What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 27 v Raiders

We played the final 60 minutes without scoring a point.
Polar opposite to last week. Final 10 mins a bewildering 30 points.
Sloan - has nospam29 throws erratic passes, often out of position and can't tackle. No footy brain.
Our most improved player this year across all facets. Is one of the few we have that can conjure something out of nothing. His stats say he can tackle with an 84% affective rating. Betting it was no more than 60% last season. He is far better at returning the ball, no longer rag dolled because he drops to his knees when collared, while he has been superb most times under pressure bombs, a skill he was miserable at 12 months ago. Not sure you have watched him closely but he has a a terrific footy brain, has vision which you cant teach. One instance that sticks in my mind was against the Storm when he split the line and when faced with Pappy as last line of defense he pulled off a fine piece of deception by faking to kick then in a flash swerved infield and burnt the fullback with sheer pace. He is still a work in progress with his positioning and avoiding overplaying his hand. I expect that will improve with the more games he plays..

Trifili13

Juniors
Yes I remember that incident Nana and it was -
"On ANZAC Day 1999, Cronulla CEO Peter Gow famously cut up a St. George jersey with a pair of scissors in front of onlookers at Cronulla's leagues club and ..."

That really got to me as well the bast..
What a tool. What club CEO cuts up another teams jersey. Lucky it wasn't a Dogs jersey. He is the father of Elle and Mimi McPherson.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Yes I remember that incident Nana and it was -
"On ANZAC Day 1999, Cronulla CEO Peter Gow famously cut up a St. George jersey with a pair of scissors in front of onlookers at Cronulla's leagues club and ..."

That really got to me as well the bast..

Here's a report of what happened. Barry Beath was and always will be another Dragons legend in my eyes.

Tuddy

Juniors
Just watched the press conference and saw Flanno saying we need winners next year. Pretty sure that was a swipe at Hunt directly. He also inferred there would be plenty of unexpected changes to the roster in the next few months.

I believe Flanno spent the season trying to build Hunts confidence up in an attempt to try and turn things around but has given up now for sure. I fully expect him to do everything he can to try and unload Hunt in the next few months.There’s no way he will re-sign him now.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Coffs, I’ve lived in the area my whole life, most my family are Sharks supporters, including my son. BUT, anyone but Sharks!
They are our rivals, the Sharks fans hate us! Don’t let Miller fool you, he never wants success for dragons, nor should he!
Just let Storm win the thing, nobody in Sydney gives a toss about them anyway.
It would be a travesty for Sharks, Bulldogs, Roosters, Manly to win the comp. In that order.
OK Crush…Go the Phins!
Dolphins, Cowboys, Knights & Sharks are bearable to me.

F.ck the Storm, Roosters, Panthers & MANLY (unbearable)

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
If Widdop had been there yesterday we would have won. Hunt can’t control a game , he is wasted money as I said earlier I’d take Boyd from the GC as a swap just to be rid of him. We all know that if he is Captain and 1/2next year it will be same sh#t different day.
I miss Gareth. He was such a talented player but also had so much heart. Almost won us the game on one leg in that 2015 final which was a total f**king rort, meanwhile Hunt, though scoring our only try, was a big reason we lost in that 2018 final vs Souths, which again, we should've won. Hope he's doing well Widdop

My '24 Report card.

Sloan: a big improver, still a work in progress in some defensive aspects. 7/10
Lomax: had a bumper final year. 8/10
Suli: another big improver. 7/10
Bird: Filled in adequately when needed. Still messes the play when he tries too hard.6/10
Rava: Worst ever season 5/10 was dropped for CT 6/10
Flanagan: Lacks class but never stops trying 6/10
Hunt: showed poor leadership, diminishing skillset. 5/10
Molo: An enigma who fails to consistently use his size and power. 6/10
Liddle: our unsung hero, tackles everything and can put us on front foot with his dummny half darts. 8/10
De Belin: All I can say is thank goodness we have him 9/10
Su'A: our third big improver. 8/10
Leilua: needs to offload some kilos and with good service to his edge he will be unstoppable. 7/10
Eisenhuth: A good defender but lacks impact with ball in hand. 6/10

Off the bench the Couchman twins were the pick. 7/10
Mike Molo 7/10, RFM 6/10. Feigai twins 6/10 offense 3/10 defense.

Last edited:

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
My '24 Report card.

Sloan: a big improver, still a work in progress in some defensive aspects. 7/10
Lomax: had a bumper final year. 8/10
Suli: another big improver. 7/10
Bird: Filled in adequately when needed. Still messes the play when he tries too hard.6/10
Rava: Worst ever season 5/10 was dropped for CT 6/10
Flanagan: Lacks class but never stops trying 6/10
Hunt: showed poor leadership, diminishing skillset. 5/10
Molo: An enigma who fails to consistently use his size and power. 6/10
Liddle: our unsung hero. tackles everything and can turn us round with his dummny half darts. 8/10
De Belin: All I can say is thank goodness we have him 9/10
Su'A: our third big improver. 8/10
Leilua: needs to offload some kilos and with good service to his edge he will be unstoppable. 7/10
Eisenhuth: A good defender but lacks impact with ball in hand. 6/10

Off the bench the Couchman twins were the pick. Toby 7/10, Ryan 6/10
RFM 6/10. Feigai twins 6/10 offense 3/10 defense.
You are too generous with Rava, Hunt, and Lawrie tbh RVH. Otherwise good ratings mate

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Why didn't our captain challenge the strip on Suli ??. Blocker Roach called it as an obvious one. Our captain chose to ignore it.
Mate I agree....Hunt would be the worst challenger in the NRL .....look at Munster, DCE, Cleary and the like......now that suggests to me 1 he's not interest and is just going to do the bare minimum till he pisses off or 2 hes incompetent......and to top it off we have to listen to Sampson, Meninga, Cronk and Parker tell us how wonderful he is