What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Canberra

Abacus

Juniors
It's the way we lost today. We were up by 8 with all the momentum in the 2nd half until Laurie tries the hero play diving forward trying to catch what was otherwise a nothing kick.

From there 2 long-range tries. First from Laurie deciding to jam in when not needed, leaving his opposite number a free run down the sideline.

Then Luai with his Tigers audition play at the end, instead of sticking to Pantherball, just topped off the day.

Fangs

Coach
I did.

based 100% on our form.

We don't beat teams they beat themselves against us.

Canberra don't do that. GC are another side that don't we likely flog Souffs

Well I bet if it were pre-season you'd scratch it as a loss.

Storm week before at home. It's just a crappy game for August. And as fate would have it Canberra were playing for their season today (With a month of football left you can almost guarantee the Raiders will be playing for their season. Its just another banal season for the Raiders).

I'll get more concerned if we lose to Souths at home. Now that's embarrassing.

The Realist

Juniors
we came out a camp.

All of that would of happened.

We completed at 88%
had 59% possession
87 tackles inside the 20 compared to 22

Stick a fork in us we are done. A Prelim is a good outcome this year

What happens the rest of this year will largely define Ivan as a coach.

Was he an slightly above average coach gifted an incredible roster and a decent run with injuries or is he a legitimately great coach?

Iamback

Coach
Well I bet if it were pre-season you'd scratch it as a loss.

Storm week before at home. It's just a crappy game for August. And as fate would have it Canberra were playing for their season today (With a month of football left you can almost guarantee the Raiders will be playing for their season. Its just another banal season for the Raiders).

I'll get more concerned if we lose to Souths at home. Now that's embarrassing.

We lose to Dolphins if Katoa kicks that field goal

The winning try v Parra was 50/50.

So it isn't like this was a shock

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The one positive is everything wrong with the side is pretty much mental.

The negative is I think Ivan has lost the dressing room so it won't be fixed

What happens the rest of this year will largely define Ivan as a coach.

Was he an slightly above average coach gifted an incredible roster and a decent run with injuries or is he a legitimately great coach?
Yea that's it, his bench selections have always been head scratching. Bench today was fine, maybe Eisenhuth but I was fine with bench today

Fangs

Coach
We lose to Dolphins if Katoa kicks that field goal

The winning try v Parra was 50/50.

So it isn't like this was a shock

Yes no shocks whats the concern? The infamous gears are just waiting to be employed.

As if the other teams have shown that they have that in them this year. The reality is that there are a bunch of decent teams in this competition and no one is really impressing. Bit like peachy on a Friday night.

Storm are beating up a Dolphins side at home. Totally out of gas for over a month now with a bin before halftime. It's not even remotely the same to today's game apples and oranges.

Girds89

Bench
I dont think ivan has lost the dressing room it all..

Hes literally said in the presser half a dozen times this year we are just struggling with combos and things because we cant keep the same team on the park.

Lets see how we are after the last 2 rounds. Obviously we need to make the 4. Top 2 being a priority but thats likely out of our hands now..

Get to the end of the regular season and if we are full strength wk1 i give us a chance if nathan can stay on the park.

Murraymob1

Juniors
As I said Kenny will be a big help we just got to win the last 2 and hope the rooter and sharks drop at least one.Garner will improve with each run Geyer is getting better .the forwards are not to bad just a few of them need to get in the middle and help with the work load
The only real changes for next week Kenny in Turuva in if fit sorrenson