What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v The Eels

Girds89

Bench
You said that he did rest our players smartly. As in, you know better, that’s very Judgy.

iongi isn’t ready, so if that’s what you honestly thought, you’re not off to a good start.

I don’t think he’ll pick Cogger at 6, he wasn’t happy with the team performance last time he did that.

My guess is, Salmon at 6, with Kenny back they’ll play a power game and load the right side.

I think Soni will be playing longer minutes. He may even start next week, that’s what I’ve heard anyway. Might change now that Luai is injured.

No..... oh no lukey boy...

I said iongi is more ready than mclean... i never said neither was ready hahah...

I said iongi has been nsw cup best all year...

I said before a ball was kicked it hurts our defence more to move the best defensive centre im the game than bring in a fb...

Cogger will be the 6

Fangs

Coach
I wonder if the best 17 runs out against the cows next week, or if Ivan gives some of the forwards a rest. Unless the Wahs win both their games by 80 points we can't go lower than second anyway.

My thoughts were as such before the game.

Not now. Martin had an excellent game but wasn't sold on Leota. He needs another run. Play the same pack unless Sorensen and Kenny come back.

chrisD

Coach
The problem is you risk losing momentum, letting losing habits and thoughts start creeping into player's heads. And that the Broncos are going to win something this season.

Salmon over Cogger, because despite their differences in size and natural positions somehow Salmon is less likely to get ran around by Walsh and Ponga than Cogger is.

And Garner put in a Tigers effort.

Last edited:

Girds89

Bench
Some of you just aren't used to losing how many bandwagoners do we have here?
This 17 will be completely different to week 1. Harden up merkins
1-17 even without jerome we are a great team...

My concern isnt blokes like mclean..

I couldn't care if he let in tries tonight...

Im disappointed in naths kicking game as i have been for over a month..

He is out of touch amd needs to find form quick

Iamback

Coach
Mmm.

Not keen on wake up calls at this point in the season.

I think we've been awake since Cleary returned. Tonight a misstep. But we are all good.

In our last 2 months

We had to score 2 late tries to beat the Dolphins.

Won the 2nd half v Storm 6-0

very lucky to be 12-12 with Manly at halftime

Last week with 15 to go. We were up 22-14 ( 10 of those came v 12 men

Then tonight.

We are cruising in 3rd gear, looking towards the finals. Now we will put in the work and improve where it is needed

Iamback

Coach
1-17 even without jerome we are a great team...

My concern isnt blokes like mclean..

I couldn't care if he let in tries tonight...

Im disappointed in naths kicking game as i have been for over a month..

He is out of touch amd needs to find form quick

At the game. Someone mentioned Luai took over when he was injured and Cleary never took back the keys to the team.

Now he will have too and we that gets us the 3peat

Luke Bowden

First Grade
No..... oh no lukey boy...

I said iongi is more ready than mclean... i never said neither was ready hahah...

I said iongi has been nsw cup best all year...

I said before a ball was kicked it hurts our defence more to move the best defensive centre im the game than bring in a fb...

Cogger will be the 6
Iongi isn’t more ready than McLean and you think he’s been our best, you haven’t watched much, Liam Henry has been our best at Cup.

This was a nothing game, as is next week, Ivan picked a team that reflects that fact.

The injury to Luai is all that matters out of that game and shit happens.

McLean is genuinely ready and did fine, he’ll get plenty of game time next year. Bizza let him down all night.

Stop panicking for once, maybe people will listen to what you have to say.

I probably won’t, but someone might…. Maybe….

tripster

Juniors
I agree with Chris that we should select Salmon at 6 over Cogger. Salmon was surprisingly good in that position during Origin and his defence is better than Cogger.

The Realist

Juniors
Salmon will be 6 I think. We can still defend our way to a title again

Salmons fitness worries me. When he plays 2nd row he is blowing after 15-20 mins.

In the game against the Cowboys at #6, he was a champion for 40 minutes - then went missing in the next 50.

Luai is an excellent defender - is quick and moves extremely well laterally which means he is there to cover the half gaps and mini breaks the opposition make. In those same instances Salmon's lumbering frame is a few metres back struggling to get onside.

Girds89

Bench
Iongi isn’t more ready than McLean and you think he’s been our best, you haven’t watched much, Liam Henry has been our best at Cup.

This was a nothing game, as is next week, Ivan picked a team that reflects that fact.

The injury to Luai is all that matters out of that game and shit happens.

McLean is genuinely ready and did fine, he’ll get plenty of game time next year. Bizza let him down all night.

Stop panicking for once, maybe people will listen to what you have to say.

I probably won’t, but someone might…. Maybe….

Man... have you actually read my posts...

Obviously not as ive said as much this last week..

Your personal vendetta is embarrassing now

Kilkenny

Coach
Tonight’s result and performance should not have been a surprise to anybody.

The Eels other than Moses were at full strength, playing with nothing to lose, a good side at there best they were far to good.

Im not sure why we are beating ourselves up so much, other than the usual suspects who suggest we are so dominant we win by 60 Each and every week.

The fact if the matter is, some on here have promoted this myth, we are unbeatable, and as tonight demonstrated we are not infallible. Vastly under strength tonight and we got shown up, and now likely to be without Jerome for the rest of the season.

Yes the usual suspects will single out certain players as not being good enough etc but you cant have it both ways.

Pick our best 17 against the Cowboys from whomever is close to 100% fit and hopefully an improved performance will flow off the back of that.

Latest posts