What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v The Eels

Fangs

Coach
That is what they need, we have been just cruising. A wakeup call is always good

Mmm.

Not keen on wake up calls at this point in the season.

I think we've been awake since Cleary returned. Tonight a misstep. But we are all good.

WestyLife

First Grade
4 tries to mika sivo says otherwise, every one of them, jesse jumps the gun goes early, to'o gets stripped, has to go early too, sivo is free on his own.
We lost coz mclean didn't hold long enough

To'o has been doing it for a while now and it's being saved by cover defence so much so I assumed it was deliberately part of the system.

MugaB

Coach
He's 18. He was at fault but that's just growth. Nothing vindictive about it
I agree, but we lost coz that what he did, blame ivan for putting him out there, i don't blame the kid, im just looking at why we ket 4 tries in that same edge multiple times, once is fine, twice is troubling, and fix needs to be made, but four times, the game is over

The Realist

Juniors
I said at Half time that it was the worst I have ever seen To'o ever play. After half time, he got worse and worse. It wasn't just the bad defensive reads - it was his failure to contest the high ball numerous times and his failures when he did.

He could have run for 400 metres in the game and it wouldn't have mattered. He was the worst player on the field - it hurts to say that as he is my favourite player. I don't know whether it was his rest from last week throwing him out of rythme, or seeing his best friend injured but it was a one man horror show.

Our forwards were generally dominated - and with 2 of our outside back metre eaters also missing, they couldn't compensate. Seeing Soni Luke defending for extended periods makes my eyes nearly bleed. Every opposition player runs at him and makes big metres and gets quick PTB's. His defence is just not up to NRL standard in any position, yet alone a tackle heavy and important defensive position like Hooker.

Nathan always puts in good effort - but in his main task of orchestrating plays, putting players into gaps, leading the team etc he was awful.

And WHAT IN THE LIVING HELL are we doing at training when contesting drop outs and even bombs? We are a disorganised shambles at this. I swear we are one of the worst teams at this and have been for years.

Yes - we had a bunch of players out. Yes, we had Luai injured early on but that game was not good and has me nervous. If I was on the coaching staff of a few of the other contenders - I'd be licking my lips at some of the weaknesses and short comings of this Panthers team.

The only positive I can see is that if there is any time to get a wake up call - now is it.

Girds89

Bench
Exactly… that’s why I’d never judge him.
When have i??????

I said luai is out for a minimum few weeks and ur at me lol...

Ive said multiple times this year om here ivan deseves respect for what hes done....

I think iongi should've been fb tonight... i think that was proven right...

But ill back ivan

Getting cogger up to scratch at 6 now will be what turns him from trent Robinson to wayne bennett imo..

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We played poor tonight and the last few games

But no Edwards
No Turuva - So our sets started poor
Both centres not there.
Hooker - wraps up offloads.

So full strength we jag a win tonight...

Though we have a pissed off team of winners now, No one is still getting near us without Luai. So it allows us to not rush him
At full strength we put 50 on them

Girds89

Bench
I said at Half time that it was the worst I have ever seen To'o ever play. After half time, he got worse and worse. It wasn't just the bad defensive reads - it was his failure to contest the high ball numerous times and his failures when he did.

He could have run for 400 metres in the game and it wouldn't have mattered. He was the worst player on the field - it hurts to say that as he is my favourite player. I don't know whether it was his rest from last week throwing him out of rythme, or seeing his best friend injured but it was a one man horror show.

Our forwards were generally dominated - and without 2 of our outside back metre eaters also missing, they couldn't compensate. Seeing Soni Luke defending for extended periods makes my eyes nearly bleed. Every opposition player runs at him and makes big metres and gets quick PTB's. His defence is just not up to NRL standard in any position, yet alone a tackle heavy and important defensive position like Hooker.

Nathan always puts in good effort - but in his main task of orchestrating plays, putting players into gaps, leading the team etc he was awful.

And WHAT IN THE LIVING HELL are we doing at training when contesting drop outs and even bombs? We are a disorganised shambles at this. I swear we are one of the worst teams at this and have been for years.

Yes - we had a bunch of players out. Yes, we had Luai injured early on but that game was not good and has me nervous. I was the the coaching staff of a few of the other contenders - I'd be licking my lips at some of the weaknesses and short comings of this PAnthers team.

The only positive I can see is that if there is any time to get a wake up call - now is it.

Easily the most realistic assessment ive read on the game yet...

No bias..

Just facts

MugaB

Coach
Easily the most realistic assessment ive read on the game yet...

No bias..

Just facts
No bias?
He litterally said To'o is his favourite player

Oh oh oh and we are all reviewing the panthers game we just watched, and WE ARE ALL PANTHERS FANS no bias my arse!!!

Next time just say i agree with this, not no bias ffs

....thats it im done!!!

Luke Bowden

First Grade
When have i??????

I said luai is out for a minimum few weeks and ur at me lol...

Ive said multiple times this year om here ivan deseves respect for what hes done....

I think iongi should've been fb tonight... i think that was proven right...

But ill back ivan

Getting cogger up to scratch at 6 now will be what turns him from trent Robinson to wayne bennett imo..

You said that he didnt rest our players smartly. As in, you know better, that’s very Judgy.

iongi isn’t ready, so if that’s what you honestly thought, you’re not off to a good start.

I don’t think he’ll pick Cogger at 6, he wasn’t happy with the team performance last time he did that.

My guess is, Salmon at 6, with Kenny back they’ll play a power game and load the right side.

I think Soni will be playing longer minutes. He may even start next week, that’s what I’ve heard anyway. Might change now that Luai is injured.

Girds89

Bench
No bias?
He litterally said To'o is his favourite player

Oh oh oh and we are all reviewing the panthers game we just watched, and WE ARE ALL PANTHERS FANS no bias my arse!!!

....thats it im done!!!
Yep and he had a shocker

Chins get the wins

First Grade
You said that he did rest our players smartly. As in, you know better, that’s very Judgy.

iongi isn’t ready, so if that’s what you honestly thought, you’re not off to a good start.

I don’t think he’ll pick Cogger at 6, he wasn’t happy with the team performance last time he did that.

My guess is, Salmon at 6, with Kenny back they’ll play a power game and load the right side.

I think Soni will be playing longer minutes. He may even start next week, that’s what I’ve heard anyway. Might change now that Luai is injured.
Salmon will be 6 I think. We can still defend our way to a title again

PennyPanthers81

Juniors
I wonder if the best 17 runs out against the cows next week, or if Ivan gives some of the forwards a rest. Unless the Wahs win both their games by 80 points we can't go lower than second anyway.