What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Canberra

Michael Matral

Juniors
Just gutted..hate to pile on Ivan but selections played a huge part..Dane at FB or 6..Turuva on wing..maybe Kepaoa instead of Trent who was owned tonight..thought Summo was good and could have played most of 80 mins..Tago was pretty strong with some good defensive efforts..suffice to say..need to win the next 2 games. No Cleary, Kenny, Scotty and Alamoti was a bridge too far tonight for a tough physical team playing for their mathematical season at home..reset required..

Fangs

Coach
Nope opens up finishing 5th.

What we deserve really

That isn't going to happen and you know that.

We are finishing top 4. The priority is avoiding a road trip to Melbourne. I don't care where we play in Sydney we win any of those games.

WestyLife

First Grade
I’m as disappointed as anyone, but all of this talk about the season being over is OTT. The big issue for me is discipline, and if we can fix that up I am confident we will still win the comp.

It's absolutely over. Maybe 3 players look like they actually want to compete. That's what's missing plus Ivan making really poor selections.

unKwn

Juniors
No it isn't. But don't overrate the opposition.

We are still the number one contender.
I don’t think we are. Honestly now just looking back at our games from this year we’ve hardly been impressive at all. We got lucky with quite a few wins. I think storm has been far better. But we can still turn it around so long as we finish top 4

betcats

Referee
It's absolutely over. Maybe 3 players look like they actually want to compete. That's what's missing plus Ivan making really poor selections.
I don’t get the idea that the efforts not there. We dominated field position and possession that whole second half. Forwards did what they had to do. Even the backs were solid besides Laurie’s errors. The spine just didn’t get it done.

Fangs

Coach
I don’t think we are. Honestly now just looking back at our games from this year we’ve hardly been impressive at all. We got lucky with quite a few wins. I think storm has been far better. But we can still turn it around so long as we finish top 4

The Storm defensively have been absolutely terrible at times. Huge question marks for me when the blowtorch gets applied to them.

The script today was only slightly off. Far from a disastrous performance, it went for the most part as expected. Just a poor decision from Luai cost us the game.

WestyLife

First Grade
He could have picked Laurie in the 1 or 6 and he'd have been better than either of them. But why would you pick him as a winger?

Should've kept him at 1 and given Edwards a few weeks rest. Playing wing he seems really nervous and in his own head because he's not meant to be there.

Murraymob1

Juniors
We also are getting dominated in the ruck our forwards are turning there back as they hit the line slowing the tackle and play the ball .its a area we can fix but it needs to be fast

I don’t get the idea that the efforts not there. We dominated field position and possession that whole second half. Forwards did what they had to do. Even the backs were solid besides Laurie’s errors. The spine just didn’t get it done.
Good summation of the game.

Edwards looks injured. Turned like Gutho was last night.

WestyLife

First Grade

Raiders got penalised a lot and we still have Yeo who eats PCM for breakfast. Looking at their contact, effort and body language screams they aren't mentally on.

betcats

Referee
The Storm defensively have been absolutely terrible at times. Huge question marks for me when the blowtorch gets applied to them.

The script today was only slightly off. Far from a disastrous performance, it went for the most part as expected. Just a poor decision from Luai cost us the game.

exactly i think there’s some serious overections going on here. We are down on form no doubt I’d say we are at 65-70 percent right now. 2nd place finish is still entrirely possible even in our current form. Obviously it needs to improve if we want to do anything in the finals.