What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v The Eels

soc123_au

Staff member
Not sure McLean is a right now selection, I think a bit of both is best. Less pressure for guys coming into the side
That's more about giving Dyl a rest. As mentioned earlier he will likely play centre anyway. The little taste giving him a headstart for next year is just a bonus.

Iamback

Coach
That's more about giving Dyl a rest. As mentioned earlier he will likely play centre anyway. The little taste giving him a headstart for next year is just a bonus.

Don't get me wrong, I like the call but Garner and Hosking have both played centre before. 1 of them may need to play centre in a finals game

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s become obvious the issue with Tago is a significant concern and there are no guarantees he will get back on the field or be near 100%. Blooding McLean is insurance just in case some thing unforseen happens to either Crichton or Peachy. I think Iongi in a different scenario would have been handed his debut but given Tago situation priorities have changed.

Iamback

Coach
It’s become obvious the issue with Tago is a significant concern and there are no guarantees he will get back on the field or be near 100%. Blooding McLean is insurance just in case some thing unforseen happens to either Crichton or Peachy. I think Iongi in a different scenario would have been handed his debut but given Tago situation priorities have changed.

Ivan said in the presser. The injured guys would play if it was a GF, So the club is just being cautious

Fangs

Coach
Broncos aren't beating the Storm next week. So we still should play them week 1

Big call.

I mean Melbourne have been hot and cold all year. A lot rides on the Raiders game too. If there is an upset then Kevvie will have them play a virtual grand final next week.

Great for us. And I'd welcome a Broncos first round clash. We get the week off and they do it the tough way playing an extra game in the finals.

Fangs

Coach
win tonight and next week - another Trophy is the target - you play to win trophies

dont underestimate a minor prem - the best consistent team over the season - something that is very underrated in Australia and should be held in higher regard

I agree. Doesn't get the praise it should.

I feel similarly about the Dally M team of the year. Its essentially all about whoever wins the Dally M medal but we know that it rules out a large number of players. Its a spine only award sometimes won by a forward (Only done once in the last 20 years, and that year Taumalolo tied with Cooper Cronk anyway).

Different discussion but greater attention should be drawn to the team of the year. In my mind I'd get rid of an overall winner but people would hate that.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

They are just being cautious with Tago, like they were with Martin earlier in the year. Why risk him now, nothing to gain, everything to lose.

Iamback

Coach
Big call.

I mean Melbourne have been hot and cold all year. A lot rides on the Raiders game too. If there is an upset then Kevvie will have them play a virtual grand final next week.

Great for us. And I'd welcome a Broncos first round clash. We get the week off and they do it the tough way playing an extra game in the finals.

No Reynolds.

Melbourne will ramp up to get ready for finals, Papenhuyzen fixes that plodder at FB issue they currently have too

Big call.

Broncos (or us) can’t fall to fourth, so us playing the Broncs in week 1 would require the Warriors to overcome a c200 f/a differential and both the Broncs and us losing both games.

No way we play the Broncs week 1.

Fangs

Coach
No Reynolds.

Melbourne will ramp up to get ready for finals, Papenhuyzen fixes that plodder at FB issue they currently have too

No guarantees on either here. I think the Reynolds decision is hinging on this week's game against the Raiders. Not really about surring up their spot in the 4. I don't think Kevvie will allow Brisbane to go 0-2 into the finals so Reynolds will play.

We have no idea what Papenhuyzen is going to offer either. Hasn't played first grade in over 13 months.

Fangs

Coach
Broncos (or us) can’t fall to fourth, so us playing the Broncs in week 1 would require the Warriors to overcome a c200 f/a differential and both the Broncs and us losing both games.

No way we play the Broncs week 1.

Correct its not an option.

Though the Broncos managed something pretty similar last year to fall out of the 8. Might be pushing my luck this time.

Iamback

Coach
No guarantees on either here. I think the Reynolds decision is hinging on this week's game against the Raiders. Not really about surring up their spot in the 4. I don't think Kevvie will allow Brisbane to go 0-2 into the finals so Reynolds will play.

We have no idea what Papenhuyzen is going to offer either. Hasn't played first grade in over 13 months.

2 weeks off would be very short for a calf injury.

Papenhuyzen at 50% is better than a full strength Meaney, Outside of a hand ful of guys they are a team of plodders. So he will help

Sime_11

Juniors
Melbourne played the long game for Pap and its worth the risk for the position they are in

def would be the value bet to win the comp - if Pap can come good instantly - Storm will be an intimidating prospect

Someone2

Juniors
How cute was Nath’s little ice cream date through the Week? I’m sure the rest of the boys would of been getting flogged at training

Someone2

Juniors
Roosters were smart they only won 2gfs than went back to being mediocre so it didn’t look to suspicious