What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs. Manly Discussion + Voting

Bretto

Bench
I don't understand how can we can go from playing like we have for the last 2 weeks, to playing like that tonight. It has to be an attitude thing...

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Seriously though. Lockyer didn't just leave a hole in the team. He left a massive crater.

Mate, I predicted that in the pre-season and I was shouted down as a shit stirrer and a slack fan.

It's only now, when the pressure is well and truly on this young and easily spooked side, that Lockyers leadership would have kept them in line. In that regard, he has left a crater the Moon would be proud to bear on its surface.

Last edited:

ThePearl

Juniors
We look slow. We have no set plays. We need to hire someone during the off season to teach the boys how to attack.

Big Pete

Referee
We just looked a spent force out there. Low on enthusiasm & just physically so much weaker than Manly. They smelt blood in the water and put us away quite quickly and it was all over.

From there it was just painful to watch. Brisbane just had no confidence, no spark and were going through the motions because there was nothing inspirational. It was sad to watch Manly clearly put the cue in the rack and just defend their line seamlessly despite wave after wave of attack.

Watching Norman take the ball dead instead of bringing it back into the field of play summed it up for me. That play didn't lose us the game but it just showed where the team was up. Sad.

Just sucks because I spent all week looking forward to that game and to get dished up that was...terrible.

3. Justin Hodges
2. Jack Reed
1. Ben Hannant

AceAv

Juniors
That's right pearl.. No set plays and when we decided to go for a half chance we looked ok. Coming from the game I can safely say manly out played us. We don't have the ability to improvise and capitalise on our half chances.. Didn't see Wallace do anything bad tonight, kicking and passing was good.

We're too predictable in the end. Was pretty poor meters up the middle and our only real good back is hodgo. The bronx simply arnt a great team this year. And don't get me started on those canary yellow jerseys Lol!

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Norman back to 5/8th. Beale to fullback. Drop Wallace and give baptiste the 7 jumper. Whitchurch to the wing. Can't be any worse than that total shit served up tonight. Griffin needs to be asked some tough questions about whatever game plan that was.

Nerd

Bench
We just looked lost whenever we got near the try line. I love how the commentators every week talk up the other teams defence on the line when in reality there is nothing being asked of them.

If Wallace isn't going to lead the attack near the line then why not just drop him and stick another forward in and play a power game. Couldn't hurt in our defence near the line as Wallace in the last 2 weeks is 2 misses for 2 tries.

3. Hodges
2. Reed
1. Glenn

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
We just looked lost whenever we got near the try line. I love how the commentators every week talk up the other teams defence on the line when in reality there is nothing being asked of them.

THIS ^^^

Note that this is not the first time we have looked lost. Even when we were winning games we looked lost at times, and I did mention this at the time but others didn't buy it. Other teams simply have the Broncs 1 or 2 plays all figured out now, I don't think Manly even cared who had the ball in the second half, it's not like we were going to score a try. We didn't even look like scoring a try, basically for the entire game.

It's just so hard to watch... Barring Hodges, we have a team of solid at best players. Even Thaiday is pretty weak now. No-one really has much skill level and we don't have anyone with any speed.

You could talk about dropping players etc, but this is essentially our best 17, that's all we've got I'm afraid.

5. Glenn for scoring the try and easily being our best forward
1. Hodges (I swear he is making better hit ups then our props!)

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Hey I just figured that with the way you people talk about him like he's the second coming, I figured he'd actually, you know, perform well and be somewhat memorable other than "that really short guy".

hmmm... I'm a pretty bit fan of Baptiste, there might be a couple of others, but apart from that I think you might be over-stating the "love" for him on here...

lockyno1

Post Whore
This is what happens when you rely on a 5/8th at halfback and a halfback at 5/8th...not to mention a 5/8th at fullback. Dump Wallace, honestly he has been so bad it is not funny! Surely and I mean SURELY there is a half creative QLD half out there in the QLD Cup, he can't be any worse than Wallace...and we are paying 400K for this lemon!

lockyno1

Post Whore
If Wallace is our Halfback next year, I'll strongly consider a boycott.

Shane Perry was more creative and that is saying something. Put Ben Hunt at halfback and Norman at 5/8th. It is the best we have got and then go after a halfback, I don't care if he is from England, QLD Cup, or whatever.

00digger00

Juniors
I can't rememeber one play last night where we seriously looked like getting across the line. There was zero effort from the kick off. Pineapples need to be issued to everyone that pulled in a jersey last night.
Hodgo 3
Reed 1
Teo 1
Beale1
It's a shame to see Teo and Beale go next year. From the looks they are the only ones having a dig.

Behold

Juniors
2. Hodges
2. Hunt
1. Glenn
1. Te'o

Hunt was a machine in defence last night, they ran their big boys at him all night long, he stuck the shoulder in and if got bounced off he came back for more, if only the forwards defended like that. Too many players carrying injuries in the forward pack not enough early set go forward from the back three. Hoffman back to fullback please! Copley back onto the wing. Our long kicking game was the best it has been in a while but I think thats more to do with B Stewart being the worst positional fullback in the NRL. I think we can flip a coin to decide who plays left half next week between Wallace and Norman, I'd pick Norman particularly if Thaiday is going to continue to get our halves smashed thinking he should pass instead of taking it into contact and Norman unlike Wallace looks like he could break a tackle. Capewell again brought nothing off the bench time for a 4 forward bench or maybe stick wallace on there.

Nevcost

Juniors
Honestly what does Griffin see in Blunt Hunt, at least Wallace had 1 or 2 good kicks. What does Hunt offer exactly besides dropping the ball and passing to no one.

qld aussie

Juniors
If that is as much as a coach can motivate a team to play we are in big trouble. We played a semi final last year against the same team with the same result. We looked allrigght for the first 7 mins before our defence turned it up with no line speed and no f........n mongrel. FFs do we not talk in D because teams continually walk up the field when they play us!!!!
Totally inept performance considering we were playing to stay in the eight.

Country Bronco

Juniors
THIS ^^^

Note that this is not the first time we have looked lost. Even when we were winning games we looked lost at times, and I did mention this at the time but others didn't buy it. Other teams simply have the Broncs 1 or 2 plays all figured out now, I don't think Manly even cared who had the ball in the second half, it's not like we were going to score a try. We didn't even look like scoring a try, basically for the entire game.

It's just so hard to watch... Barring Hodges, we have a team of solid at best players. Even Thaiday is pretty weak now. No-one really has much skill level and we don't have anyone with any speed.

You could talk about dropping players etc, but this is essentially our best 17, that's all we've got I'm afraid.

5. Glenn for scoring the try and easily being our best forward
1. Hodges (I swear he is making better hit ups then our props!)

GTB, I totally agree with you. I don't comment much on here anymore cause its like talking to a brick wall. As for the Broncos game last night there is little to add. I know the channel nine commentators mentioned about the speed of which the Manly side have around the play the ball in attack compared to the broncos and I agree with this. I think its crucial to have players in motion that have intent and carry the possibility that may receive the ball unexpectedly but will create something from that.

Latest posts