What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v Souffs

Michael Matral

Juniors
Takeaways:

Effort - overall the side put in considerably more effort this week than last week.

Selections - Alamoti and Turuva played solid to good games. Alamoti especially looked threatening each time he took a run.

Defence - sure Souths are weakened but to only concede a kick try and an intercept try while holding the defensive line inside their own 20m was good to see.

Yeo - Dally M smokey, surely.

Garner - 2nd game back and it’s good to see him starting to hit his straps after a lengthy lay off.

Polish - still not there, very clunky in attack and at times trying to force one more unnecessary pass instead of taking ground and resetting. Need to fix that up and play more direct, through the middle.

Discipline - still requires work. They have a week to fix it up.

Enjoy the win Panthers fans.
That's a pretty fair assessment.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'd still come finals carry Laurie game 1.
If games in balance Dylan stays on but if result looks dome with 15-20 to go you rest him. I'd say he needs surgery and it's about nursing him thru the rest of the season.

MugaB

Coach
Fair point. Garner does cover centre.
Daine can do a job, but Jesus's he has drops in him, aswell being a defensive liability, at starting fullback fine, completely fine, anywhere else useless as cover, explosive attack is great, but we value defensive above all else

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Ivan has a 0% success rate of injecting Laurie into a game from 14.

If Soro and Garner are fit if be tempted to play Sommerton at 14 but with Nathan's biscuit body Trent will get the gig

Crashtest

Juniors
I think there might be others rested. The balance is tricky for next week I don't like full strength in the last match when the real test comes the week after.

Ivan was asked in the presser if he will rest players next week now they have a top 4 spot locked in, and he said he wouldn’t because he wants them to play well next week before heading into the finals and they still have things they need to get better at.

So I don’t think there will be anyone rested next week unless injured.

Fangs

Coach
Ivan was asked in the presser if he will rest players next week now they have a top 4 spot locked in, and he said he wouldn’t because he wants them to play well next week before heading into the finals and they still have things they need to get better at.

So I don’t think there will be anyone rested next week unless injured.

That is just a bit of foxing from Ivan doesn't want to give Des any clues for next week.

Iamback

Coach
Ivan has a 0% success rate of injecting Laurie into a game from 14.

If Soro and Garner are fit if be tempted to play Sommerton at 14 but with Nathan's biscuit body Trent will get the gig

Sommerton played pretty good at 13 in Cup yesterday. That does the Trent job and gets minutes as a running forward too. Hopefully that comes an option next year

Latest posts