What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 27 v Raiders

Dragons4me

Juniors
Just watched the press conference and saw Flanno saying we need winners next year. Pretty sure that was a swipe at Hunt directly. He also inferred there would be plenty of unexpected changes to the roster in the next few months.

I believe Flanno spent the season trying to build Hunts confidence up in an attempt to try and turn things around but has given up now for sure. I fully expect him to do everything he can to try and unload Hunt in the next few months.There’s no way he will re-sign him now.

I too think we need to move on with Hunt for '25, cause what we see now is what we get in '25 and I don't think that will cut the mustard. I will cut the guy some slack though, as he did play every game including SOO. That was both a bonus and our downfall. Unfortunately, the help around him wasn't as consistently dominant as needed for the entire season, although I don't think Hunt and the team were always on the same page each game, hence the inconsistency. My post-game seasons assessment 24 hours later concludes we were better and worse than '23, but I still have confidence in Flanno's goals for the team. Far more than our previous coaching bunch and the newbie coaches on the scene. At least I could suffer the defeats privately rather than having to front the media post-matches. My balls aren't that big!! There were teams lower on the ladder than us that were expected to do better so that's a plus. Special mention to Jaydn Sua against the Raiders yesterday. The man's a machine. I don't know his stats but he seemed to be everywhere and in everything. JDB also.
A too want to thank you all for the ride this year. You read my comments (stupid ones and all) but I enjoy the comradrie and banter (and laughs) along the journey. So happy to see Dragon David return to the fold. We've never met but we need you brother.
Red V till the day I die!! Here's to a more successful 2025.

Good grief. What a rant!! 🙄🙄

SAP58

Juniors
What’s the go with Lomax? No fanfare for his last game. I didn’t see any of his teammates even giving him a pat on the back. Maybe I just missed it all.

Also, I reckon Liddle is proving to be one of the best 9’s in the comp.
I’m not sure Lomax has a lot of good mates at the club except for Blocker. Just my opinion from seeing him at supporter functions that he looks like he never wants to attend.

Dragon David

First Grade
I too think we need to move on with Hunt for '25, cause what we see now is what we get in '25 and I don't think that will cut the mustard. I will cut the guy some slack though, as he did play every game including SOO. That was both a bonus and our downfall. Unfortunately, the help around him wasn't as consistently dominant as needed for the entire season, although I don't think Hunt and the team were always on the same page each game, hence the inconsistency. My post-game seasons assessment 24 hours later concludes we were better and worse than '23, but I still have confidence in Flanno's goals for the team. Far more than our previous coaching bunch and the newbie coaches on the scene. At least I could suffer the defeats privately rather than having to front the media post-matches. My balls aren't that big!! There were teams lower on the ladder than us that were expected to do better so that's a plus. Special mention to Jaydn Sua against the Raiders yesterday. The man's a machine. I don't know his stats but he seemed to be everywhere and in everything. JDB also.
A too want to thank you all for the ride this year. You read my comments (stupid ones and all) but I enjoy the comradrie and banter (and laughs) along the journey. So happy to see Dragon David return to the fold. We've never met but we need you brother.
Red V till the day I die!! Here's to a more successful 2025.

Good grief. What a rant!! 🙄🙄
A good rant there Dragons4me, it's needed to help you release most of your frustrations. Our common denominator is the love of the Dragons and our want for us to become the best.

I have overcome my frustrations and look forward to a much better year in 2025 and continue reading and posting on this great Forum we have.

Cheers DD

denis preston

First Grade

You certainly do have a lot of work to do in the off season Mr Flanagan. Get those whips cracking and give your assistants a couple of upper cuts as well because they have made you look like shit. Mr Dean Young - the Cowboys have virtually flourished this year without your services. Mr Todd Payten me thinks was very happy to see you go.
Bit hard DD. The players we have that are not NRL standard just doesn’t include with ball in hand , it’s their inability to stick to defense structures and make bloody one on one tackles. When our squad is top 6 quality but still iffy in defence than Young will deserve every criticism levelled at him.

Dragon David

First Grade
Bit hard DD. The players we have that are not NRL standard just doesn’t include with ball in hand , it’s their inability to stick to defense structures and make bloody one on one tackles. When our squad is top 6 quality but still iffy in defence than Young will deserve every criticism levelled at him.
Yep, understand your point of view denis as always. I know it was hard on Young and the faults lie with our players who make the mistakes.

denis preston

First Grade
Shoulder operation will be undertaken, had it since the SOS.
CC

What a tool. What club CEO cuts up another teams jersey. Lucky it wasn't a Dogs jersey. He is the father of Elle and Mimi McPherson.
Yes on view of his eldest daughters selfish & dangerous advocacy on cancer treatments, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

I’ve seen Boyd play some really deplorable games but I strongly suspect there’s a talented halfback deep inside. I reckon Flano could do the job on him.
There is or rather there was. I recall watching Tannah Boyd as a Junior 'Roo tear apart the Jr Kiwis, had a hand in almost all Roo tries in a big win. Had me thinking at the time that 'this kid is going to be a super star'. What happened in the interim, badly managed, coached, lacking heart or self belief? I'd really like to know.

Last edited:
We need an offense coach with an adventurous imagination to come up with something different to our current turgid structures. In our penultimate match we showed what we can do with outside the box plays, almost snatched from the fire a match we had lost at half time. Having guys with the attacking calibre of Holmes, Sloan, Finau to take advantage of the unexpected we can surprise even ourselves next season.

Last edited:
Yeh we have a fun forum in which to talk everything footy..

I did mention last week that we should do a RedV Nostalgia thread for those like me that followed the club well before '99. I have ample material to get the ball rolling.
Think that response gives me the go ahead. Thanks. I will get cracking before the cricket season begins.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
What a tool. What club CEO cuts up another teams jersey. Lucky it wasn't a Dogs jersey. He is the father of Elle and Mimi McPherson.
Was that the same night that Barry Beath had a go at him ?

He was retired at the time and was having dinner there with a group of friends when the dildo in question said something or other to offend Big Bad Barry who answered in the only way that he knew - whack !

At least that is what the papers said at the time .

Apparently Bazza was told that he was not the type of person that would be welcomed in their club again ? ? ? 😳

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
Yep, understand your point of view denis as always. I know it was hard on Young and the faults lie with our players who make the mistakes.
In saying that though, there still needs to be a level of scrutiny on Young, what were his achievements when he was with us , then the cows and now back with us. You have to call a spade a spade at some stage.

Trifili13

Juniors
Was that the same night that Barry Beath had go at him ?

He was retired at the time and was having dinner there with a group of friends when the dildo in question said something or other to offend Big Bad Barry who answered in the only way that he knew - whack !

At least that is what the papers said at the time .

Apparently Bazza was told that he was not the type of person that would be welcomed in their club again ? ? ? 😳
Barry Beath was the person