What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs. Manly Discussion + Voting

renouf

Juniors
Strongest line-up for a while:

1 Corey Norman
2 Gerard Beale
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5 Josh Hoffman
6 Ben Hunt
7 Peter Wallace
8 Ben Hannant
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Petero Civoniceva
11 Ben Teo
12 Sam Thaiday (C)
13 Corey Parker
Interchange
14 Luke Capewell
15 Josh McGuire
16 Alex Glenn
17 Matt Gillett
18 Mitchell Dodds
19 Dunamis Lui
Coach Anthony Griffin

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Very happy to see Glenn and McGuire on the bench, I'd like to see Capewell and Lui drop off the bench for the game. McGuire and Glenn will give really good impact of the bench as will Gillett and Dodds will be solid as always.

Snappy

Coach
Massive game. If we can beat them at Brooky we'll be back on track and looking good for the finals.

Kiwi

First Grade
With the players we are getting back, if we beat manly a few teams higher up the ladder will be very nervous. Broncos do have the team still to win this comp

Bretto

Bench
Still don't know what the go is with picking Capewell on the bench?

If we play like we did last week against Melbourne, I think we'll be too strong for Manly this week. If we can win this one, then tidy up against Penrith next week, while it's not ideal, it does give us a good little run of form into the finals.

I just hope we don't go out there and play like busteds.

Come on boys!

JamesBrandy

Juniors
I still don't know why Capewell is on the bench. He isn't the bench utility player we need. We need someone like Baptiste to give Macca as rest. Last week towards the end of the first half it took Macca three or four tackle to just get back onside when the Storm kicked down our end of the field!

Big Pete

Referee
Great to see Glenn & Show back.

I wouldn't care if they played a cheerleader in 17, at this strength all we need is 16 players.

Big Pete

Referee
Well, it'd probably be better than Lui and I reckon she'd make a great decoy because the boys would go easy but you get my point!

I don't rate Capewell at all but really, let's focus on the positives for a change.

broncos2010

Juniors
If we don't win this one I think I will just about give up on our year from then on we need results to go our way and even if we do beat panthers which we probably will we will fall out week 1.

AceAv

Juniors
Yup this game is very much make or break. We had a few chances up our sleeve to pocket some wins, but failed. I expect the Broncos to give it everything they got in this one. You'll know how much they want to make the finals from there individual attitudes on the field. Looking forward to going to this now as opposed to a couple weeks ago coming off the Canberra game.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
We seriously run the risk of losing Baptiste if we keep sticking sh!twell in front of him. We can't really afford to given the lack of talent coming through.

It's going to be very tough, Manly are playing very well. If they play anything like they did in first half last week, we won't win. We are a chance though, we are playing much better than a few weeks ago.

I just wonder if we have enough points in us to win the game. Manly will put a few tries on, no doubt about that.

some11

Referee
McCullough should be playing 80 minutes next year anyway so we don't waste an interchange on a backup hooker.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
McGuire is the big inclusion. Your star forward pack got dominated by a bunch of Melbourne nuffies (excluding Smith) in the second half last week.

unbreaK

Juniors
Dunno how McG went from out 6-8 weeks to out 1 week.

In before he gets poked in the eye and loses his vision permanently and has to retire.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
This is shaping up to be one hell of a match. Do or die for us and if (when) Manly loses they could be outta the top 4 if (when) the Cowboys win Saturday night. Will be good to see Toovey spitting chips again and i hope we shove this win where it hurts the most, @ the "Mighty Brooky"!:p
The wolfman looks out and maybe co-captain Jason King so I just hope we keep improving and put up a great fight and get over the line. Good to see a full strength pack for us and hopefully Capwell lifts as well! Should be a blinder. Go the Broncs!

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
McCullough should be playing 80 minutes next year anyway so we don't waste an interchange on a backup hooker.

My opinion is that Baptiste is a better hooker than McCullough. It's hard to compare, as Baptiste has played against inferior opposition. But from from I've seen, that is my gut feeling.

Big Pete

Referee
The only aspect Baptiste has McCullough covered is his running game.

Service, defence, kicking etc. is all Macca.

Latest posts