What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v The Eels

Iamback

Coach
Yeah ...don't so, keeping the guys in their normal positions on field and sprinkling the rookies around them might work better, i know cogger is in at hooker, but the others... idk ivan might just be making the game interesting

Cogger at hooker would be to look at him there so could play him at 14, Hosking has had centre experience. Meaning Cogger could cover 9, 6, 7 and you have every position covered

So the selections make sense.

McLean won't play this year but it gives another centre option next year

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Cogger at hooker would be to look at him there so could play him at 14, Hosking has had centre experience. Meaning Cogger could cover 9, 6, 7 and you have every position covered

So the selections make sense.

McLean won't play this year but it gives another centre option next year

Cogger is most likely playing 9 because it causes less disruption to our finals prep.

He’ll slide out as soon as Kenny is fit.

betcats

Referee
I don’t mind cogger at hooker. He can run and pass well enough defensively he’s probably on par with simmerton, has a decent kicking game. If Kenny gets injured I’d probably feel more comfortable with cogger in a finals game then sommerton(at this stage of his career). Sommerton will push for the bench spot next year, I think he can be a good nrl hooker but right now cogger is just a bit more up to speed with the nrl.

Iamback

Coach
I don’t mind cogger at hooker. He can run and pass well enough defensively he’s probably on par with simmerton, has a decent kicking game. If Kenny gets injured I’d probably feel more comfortable with cogger in a finals game then sommerton(at this stage of his career). Sommerton will push for the bench spot next year, I think he can be a good nrl hooker but right now cogger is just a bit more up to speed with the nrl.

Both have ordinary defence.

You pick Sommerton to look towards next year.

Cogger is there for the finals just incase, Another bench option too now is always good

Luke Bowden

First Grade
That was pretty clear from his game against Manly. With a strong pre-season he will push Kenny and Luke imo
Yeah, maybe, we’ll see, he’s got some work to do. He needs to spend some time in the gym. He’ll need to be able to whack people like Kenny does.

I don’t think he’s not deceptive enough to go that way, power is his go.

I like Sommo a lot, so I hope he makes it.

betcats

Referee
Both have ordinary defence.

You pick Sommerton to look towards next year.

Cogger is there for the finals just incase, Another bench option too now is always good

At this point I think we just focus on who gives us the best chance at winning now. And by now I dont mean the next two games but in the finals. To me right now if Kenny goes down I think Cogger is the better win now option for the finals. The couple starts he is getting may make all the difference if he is needed in the finals.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
It’s a massive game for the Cup side this week. I wouldn’t have been surprised if Soni and Sommo switched.

betcats

Referee
Cogger isn't a FGer either, Defence is poor but playing him gives options for the finals, As opposed to building for next year

Would much rather they be focused on the finals then building for next year at this point. Plenty of time to build for next year. Sommerton got a taste, has played all year in cup. If he is going to kick on from here it will be what he does outside of games at training rather then a extra game or two in the nrl now.

Iamback

Coach
At this point I think we just focus on who gives us the best chance at winning now. And by now I dont mean the next two games but in the finals. To me right now if Kenny goes down I think Cogger is the better win now option for the finals. The couple starts he is getting may make all the difference if he is needed in the finals.

Which is why Cogger is the likely 14.

Tago's injury didn't allow Peachey a chance to show what he has there

Iamback

Coach
We can worry about next year in the pre season. The only thing that matters now is winning 3 finals games on the trot. Nothing else really matters right now.

Not sure McLean is a right now selection, I think a bit of both is best. Less pressure for guys coming into the side