What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 V Newcastle

Kilkenny

Coach
It is why I can't see over 7k being there

I think we’ll get over 10K on a nice Sunday afternoon. The majority of season ticket holders will turn up as they tend to do regardless of how we are travelling myself included.

If we were sitting in the lower half of the top 8 there would be 15K plus guaranteed but given how badly we have performed this season there will be a lot less than that. Shame.

At the very least the team owe it to the fans who do chose to turn up to put in maximum effort.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think we’ll get over 10K on a nice Sunday afternoon. The majority of season ticket holders will turn up as they tend to do regardless of how we are travelling myself included.

If we were sitting in the lower half of the top 8 there would be 15K plus guaranteed but given how badly we have performed this season there will be a lot less than that. Shame.

At the very least the team owe it to the fans who do chose to turn up to put in maximum effort.

I am a season ticket holder and I am asking myself what is the point? I can watch both games if I stay home...or I go there and look at an empty field and a team not put in

Kilkenny

Coach
Well whatever it is when Maloney and RCG go[/QUOT

Even if RCG leaves, which looks inevitable, I’m not sure we have any where near $2M.

I believe there is legs to the rumours we are paying part of DWZ & Blakes contracts in 2020 and almost certainly will be paying a significant chunk of RCG’s if he does go to the Dragons.

franklin2323

Immortal
I get it, I really do but at the end of the day you support your team thru thick and thin. That’s what supporters do.

It isn't just that one game. The standard this year has been poor. Not enough tries or big hits there is very few games I will watch this week or have over the past month

Kilkenny

Coach
It isn't just that one game. The standard this year has been poor. Not enough tries or big hits there is very few games I will watch this week or have over the past month

Sadly I have to agree I think the game as a whole is in the mess. It is robotic for the most part, predictable and that’s before the officials, bunker, MRC, or judiciary work there magic.

The NRL have a lot to do in this up coming off season to try and address some of the obvious issues which have been a blight on the game during 2019. Not sure they are up to it frankly.

Munted

Bench
Can't belive we lost 5 of our last 6 since 'the streak'. Have a fkn good look at yourselves.

franklin2323

Immortal
Sadly I have to agree I think the game as a whole is in the mess. It is robotic for the most part, predictable and that’s before the officials, bunker, MRC, or judiciary work there magic.

The NRL have a lot to do in this up coming off season to try and address some of the obvious issues which have been a blight on the game during 2019. Not sure they are up to it frankly.

They are making the NRL like they like u6's to be played and it is the best of the best. Those at home know that. I have Kayo and watching probably 5 games in mini form only. You know by the teams what games are worth watching or not

OldPanther

Coach
I got to personally meet Jimmy maloney through a good mate of mine i will be there to say goodbye i think its the right move by both club and player thanks for the memories jimmy wish you all the best in the future.

The super league has no idea what's about to hit them.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors

The NRL aren’t intrinsically motivated to better the game. The week in the lead up to round one their top five articles on their website were all just different variations of “we’re so sorry” in relation to the off season. They’re only concerned to do something when the media questions their morality.

It’s that sort of basic auto-pilot running of a sport that leads to garbage standard of play, refereeing and game running we’ve seen. It’s also the reason why it’s a near certainty we will lock in no expansion till 2028 at the earliest. Meaning we will not have expanded in 21 years despite the fact we still have major cities Adelaide and Perth to cover. Cities we also won’t have had a team in for three decades and they wouldn’t have done a single thing to build towards changing that ever since. Let me say that again, THREE DECADES.

If you want to improve standard of play among those other things, Beattie and Greenberg have to go. They’re an embarrassment. How you have so many more resources than the Super League yet still produce a product that can’t have better quality matches than them over 30% of the time is a damning indictment of how shit the more resourced competition administrator’s are(which I’m sure they’ll justify this by using the bullshit argument that there isn’t enough talent in rugby league). Unfortunately they’re not unique in their garbage output when compared to other administrators we have had. Surely there’s decent administrators somewhere.

GongPanther

Referee
Anyone know if there is a game on before first grade on Sunday. I see JF and CC are on Saturday so they cant play. The gates open at 2 on Sunday so is there some exposition game on or do we just sit and watch the Old Boys go around?

Is the JF televised?
Penrith reserve grade on Foxsports/Kayo on 10:45 a.m. Saturday. Newtown V Mounties after that game. Then there is 3 NRL games I'm not in the slightest interested in watching.

Go Maggies on Sunday's 2:00 p.m. game.

OldPanther

Coach
So....anything?

Or have we just resigned this to the whatevs category.

I don't think people care. We can't make the finals and we are playing a team who just sacked their coach. I've got my 50th anniversary jersey on today and will watch the game because I'm a tragic but it's pretty pointless.

Latest posts