the Dragons with the minor premiership.

I notice that you went to the trouble of quoting yakstorm earlier on but removed the part of his post which completely blew your argument apart. Well done.

brokendigit

Juniors
I've accepted it. Never any question there. Nor am I whinging about the game/team/player involved.
I'm annoyed that the NRL continues to make half-assed decisions, based on whichever way the wind is blowing that day, or some other equally dumb reason. The only reason that we're getting 'beaten' by the AFL is because of decisions like this one.
We've got the best product, backed by the biggest population & highest spending TV audience. Why is it not time to insist that professionals start running our game?

Also, do me a favour timmah. Use your fast fingers to find out what the average crowd for Bulldogs Vs NZ/Auckland matches is for the period 2004-2009, if you don't mind?
I'm quite interested.

Timmah

Staff member
R18 2006 - 14,076
R19 2008 - 12,973

So 14k & 13k, average of 13,500. Only a couple of thousand below this massive "derby" Souths and Saints allegedly have.

Souths v Saints should be being played at the SCG like it used to back in 02-03 from memory, now THAT would an event.

Timmah

Staff member
We've got the best product, backed by the biggest population & highest spending TV audience. Why is it not time to insist that professionals start running our game?
I missed this, "professionals aren't running our game" because they selected a game that YOU think might not rate as well as another?

AFL plans their season at the start of the season without knowledge of ladder positions toward the end of the season and they manage to avoid complaint for the most part.

I think you're overreacting, just sayin.

skeepe

Immortal

Completely and utterly wrong. If that's how much you know, then you know f**k all.

Andrew Johns' last game was a glorious Monday Night Football encounter between the Raiders and Knights at Canberra Stadium, won by the Raiders 48-18.

Prior to that match, he was knocked out by Sonny Bill Williams early in round 1, and didn't play in round 2. In fact, Johns didn't get a Channel 9 match at all during his final season, given that it was a neck injury sustained in training that finally rubbed him out, not a pre-planned retirement.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Timmah said:
When he actually broke the record, although we got pumped that night, it wasn't a Channel Nine game ...

Latest posts