What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Dragons @ Pepper Stadium

OldPanther

Coach
As I'm calming down from the adrenaline high of the game I have a question:

Is that a good game considering we only lost by 2 against a team that flogged us even though they got handed the game as much as I've seen (by Panthers not refs)

Yeah personally don't want to see DWZ anywhere near fullback. He has heaps of enthusiasm and energy which is great but it often equates to him dropping the ball bringing it back as people have said. Really struggled without Edwards, who has been our spark in recent weeks and our attack was pretty terrible given both our tries were pretty much individual efforts. Got pretty well owned up front too. Dragons deserved to win by more tonight but we should be beating Manly next week because they weren't that great either.

As I'm calming down from the adrenaline high of the game I have a question:

Is that a good game considering we only lost by 2 against a team that flogged us even though they got handed the game as much as I've seen (by Panthers not refs)

Well it's not a good game because as you said we handed it straight to them. That sort of shit would see us lose to Melbourne by 40. Defence was still pretty good except for the Dufty try but shitty attack nullified that.

OldPanther

Coach
Yeah personally don't want to see DWZ anywhere near fullback. He has heaps of enthusiasm and energy which is great but it often equates to him dropping the ball bringing it back as people have said. Really struggled without Edwards, who has been our spark in recent weeks and our attack was pretty terrible given both our tries were pretty much individual efforts. Got pretty well owned up front too. Dragons deserved to win by more tonight but we should be beating Manly next week because they weren't that great either.

We won up front by a long way. When we went set for set we had them done like a dinner.

Well it's not a good game because as you said we handed it straight to them. That sort of shit would see us lose to Melbourne by 40. Defence was still pretty good except for the Dufty try but shitty attack nullified that.

Yeah probably poor wording but I couldn't think of a better way to phrase it.

We won up front by a long way. When we went set for set we had them done like a dinner.

Yeah probably poor wording but I couldn't think of a better way to phrase it.

5 players from the Dragons pack finished with 100+ metres. We had just two (RCG though with 200 metres, so another great effort). Yet, overall, their pack ran for 824 metres verses our pack's 758. Unfortunately, other than errors which were killers, that's another area we lost it.

OldPanther

Coach
5 players from the Dragons pack finished with 100+ metres. We had just two (RCG though with 200 metres, so another great effort). Yet, overall, their pack ran for 824 metres verses our pack's 758. Unfortunately, other than errors which were killers, that's another area we lost it.

They would have had more runs though. Our gameplan has us defer to the back 3 more than most teams. We often lose entire sets to our backs.

Agree about the errors.

They would have had more runs though. Our gameplan has us defer to the back 3 more than most teams. We often lose entire sets to our backs.

Agree about the errors.

Definitely, ended up with more running metres overall because of our backs. In terms of all runs, the same numbers, Dragons pack with 96 runs verses our 69.

OldPanther

Coach
Definitely, ended up with more running metres overall because of our backs. In terms of all runs, the same numbers, Dragons pack with 96 runs verses our 69.

30 runs is a reasonable difference. I don't mind as it's a strength of ours. We just need to learn to capitalise on the metres gained.

ashton

Juniors
Dean Whare must come into the side.
Wallace is past his use by date in attack and gives poor service from dummy half
Tim Brown why do we start with him? Why is he even in the side
Lack of go forward up front....out muscled in the forwards.
CHN needs time in NSW cup.
DWZ was poor again.
Griffin we won't win a comp with this bloke. Still waiting for a set play from Griffin....I think I'll be waiting a long long time.

Karnivayne

Juniors
If we could offload Tamou in the off season it definitely wouldnt hurt. Absolute joke of a forward, 1 decent game in 25, would rather we kept Saunders, He is getting shown up by Tim Browne... Tim Browne.. let that sink in..

Although we were terrible all game, 2 points in that game which screwed us, Dallin running straight at Sims with absolutely no respect for ball security and that pathetic call where Dufty was tackled in goal but somehow ruled to have been called held in play.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Us not getting a penalty from in front after St George were giving the ball to each other from an offside position had me in tears of laughter.

A Canberra supporter spat on referees that oversaw the game they won a 8-3 penalty count in.Imagine if they were in our shoes tonight?People probably would have died.

snickers007

Juniors
Us not getting a penalty from in front after St George were giving the ball to each other from an offside position had me in tears of laughter.

Jokes on you then mate, there is no offside in your own in goal. It simply counts as a knock on - thus the goal line drop out was correct.

Probably the only correct decision they made all day, but alas.

I'm not overly disappointed with our effort today. That strip was a 1/100 play, and that was the difference. The conditions really suited the Dragons, we had some crucial decisions go against us, and we lost our Fullback.

I would have preferred May go to FB, Wallace tp 5/8, and Katoa to Hooker - but thats easy to say in hindsight.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
we had some crucial decisions go against us

Different interpretations of second efforts, strips, offsides and pretty much any rule.

We can be slowed down illegally, home and away, and we'll just have to live with it.We try to do the same and we will get refereed out of the game, home and away.

Quite frankly I'm sick of it, and I have been for quite some time.The more the club decides to put up with this shit, the longer it will continue for.

In the end, the joke is on all of us.

kinghippo

Juniors
I
The way i think Griffin will do it now with Edwards injured (rumored MCL) and Moylan not back until week one of finals (if we make it is:

1.DWZ
2.Mansour
3.Peachy
4.Whare
5.Blake
I think we should embrace the crazy next week and put Blake at fullback.
Let him go nuts, reese wesser style

Latest posts