What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Sharks

SEAT 1A

Bench
We are 3 wins 8 losses v top 8 teams.
4 wins w 2 losses teams 9/12.
And 4/0 v teams 13/16.
Would hope we win this week.
The main factor for us is to get the 2 points.
Broncs v parra want Parra to win but don't want to give them any confidence for r26.

Thanks jeff.

Considering it's late in the season, and still in the eight shows where we are at. A few blowouts and a few disappointing loses however, we have doubled the wins from last year.

It's going to an upset if we beat the Sharks but should be able to continue with the above results.

TruSaint

Referee
Thanks jeff.

Considering it's late in the season, and still in the eight shows where we are at. A few blowouts and a few disappointing loses however, we have doubled the wins from last year.

It's going to an upset if we beat the Sharks but should be able to continue with the above results.

I had us just avoiding the spoon. Really did. With the roster at hand, some disgruntled players etc, Flanno has done a great job. We've been blown off the park at times, and our F&A is ugly, but to think that we may play finals footy is some feat.

I see our Club as 2-3 years away from competing with the best.
I didn't see that under any of our previous 3 full time coaches.

I had us just avoiding the spoon. Really did. With the roster at hand, some disgruntled players etc, Flanno has done a great job. We've been blown off the park at times, and our F&A is ugly, but to think that we may play finals footy is some feat.

Even less 1-2 years with RCG but................
The elephant in the room is Ben Hunt and/or potential replacement

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
If we hadnt got Leilua, I think RFM would be a decent 2nd rower this year, hes not bad when he starts and can find his groove... he just doesnt seem to come off the bench well.. and I assume we intend to play him in the middle.. I mean I dunno.. anyway it is what it is.. im sure there is some logic.. plz just no penalties or getting stripped etc.. same with Lawrie.
I'm not a fan of four forwards off the bench- having King Togia instead of the increasingly ineffectual Lawrie imo provides a better balance for the unforeseen scenarios (HIAs/sinbins etc) that can impact on both the backs as well as the forwards.

TheRev

Coach
I'm not a fan of four forwards off the bench- having King Togia instead of the increasingly ineffectual Lawrie imo provides a better balance for the unforeseen scenarios (HIAs/sinbins etc) that can impact on both the backs as well as the forwards.
Normally I agree for sure, and I think in 2025 once we have Cook.... I think we will run that utility. I think Flanno tried it most of the year with Marshcke/Brown/Muhleisen and just didnt like what they were bringing to the table... particularly at hooker.. their versatility is questionable also.

I also note that its games against big packs (penrith, storm, sharks etc) where Flanno seems to have decided that our best chance is to run an extra forward to make sure we dont lose that battle.. and take the risk that 1-2 back injuries might end us (depending who it is).

Toby & Ryan however can punch out big minutes if we need... so i think the days of running 4 forwards are almost over.

The other risk I think is Bird lasting 80 minutes.. maybe he feels ok with that after last week.. but I do want to see how he fares this week in a tougher game.

justadragon

Bench
Well here we go, another must win game, I equate our last win against the Titans as a win because our halves got on top, and we actually had no pressure on them in the first half and they managed the game in the second. This week they have Trindall back and he has always played well against the Dragons. If Hunt maintains his composure and actually plays to his potential then we might just get away with this one. If he is getting smashed then Bird will feel the need to do something and it will probably be a disaster. Let our forwards handle the up front stuff and protect our halves, this will be the key. Lomax and Sloan to shine, Dragons by 10 !!!

SEAT 1A

Bench

Thought we would be around 9-12. On last year's form, thought BNE, NZ and NTL would be higher at this time of year.

Will be interesting to see how the boy's handle themselves being in the mix with three rounds to go and in the hunt for finals unlike the last few years.

Latest posts