What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 V Newcastle

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
We make the top four in 2015 if those injuries never happened. Absolute certainty. Even without Soward in round three against the Roosters it took a bogus disallowed try for them to scrape home. We had some great plays and it showed in the early rounds and it went to shit because our spine only played two games together and key players were getting season ending injuries.

mxlegend99

Referee
We make the top four in 2015 if those injuries never happened. Absolute certainty. Even without Soward in round three against the Roosters it took a bogus disallowed try for them to scrape home. We had some great plays and it showed in the early rounds and it went to shit because our spine only played two games together and key players were getting season ending injuries.
I wouldnt say it was a certainty. But its a huge shame we didnt get to see much of Moylan, Soward snd Segeyaro together in 2015.

We can blame our coaching and medical staff for not doing surgery on Soward in the off-season. That was probably the most costly decision we could have made.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
That was stupid but as soon as he came back and we had our full strength spine again against Parra at home, within the first ten minutes Moylan did permanent damage to his ankle which ended his year, Wallace was forced off with a concussion and Soward went off with his jersey acting as a sling for his arm. We got absolutely rooted by injuries that were out of our control.

Also Idris was outstanding at the beginning of the year, so good that if he kept that form up an Origin spot could have been his(not joking, he had an incredible start to the year) and he did his acl in round six against Manly.

Despite all of that Ivan got us to asshole out an 11th finish which is ridiculous considering we were using 14 year olds to fill out the team at the end of the year.

We make the top four that year with those injuries not happening. I can’t stress that enough. That comp was weaker than 2014 and we were definitely on track to improving from the previous year.

franklin2323

Immortal
I remember 2014 being good and 2015 starting the same until injury hit. I'm not sure how Ivan will go but there is some evidence we can go close.

Moylan and Soward having 18 try assists each helps. in 2016 Moylan and Brtyce went nuts but seems we go well when individuals fire up not as a team

Crashtest

Juniors
Moylan and Soward having 18 try assists each helps. in 2016 Moylan and Brtyce went nuts but seems we go well when individuals fire up not as a team

Its such a shit that both Moylan and Bryce went off the rails after that great year, and ended up released. We could do with both of their attacking skills right now, if they had been able to keep that form/attitude going and without all of the off field shit.

But given the off field dramas exposed this preseason, the culture issues at the club didn't change after they left - may of in fact gotten worse. Griffin would blame Gould, Gould would blame Griffin, but if they had communicated better maybe a lot of the issues could of been avoided.

OldPanther

Coach

There's no reason to separate try assists with coaching to such a degree. Best 2 coaches in the game have, Tedesco, Smith, Cronk, etc. Brooks got Dally M halfback of the year under Ivan. I think he knows what he's doing. The fact he's called out our attack shows a willingness to grow as a coach as well.

franklin2323

Immortal
There's no reason to separate try assists with coaching to such a degree. Best 2 coaches in the game have, Tedesco, Smith, Cronk, etc. Brooks got Dally M halfback of the year under Ivan. I think he knows what he's doing. The fact he's called out our attack shows a willingness to grow as a coach as well.

We will see but history shows he can't attack.

On Roosters as an example. Keary 25 Try assists, Cronk 15, Teddy 15, Mitchell 9 so it seems a little less one or 2 guys ours on the other hand, Have Maloney 18, Cleary 10, Luai 7 and then JFH...That is the issue need to get more options

franklin2323

Immortal
Its such a shit that both Moylan and Bryce went off the rails after that great year, and ended up released. We could do with both of their attacking skills right now, if they had been able to keep that form/attitude going and without all of the off field shit.

But given the off field dramas exposed this preseason, the culture issues at the club didn't change after they left - may of in fact gotten worse. Griffin would blame Gould, Gould would blame Griffin, but if they had communicated better maybe a lot of the issues could of been avoided.

Agreed. I am not a Ivan fan or a Dave O'Neill fan but the good thing is they are on the same side which may help

Panther Pete

Juniors
This right here is the thing for me. I think Cleary will be better without the dominant personality there.
Below is a link of a video on the Penrith Panthers site of the Captains Run before the Knights game and Maloney is miked up. He is constantly giving instructions to the team including Nathan so if that is any indication of what it’s like on the field there is absolutely no doubt Maloney is running the side. Maybe if Nathan takes over next year things might be different for us out there.
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/09/09/micd-up-james-maloney/

globalpanther

Juniors
W
We should've done better this season.

I truly hope fans react at the ballots and vote out O'Neill.

We can't get carried away by just missing the 8.

We went backwards in 2019 and O'Neill signing his mate instead of the calibre of coaches that were on offer were a big part of that.
Wow hasnt this aged well no wonder he doesn’t come on here anymore with his rubbish tweets