What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs. Warriors Discussion + Voting

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Whats wrong with Teo at Front Row. Henjak is just trying to accommodate all of the back rowers into one team and its probably the only way he can do it. But Kenny will probably start there and Teo will drop back to bench as Dodds gets pushed off it.

I feel bad for Dodds he does so much good work in defence but just doesn't make enough metres going forward to warrant keeping his bench spot hopefully he will pack on a few kilo's over the off season and come good next year.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
5. Folau
1. Hoffman

An extremely inept display both in attack and defence. What exactly do these guys do at training? Still not moving up off the line in defence and not hitting hard enough. Attack, nothing doing... Folau is a one man team at the moment!

Players that were in such good form, Teo, Gillette and Thaiday all really struggling. Wallace, has he played a good game all season? tbh I felt more bloody comfortable when he was off the field and Hunt was at halfback. Norman needs to get more involved, otherwise whats the point?

Wish they could just tell us they're not going to turn up before the game so we don't have to sit through 80 mins of that crap.

Big Pete

Referee
God really hates you Dr. Zoidberg!

3. Israel Folau
2. Josh Hoffman
1. Corey Parker

Special Mention: Ben Hunt and Antonio Winterstein.

That performance was reminiscent of our start to the season where we would generally compound an error and let the opposition race in a series of quick tries. There's just no urgency in defence and no respect for their own try line. We've clearly got the talent to match it, we've just lost our way as a team and aren't playing with any confidence in attack or defence.

Also a big FU to Channel 9 for not only refusing to show it live but for also not allowing any local station access to the coverage. The NRL really need to do something about this in the future. It's BS that most of us had to wait for a delayed coverage.

Also good work GTB. A lot of fans wussed out from watching the game when they saw the score. At least you stuck around.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Good posts GTB and BP. You pretty well summed up my thoughts.

I guess I was one of the select few that didn't know the score and watched channel 9 coverage. Silly me!!! even thought at halftime that we could race down 24 points. (Attack) Only if our forwards started to hit the ball as close to being a forward pass but not and making the advantage line. Also not being so lateral which goes back to our halves.(Defence) Line speed and complete line. Last but not least communication. Noone seems to be talking out there. I know it was wishful thinking but I am a diehard fan and even when the chips are down, I still support them.

Now the 3,2,1.

3 Folau
2 Hoffman
1 Hunt

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I checked foxsports at halftime, and it confirmed how I thought the match would end up.

3. Hoffman
2. Parker
1. Folau

Brisbane defended with a line speed and intensity that Betty White could beat. Wallace is an absolute passenger at the moment - Shane Perry was better.

For that performance, I have no other words.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Hey guys, Warriors fan here.
Just came by to offer some good luck next week against the Raiders. I like your mob and the majority of your supporters.
If you do miss out this year, you guys will be back next year, no doubt about it.

Ill rate your 3-2-1 as well

3 - Folou
2 - Thaiday - Obviously playing injured, he put in 120% and stood out imo.
1 - Glenn

Broncs4ever

Juniors
Well done IH, great motivational speach as seen on national TV - "if we don't get into the top 8, it's not the end of the world" really had them fired up last night. The extra comment thown in that "Wallace had to step up" also worked a treat!!! We played a lot better the second half without him, well done Ben Hunt. I watched the game without knowing the score. By the end of the first half I thought we were looking at a 50+ - 0 score line. Defence (again) was wtf, attack most of the time woeful, Izzy Folau is good, very good, FFS give him the ball.
Sam Thaiday - magic as always. Most of the others had their moments - just not getting it together as a team. Warriors crowd really got behind their players and was a credit to them. Refs were fair.

hattori hanzo

Juniors
I was totally disgusted this is the first Broncos game in 20 odd years that I have stopped watching half way through. It was a heartless performance in defence across the park and the forwards need to grow a set and hit the ball up. Honestly that was poor, to lose to the better team is one thing but to not even turn up and have a dig when the season is on the line is not on.

2. Folau
1. Dodds

jdbronco

Juniors
Very disappointing stuff. Some of the tries we let in were like under 7s defence. Very very soft.
And Peter Wallace. Lead the way ffs. Absolutely shocking.

3- Folau
2- Hunt
1- Thaiday

lockyno1

Post Whore
Go superstar Wallace...gun halfback we have there

Fair dinkum, has the creative nous of a dead dog.

Without Lockyer we are very ordinary, but it would help if the halfback tried something. Put Hunt at 7, Norman at 6, and go from there.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Couldn't be any worse..hell they might be more creative. Said it at the time, Wallace is no more than solid. You don't offer $300,000 for a solid halfback. We should have kept Tim Smith, at the very least he creates tries.

lockyno1

Post Whore
A Tim Smith controlled side at 7 scored more points in one week than a Wallace controlled side scored in 2 weeks. The bloke is a spud!

beads6

First Grade
A Tim Smith controlled side at 7 scored more points in one week than a Wallace controlled side scored in 2 weeks. The bloke is a spud!

Get over it, Tim Smith is just as crap as Wallace. Except Wallace can tackle and has played Origin.:crazy:

lockyno1

Post Whore
A dead dog can play Origin for NSW at the moment. He is ordinary..and we paid 300K for him!

Big Pete

Referee

Tim Smith is also extremely ordinary, in fact there are some days where he's been the worst player in the comp.

I know you love tearing Wallace down as soon as you get a chance, but drop the Smith would be better act. If you've actually seen him play this season he's been woeful.

renouf

Juniors
We'll never know, imo Tim Smith would have gone better at 7 with Lockyer playing next to him, not that Barrett is a bad player.