What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 Vs Cowboys @ QCB Stadium

Can't take much from it, Hard some bad calls and some fluke tries against us
They definitely got the bounce of the ball at some stages, but as you would imagine a different class.

I had not seen him before but I liked some of Cole’s touches; came on and got involved straight away, and showed some confidence.

Iamback

Coach
They definitely got the bounce of the ball at some stages, but as you would imagine a different class.

I had not seen him before but I liked some of Cole’s touches; came on and got involved straight away, and showed some confidence.

That Sin Bin was total rubbish while I am at it

Cole is very promising, Give him a couple of pre seasons and we will get a better idea of his long term role. 14 should be the aim next year

Hooked

Juniors
They are different side this is their year

Dude they lost to the joke of the league in the Tigers. And they lost to the Bulldogs.
And they keep losing to Souths.
Arthur has lost 4/6 finals games as coach.
I wouldn't be bragging about anything at the moment.

Last edited:

BxTom

Bench
I blocked you when you proclaimed ‘some people deserve disabled kids’. That type of ‘opinion ‘ I don’t like and I don’t need to see. Unfortunately though others respond to your posts and you then see them. At least the ignore function provides some moderation.

Some of your posts do show some insight but you have (seemingly deliberately) made yourself a caricature of the boorish football supporter. One of the ways you do this is by continually stating the same opinion over and over again. It’s soo monotonous…

And the continual bullying of the female members of the group isn’t cool. I note that we seem to have lost Dinky Di from our discussions, and the discussion is the worse for it.
Stupid Mug is just an attention seeker. Wish he'd get a life.

age.s

First Grade
The only thing that shits up the discussion here is the steady sniping and bickering at other posters. There are a few that provoke it, but way too many more get sucked in and engage in it. This place is great when people talk footy but wading through the bullshit person grudges is obnoxious and boring.

Murraymob1

Juniors
A few on here need to get a grip.we just played our reserve graders against the team running second and competed .there are several of the forwards who with better players around them will improve a lot.Jenkins looks promising hard to shine with what was against him and around him
Way more positives than negatives out of that game
The real footy starts this week .Beating parra would bring so much joy and money to the economy as sales of tissues would go through the roof

For someone that missed most of the game, what do we take from it in terms of depth options?

How were Cole, Jenkins, Henry, Turuva, Smith and Luke?
Cole - hardly any minutes, not enough to form an opinion one way or another.

Jenkins - Ok without being great. Huge drop in ability from Critta for those thinking we can just lose Critta and replace him with Jenkins.

Henry - Don’t remember much about his game possibly due to being outshone by L Smith and Blacker.

Turuva - Showed some signs but probably not ready for regular first grade.

L Smith - Best performance of any Panther. Looked really good.

C Smith - Very ordinary, not first grade standard.

Luke - Alarmingly bad. Absolute turnstile in defence and close to worst on ground.

Iamback

Coach

Jenkins - Ok without being great. Huge drop in ability from Critta for those thinking we can just lose Critta and replace him with Jenkins.

Henry - Don’t remember much about his game possibly due to being outshone by L Smith and Blacker.

Luke - Alarmingly bad. Absolute turnstile in defence and close to worst on ground.

Henry and Cole didn't miss a tackle or make an error

Henry ran for more metres than the starting backrowers combined. So for the short time he was on he was pretty good

I have 2 trains of thought on this, 1) Was this a reward for the NSW cup side for their 2022 efforts or 2) Was this an exercise to judge future players for the nest step up.
I am certainly not going to bag any player from last night they had no ball, plus the Amateur official didn't help much. How many rep players did the Cowboys have?

Iamback

Coach
I have 2 trains of thought on this, 1) Was this a reward for the NSW cup side for their 2022 efforts or 2) Was this an exercise to judge future players for the nest step up.
I am certainly not going to bag any player from last night they had no ball, plus the Amateur official didn't help much. How many rep players did the Cowboys have?

A bit of both, Hopgood leaving rules him out of column 2. The rest are here next year and given the comp starts earlier next year, After a World Cup. A few might be needed for the start of next year

I’d say neither. It was simply a case of resting the FG players and these guys were the next in line. If it was 2) we wouldn’t have bothered with SOS, Rennings, Hopgood who won’t be here next year.

Also tough assessment of the ref, the Sherminator has been one of the best all season.

Iamback

Coach
I’d say neither. It was simply a case of resting the FG players and these guys were the next in line. If it was 2) we wouldn’t have bothered with SOS, Rennings, Hopgood who won’t be here next year.

Also tough assessment of the ref, the Sherminator has been one of the best all season.

I wouldn't mind looking at how close Hopgood got, That was worth a bunker look. So ordinary passes let go. Certainly wasn't his better game.

The Sin bin was a garbage call but that was the bunker