What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Dragons @ Pepper Stadium

SBD82

Coach
The comparison with your back 3 was unfair, because you actually have a forward pack that is consistently worth a damn, thus meaning you don't need your wingers/fullback doing the forwards' job.
Any chance we could borrow your back 3 to complement our forward pack? It'd certainly make our team a contender.

(I wouldn't mind your 7 while I'm asking favors)

Or if we lose this week, you guys could borrow Vaughan sims frizell and JDB. You're the only other team left that I wouldn't hate to see win. Just give them back when you're done.

OldPanther

Coach
Any chance we could borrow your back 3 to complement our forward pack? It'd certainly make our team a contender.

(I wouldn't mind your 7 while I'm asking favors)

Or if we lose this week, you guys could borrow Vaughan sims frizell and JDB. You're the only other team left that I wouldn't hate to see win. Just give them back when you're done.

Can we just make a super team and smash the Storms? The best outcome really.

Nealo 12

Bench
Our inability to get opposition players on the ground has been most disappointing.
We seem to let them keep rolling on with two or three guys going high and a third guy coming in late when absolutely needed.
Just an observation from a Panther tragic.

tripster

Juniors
Holy sh**!!!!! Does anyone know if that's on us or them though?

It is prima facie concerning. The difficultly is adjusting our overall win rate (which is much higher than 34%) to take into account the calibre of teams we have played when they have refereed.

For example, our long term win rate against the Melbourne storm under all referees is probably worse than 34%.

An interesting analysis would be to compare our average win rate for a season as against whether or not we won a particular game with Cummins as referee, taking into account whether or not we were favourites in the betting markets for that particular game (possibly being the best indication of whether or not we were otherwise expected to win).

OldPanther

Coach
It is prima facie concerning. The difficultly is adjusting our overall win rate (which is much higher than 34%) to take into account the calibre of teams we have played when they have refereed.

For example, our long term win rate against the Melbourne storm under all referees is probably worse than 34%.

An interesting analysis would be to compare our average win rate for a season as against whether or not we won a particular game with Cummins as referee, taking into account whether or not we were favourites in the betting markets for that particular game (possibly being the best indication of whether or not we were otherwise expected to win).

That'd take a bit of doing.

betcats

Referee
How many times have we played under cummins and Sutton this season? 34 percent doesn't seem to bad. If we have had them 3 times its one win and two losses, hardly earth shattering.

If it was 34 percent over 5 or 10 years I might start to care, but for less than one season doesn't indicate anything.

Re the loss, im glad we didn't carry a win streak into the finals. Ball control has been an issue all season, now that its cost us an important win maybe it will be addressed.

TheFrog

Coach
Under Cummins we have 30.56% wins compared to 46.58% under all refs since his first game.
Under Sutton it is 40% compared to 48% under all refs.

This doesn't include yesterday's game.

From this site: https://afltables.com/rl/seas/2016.html

The easiest way to get this info is to locate last year's final against Canberra, when we had the same pair, and click on each ref individually in the game details. There doesn't appear to be any other easy way to get to individual team win % under individual refs, other than by finding a game the ref officiated.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Cummins loves to cave to opposition fans but grows one hell of a backbone when in Penrith.

Zero penalties in the last hour against Canterbury...Canterbury......but according to a certain member that is adamant he has ignored me despite replying to every post I make, we got the run of the green in that game...I'm done.There's a difference between being unbiased and just saying shit to seem like the most credible poster in this forum.Cummins should be without a job.End of discussion.

But I'm sure this member will hate the idea of his dad having to live off Centrelink payments so expect his greasy, pimpled up face to turn red as he types away more garbage from his parents' basement.

Last edited:

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Cummins loves to cave to opposition fans but grows one hell of a backbone when in Penrith.

Zero penalties in the last hour against Canterbury...Canterbury......but according to a certain member that is adamant he has ignored me despite replying to every post I make, we got the run of the green in that game...I'm done.There's a difference between being unbiased and just saying shit to seem like the most credible poster in this forum.Cummins should be without a job.End of discussion.

But I'm sure this member will hate the idea of his dad having to live off Centrelink payments so expect his greasy, pimpled up face to turn red as he types away more garbage from his parents' basement.

You are a sad bitter old fool with no concept of irony. But with a lovely tin foil hat.

TheFrog

Coach
I think its not so much penalties as 50/50 calls with him. There were a number of them in Sunday's game that didn't go our way, and a smaller number that did. He's a very skilful ref in my opinion but his problem is that he regularly favours certain teams over others. The referee bosses surely watch his games. This I believe is why he has never risen to the top of the tree and seems to be heading downwards even now.